(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

Yeah I still think he's waiting on the show to finish or he's contractually obligated to wait. No way he's not done. No way Winds isn't done.

I got that fire and blood for anyone who needs it. Pm me your email.

Donations are welcome :rofl:
Jk
But if you want

my wife started it, I dont have time til my winter vacation so I wont be reading til christmas. Heard its good so far.

I think Winds will be great.. can't wait. i think it will come immediately after the season.

Has anyone had a chance to read the targareyon book. Its really good.also think its going to bring some answers for the next 2 books

its basically the history book targ section just more detail. good little story to hold us over plus it has some stuff i think will be important for the next 2 books.
I still have a feeling that book coming this year in october the same time he releases all of em.

we're not spoiling show stuff in this thread right. i dont wanna shut down nike talk completely but I will

When the hell is A Dream Of Spring gonna release? We gotta wait like 10 years to know how the story ends.

Has anyone had a chance to read the targareyon book. Its really good.also think its going to bring some answers for the next 2 books

I have it downloaded on my iPhone but haven’t started it yet. How different is it from the history sections from that World of Ice and Fire book from a couple years ago?

I have it downloaded on my iPhone but haven’t started it yet. How different is it from the history sections from that World of Ice and Fire book from a couple years ago?
So that book just sorta quickly goes through each person who they were. What they did.
This book tells everyone how they came to be and and minor people around them

i stopped reading the book like 2 years ago
i dont even know where im at
or whats going on
i tried picking it up again
and was confused as hell

Question for yall. Some jabronie is trying to tell me that the 3 eyed raven from the show and 3 eyed crow from the book is the same person aka Bryden Rivers. I told him that was the case in the book but in the show he's a different person because he said he's been around for a thousand years. Yall think it's the same person?

We actually don't know yet fully
The Three-Eyed Crow may be Brynden Rivers

But, there is one caveat that has me wondering…

The closing chapter of the Dance of Dragons makes reference to a second life for a warg, that in one of his “skins”. Now, we don’t know how exactly warging works… But suppose that warging ability was not limited to certain bodies, and that it only takes a certain type of mind?

That would mean that there could, in theory, exist wargs that were essentially immortal, switching their host body every few decades. You can see where I’m going with this, right?

In that line of theorizing, Brynden Rivers would be just the latest in a line of host bodies stretching back thousands of years. What or who the Three-Eyed Crow was originally is unknown, and probably irrelevant. It is an ancient intelligence whose motives and goals are currently unknown.

Except for the fact it seems to be in need of a new body. Soon.

We actually don't know yet fully
The Three-Eyed Crow may be Brynden Rivers

But, there is one caveat that has me wondering…

The closing chapter of the Dance of Dragons makes reference to a second life for a warg, that in one of his “skins”. Now, we don’t know how exactly warging works… But suppose that warging ability was not limited to certain bodies, and that it only takes a certain type of mind?

That would mean that there could, in theory, exist wargs that were essentially immortal, switching their host body every few decades. You can see where I’m going with this, right?

In that line of theorizing, Brynden Rivers would be just the latest in a line of host bodies stretching back thousands of years. What or who the Three-Eyed Crow was originally is unknown, and probably irrelevant. It is an ancient intelligence whose motives and goals are currently unknown.

Except for the fact it seems to be in need of a new body. Soon.
In the books I totally agree with you. I think the 3EC is probably some entity that has been using different vessels through warging, but a lot of those details have been omitted from the show except for Bran being the new 3ER. He does say "I'm not Bran anymore. I'm the 3ER" but that seemed metaphorical in context of the conversation and other details in the show. I think with all of the liberties the show has taken, making the 3ER or at least the host body before Bran different than the 3EC is one of them. Makes a bit simpler to have just one dude that passed it on to Bran than to explain the back story of the 3ER or to expect the audience to read up.

there was some other stuff the show passed up explaining also.
idk i wouldn't say they're the same. but not sure that makes me right or wrong. they also tried to pass of benjen as cold hands

so I just finished fire & blood.
I think this book is subtly undoing all that the show is talking about with order of succession along with parentage. This book def came out for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom