(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

It is. But a one of the legitimized bastards of one of the old Targayen kings founded the house based on the sword name. They led a lot of rebleiions against the throne. Selmy pretty much ended it
laugh.gif
him and Bryden Tully.
The popular opinion is that he's a blackfyre
who is this?

i don't think jons dead at all. his followers will drag him out and nurse him back to his feet
The popular opinion is that he's a blackfyre
Isn't that a sword?
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Blackfyre

My guess is that Cold Hands was a Stark from the past which could mean that he was an ancient King in The North; a Stark Bastard, who became a ranger or Lord Commander or perhaps it is Brandon the Builder himself.

The fact that Bran meets an Other that is helpful to him and a band of humans north of the Wall, looks like a prelude to us, the readers, being shown a degree of nuance and complexity among the Wights and that they are not just a horde of malevolent zombies.

BTW, the writers of the show are disrespecting Lord Bolton, they have stolen two of his lines and given them to other characters. Tywin said the line about "m'lord" to Arya when it was Roose in book 5 saying that to Reek. Lady Olenna mentioned how figures help her to avoid constipation and that seems like it was taken from Roose in ASoS when he said that prunes are good for digestion.

Also, seeing as how the TV show version of Lady Olenna is very much like Eleanor of Aquitane from "A Lion in Winter," I hope that when in Brienne and Jaime meet Lord Bolton for dinner at Harrenhall, he will give us elements of the classic Bela Lagusi version of Dracula. I know that the beauty of the ASoIaF is that we do not have caricatures but TV and movies almost demand that characters at least partially look the part.

In AsoS, when Jaime and Brienne walk up to him at the Great Hall of Harrenhall, it is in a haunted and dimly lit castle, Roose is extra pale from being leeched and he is enjoying a blood roast. I hope he says something like Dracula like "I do not drink... wine" (proceeds to sip some hypocris).

i kinda imagined Grey Worm being bigger than that... dude looks frail... :smh:
i pictured him a brown brock lesnar :lol:
Isn't the Unsullied armor supposed to also be like a brass or copper color? Or maybe i'm getting it mixed up with something else. Might be only their shields that were that color. I was surprised when they had all black everything in the show.

Last edited:
My guess is that Cold Hands was a Stark from the past which could mean that he was an ancient King in The North; a Stark Bastard, who became a ranger or Lord Commander or perhaps it is Brandon the Builder himself.

The fact that Bran meets an Other that is helpful to him and a band of humans north of the Wall, looks like a prelude to us, the readers, being shown a degree of nuance and complexity among the Wights and that they are not just a horde of malevolent zombies.

BTW, the writers of the show are disrespecting Lord Bolton, they have stolen two of his lines and given them to other characters. Tywin said the line about "m'lord" to Arya when it was Roose in book 5 saying that to Reek. Lady Olenna mentioned how figures help her to avoid constipation and that seems like it was taken from Roose in ASoS when he said that prunes are good for digestion.

Also, seeing as how the TV show version of Lady Olenna is very much like Eleanor of Aquitane from "A Lion in Winter," I hope that when in Brienne and Jaime meet Lord Bolton for dinner at Harrenhall, he will give us elements of the classic Bela Lagusi version of Dracula. I know that the beauty of the ASoIaF is that we do not have caricatures but TV and movies almost demand that characters at least partially look the part.

In AsoS, when Jaime and Brienne walk up to him at the Great Hall of Harrenhall, it is in a haunted and dimly lit castle, Roose is extra pale from being leeched and he is enjoying a blood roast. I hope he says something like Dracula like "I do not drink... wine" (proceeds to sip some hypocris).

You're going a little too deep fam... Lol

But I do expect to see Roose getting leached on the show very soon... Just to set up the leech scene for melisandre which should come before episode 9.

I also think that cold hands is an old stark, but not benjen. That just seems too convenient and predictable. Never thought about bran the builder... That would make sense

On another note... I didn't expect the unsullied to be brolic because no balls= no testosterone. That's always been lurking in my mind though.

Last edited:
Would it make sense that it's Bran?  Coldands can't pass the wall because of the magic placed on it.  If he was the conjurer...

Sers, why did the Unsullied fight for Daenery's as Free Men? 

The show didn't explain much.

one thing i didn't like about book 5 was the title of each chapter
1-4 just said the name of the person we were about to read upon
but book 5 just had some really stupid names... "the windblown" "the turncloak" "the lost lord" "the blind girl"... etc.
hope book 6 and 7 just straight up have the persons name in the title.

you guys think both marriages will be shown this season or save the best one for next season?

Last edited:
only 1.

and yea the name of the chaps were a bit confusing. but it didn't bother me

one thing i didn't like about book 5 was the title of each chapter
1-4 just said the name of the person we were about to read upon
but book 5 just had some really stupid names... "the windblown" "the turncloak" "the lost lord" "the blind girl"... etc.
hope book 6 and 7 just straight up have the persons name in the title.

you guys think both marriages will be shown this season or save the best one for next season?

The Red Wedding will be episode 9 of this season. The Purple Wedding will be next season. I figure that Sansa's wedding will be fairly soon. I could picture episode 9 having some parallel scenes with Sansa wedding Tyrion and the staughter at the Twins.

What do you guys think about the direction that they're taking with Tyrion and Cersei in the show. Seems like they're making Tyrion into too much of the empathetic hero, while in the books he was a lot more flawed. Cersei is also a lot less evil in the show.

What do you guys think about the direction that they're taking with Tyrion and Cersei in the show. Seems like they're making Tyrion into too much of the empathetic hero, while in the books he was a lot more flawed. Cersei is also a lot less evil in the show.

Cersi comes off as incompetent to me in the series, which Martin does a great job of relaying in the book. She thinks she smarter than she is a feels that if she had a penis she would be Tywinn re-incarnate. Like Ros said about someone else Cersi is "really just a dumb ****". I don't know if she's as evil as she is in the books but we'll see when Jaime comes back to Kings Landing.

As for Tyrion, he's always been a fan favorite and his TV personality seems to have a leg up over Tyrion in the books but he's always been the underdog and people still clutch that he could be a Targaryen and one of the 3 heads of the dragon.

Last edited:
^
You mean a Targaryen ally or have actual Targaryen blood? It would be weird seeing an imp ride a dragon.

i think Tyrions end game is to destroy his family... if he can't have the Rock no one can... that's why (i think) he was going to Dany and why he told Quentin to go to dorne and gather forces.

also is that what they calling Joff's wedding? the PURPLE wedding :lol: i see how they came up with that name... but still.

^
Weird. I haven't been keeping up with all these new theories since I finished book 5. Seems like people are bored with no books to read and are coming up with all these new ideas. So now people think Tyrion is a Targ and Varys is from the Blackfyre line.

unless tywins wife cheated on hI'm. and irc didn't the mad king go to casterly rock and was like. yo what's yours is mine???
but even if so. wasnt tyrion alive already by then?
I feel like in the show. they may hang on to the jon snow and ygrette thing for awhile.
as far as cersi idk.
I was dosing off during littlefingers speech. I didn't understand if he found out varys was trying to get the targaryens back or jist hated the lannisters

Back
Top Bottom