Sportbike Club terrorizes family in a Range Rover in Manhattan (vid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
a brake check is being unlawfully imprisoned
roll.gif
The detective filing the complaint said that a video posted to the Internet showed Cruz pulling in front of a black SUV driving north on the Henry Hudson Parkway and “slowing his motorcycle down while looking behind him in the direction of said vehicle.”

The video also showed Cruz’s motorcycle and the SUV making contact and the SUV stopping with numerous motorcycles around it, blocking its movement, the detective said.

The detective said he showed the video to Cruz, and Cruz “stated in substance” that he was the person on the motorcycle. The detective also noted that the speed limit on the road is 45 miles per hour.
Second degree unlawful imprisonment is when a person illegally restrains another person knowingly. This infraction is a class A misdemeanour. Restraining in this sense means restricting other person's movements intentionally and unlawfully thus interfering with their freedom on movement.
In this case yes it is.

Last edited:
You sound stupid, and if you "stuntride" on a highway you deserve the same thing they got. The first thing you should of said was these bikers should of never endangered countless people on a city highway, but you choose not to because you think that what they do is a normal activity and everybody should just accept it.
Man what the hell are you reading honestly?Anyways maybe you missed the part where I said the streets ain't the place for this no more?So your saying runnin people over is normal activity that's cool huh?Dude please you me and every other living body on this site has enough god giving sense not to put your family in a dangerous situation.This jack *** did not he wanted to get in a pissing contest with a bunch of strangers so I a taxpaying citzen should feel sorry for some prick in a RR because he escalated a dangerous situation ha nope F'em

i've always been under the impression that if u rear end somebody in any fashion no matter the circumstances its your fault.  always wanted to bait a cop who follows too close with this but if there making exceptions for this guy i might have to think twice.  

now would i slow down in front of a suv while driving a motorcycle?  hell no thats just asking for trouble

Man what the hell are you reading honestly?Anyways maybe you missed the part where I said the streets ain't the place for this no more?So your saying runnin people over is normal activity that's cool huh?Dude please you me and every other living body on this site has enough god giving sense not to put your family in a dangerous situation.This jack *** did not he wanted to get in a pissing contest with a bunch of strangers so I a taxpaying citzen should feel sorry for some prick in a RR because he escalated a dangerous situation ha nope *****'em

Nobody feels bad for the RR driver, if anything my man taught these fools a valuable lesson, I'm sure any biker aware of this with an inch of brain will think twice before brake checking an SUV....

Btw he didn't do anything to escalate the situation! The situation was way out of control before he ran dude over..

DA PROOF IS IN DA PUDDIN, B.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...awrence-man/HzMUbHhDCoRTsS1TwhBjBJ/story.html

Doesn't take a genius to figure out the second man they arrested Tuesday already flipped on his biker friend and now they are using that information to "build the strongest cases possible" against Cruz.

Hope that dude really has a good lawyer because he's about to be blamed for this whole incident.

The driver of the RR not charged by the DA because he's a victim here.
Ya I'm not sure I agree with that. While his actions directly sparked the entire incident, I think they need to come down harder on the people who actually beat Lien.

i've always been under the impression that if u rear end somebody in any fashion no matter the circumstances its your fault.  always wanted to bait a cop who follows too close with this but if there making exceptions for this guy i might have to think twice.  

now would i slow down in front of a suv while driving a motorcycle?  hell no thats just asking for trouble

not when there's video evidence of you switching lanes improperly and slowing down below the speed limit when the flow of traffic doesn't permit it

Last edited:
Yup after the whole ordeal was over and the wife and kid was not harmed Jus the bozo driving

At the first stop they slashed his tires and shattered his wife's window....perhaps the reason why they are now unharmed was because the husband acted on impulse and got them out of there....by the time they finally caught him all the rage was focused on the driver.

What Puddin more like sour apples.So you tellin me you can't pick a better situation for your family then this.Please keep in mind im trying to figure out why both sides did what they did.But attempted murder is jus that.So now every other clown that don't wanna wait in traffic can jus plow people over im sorry but i just can't acknowledge that fact.The reason why im pushin for both sides to get some sort of punishment is so that this does not happen again nowhere and we can get back to the asian women appreciation thread.

a brake check is being unlawfully imprisoned
roll.gif
The detective filing the complaint said that a video posted to the Internet showed Cruz pulling in front of a black SUV driving north on the Henry Hudson Parkway and “slowing his motorcycle down while looking behind him in the direction of said vehicle.”

The video also showed Cruz’s motorcycle and the SUV making contact and the SUV stopping with numerous motorcycles around it, blocking its movement, the detective said.

The detective said he showed the video to Cruz, and Cruz “stated in substance” that he was the person on the motorcycle. The detective also noted that the speed limit on the road is 45 miles per hour.
Second degree unlawful imprisonment is when a person illegally restrains another person knowingly. This infraction is a class A misdemeanour. Restraining in this sense means restricting other person's movements intentionally and unlawfully thus interfering with their freedom on movement.
In this case yes it is.
And I color coded this to show how I believe the prosecutor will relate the unlawful imprisonment to Cruz's "brake check." This is why I'm saying he better have a damn good lawyer because da proof is in da pudding right here. The blame for the whole ordeal being placed on this dudes shoulders now.

Edit: Mr. Cruz was charged only in relation to the first encounter with the S.U.V. Prosecutors have not filed charges against anyone related to the beating of Mr. Lien. The investigation continued on Wednesday; the police said they still did not know the exact number of people involved in the assault.

Last edited:
You got all the answers
laugh.gif
I hope when a group of strangers approach you and kick your vechicle and try to open your car door, you stand right there and just close your eyes until it's over
Group of random strangers huh mr giggles.When that happen you will proably get the winning lottery ticket to Mr.Random events guy.

You got all the answers :lol: I hope when a group of strangers approach you and kick your vechicle and try to open your car door, you stand right there and just close your eyes until it's over

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't put himself in that position, slowing down, moving out the way and not provoking riders is a very simple task

Last edited:
Nobody feels bad for the RR driver, if anything my man taught these fools a valuable lesson, I'm sure any biker aware of this with an inch of brain will think twice before brake checking an SUV....

Btw he didn't do anything to escalate the situation! The situation was way out of control before he ran dude over..

What Puddin more like sour apples.So you tellin me you can't pick a better situation for your family then this.Please keep in mind im trying to figure out why both sides did what they did.But attempted murder is jus that.So now every other clown that don't wanna wait in traffic can jus plow people over im sorry but i just can't acknowledge that fact.The reason why im pushin for both sides to get some sort of punishment is so that this does not happen again nowhere and we can get back to the asian women appreciation thread.

If they can prove the unlawful imprisonment aspect of this (which they easily can) then Lien's escape will be completely justified and he's getting off free of charges. Dude hasn't even been arraigned for anything yet any way.

Also,
Details have emerged about the phone calls made by Mr. Lien’s wife, Rosalyn Ng, who was a passenger in the S.U.V. along with her 2-year-old daughter. The first call came in at 1:52 p.m. as the vehicle was speeding toward a highway exit near 165th Street.

Ms. Ng made at least four frantic calls to 911 in the span of about eight minutes, the police said.

Her third call, at about 1:55 p.m., was made after the riders caught the S.U.V. in Washington Heights and had begun to beat her husband. She made her last call about 2 p.m. By that time, the police had arrived on 178th Street and the motorcyclists had left, Mr. McCarthy said.

The calls may be significant when the authorities consider Mr. Lien’s actions and whether he is responsible for the injuries to the motorcyclist the Range Rover struck.
^This is going to be very important to the case.

Convinced you have no clue what you are talking about.

He didn't target the biker he ran over, he was trying to escape from danger and that biker parked himself in front of his truck, that was the bikers decision, NOT the drivers, furthermore he wasn't looking for an excuse to plow bikers on a highway, if that was the case there would have been dozens of bodies laid out all over the West Side.

You got all the answers :lol: I hope when a group of strangers approach you and kick your vechicle and try to open your car door, you stand right there and just close your eyes until it's over
Group of random strangers huh mr giggles.When that happen you will proably get the winning lottery ticket to Mr.Random events guy.

Couldn't even laugh at that

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't put himself in that position, slowing down, moving out the way and not provoking riders is a very simple task

I'm pretty sure I didn't mention bike riders in that scenario but thank you for the response Mr. Me Too

Wut?

The difference between this situation and "every other clown that don't wanna wait in traffic" is that he wasn't waiting in traffic and had an epiphany to run people over. They surrounded him so he has no where to go and then started to kick his car and so..

Are people watching a different video or reading something different?

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/191w5ognehgrbgif/original.gif[img][/quote]

[quote="Rollinwithangel, post: 18838311"][quote="Kiiing, post: 18838290"]http://pix11.com/2013/10/03/woman-says-bikers-left-her-shaken-after-van-wyck-encounter/#ndn-widget-embed-1-player[/quote]

Lol at her being shaken cause a group of bikers were weaving in and out of traffic, stop it[/quote]

you're getting more annoying by each post

smh :smh: i hope a good amount of them biker dudes get what they deserve, they were definitely looking for trouble and they should have known the consequences.

Wut?

The difference between this situation and "every other clown that don't wanna wait in traffic" is that he wasn't waiting in traffic and had an epiphany to run people over. They surrounded him so he has no where to go and then started to kick his car and so..

Are people watching a different video or reading something different?
They aren't watching a different video or reading something different.

They have different thought process on this matter because they are selfish, ignorant, and have no respect for the law.

Think about it. These guys are justifying stunt rides and don't think there's anything wrong with shutting down a whole bridge or section of the highway so they can do their stunts.

You will not be able to convince these guys that the bikers were wrong and breaking laws when they can't comprehend this themselves.

Their views on this matter are incredibly skewed and they can't be reasoned with. Just ignore them. I don't care about their worthless opinions any more. I'm just waiting for the verdicts from court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom