Sportbike Club terrorizes family in a Range Rover in Manhattan (vid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with questioning whether what the Range driver did was the smartest move in hindsight.  But the thought that simply apologizing to a bunch of bikers who surrounded his car would've just diffused the situation is hilarious.

Here's the dude in the Range

Alexian Lien

View media item 597691
View media item 597692
I am assuming this is his profile

Alexian Lien
Former Vice President of London Operations, Investcorp Bank B.S.C.
Background
Mr. Alexian Lien is a Director at Moneybookers. He was a Vice President at Investcorp Technology Partners. Mr. Lien joined the firm in 2004 and was based in the London office of the firm. Previously, he was an Analyst in the Distressed Finance and Restructuring Group of Credit Suisse First Boston in New York. Mr. Lien served on the Board of Trema Group. He holds a B.S. degree in Computer Engineering from Columbia University.

^^^Yeah......some people can't handle situations right. Most all people can't stay calm in situations like that. We see girls (or even guys for that matter) screaming over hysteria over absolutely nothing. Instinct sometimes tells you to panic and that is what people do. Again....I don't think there would have been any right solution here but maybe he could have been prevented from getting TKO'd. At most, the biker could have yelled at him or just messed up his ride. Instead....his ride got messed up and he got mopped.

When you have a child in your backseat, and your wife in the whip, in front of an angry mob, all of that rationale you speak of goes right out of the window. The only thing that matters is getting your child and wife out of that situation as fast as possible. I think even if he was just with his boy(s), other options could have been explored.

You're also saying "at most the biker could have..." well, we all know that in this crazy world we live in, sometimes you got to expect the unexpected or the worst outcome. It's a rolling of the dice, today it might have been a yelling, but on any given sunday it might have been death or serious physical harm.

Last edited:
We can't see from the vid if he tried to talk it out or not. Dude was obviously SCARED. His actions to me are that of someone who was afraid for his life. Hopefully he recovers and the bikers get caught.

When you have a child in your backseat, and your wife in the whip, in front of an angry mob, all of that rationale you speak of goes right out of the window. The only thing that matters is getting your child and wife out of that situation as fast as possible. I think even if he was just with his boy(s), other options could have been explored.

You're also saying "at most the biker could have..." well, we all know that in this crazy world we live in, sometimes you got to expect the unexpected or the worst outcome. It's a rolling of the dice, today it might have been a yelling, but on any given sunday it might have been death or serious physical harm.

I know what you are saying. I really can't say which route would have been better. I do know the option he took literally had the ending played out from the time he sped off. Who in the right mind could outrun a bike with a car. You talk about death and serious physical harm and I just feel that was the route he chose to take. I know people are crazy now a days but if you really played the percentages, I just believe that option A had a lower probability of something happening rather then option B.

^wow! Smh I guess they wanted to talk to him about calling the cops.

Last edited:
Details just in courtesy Jalopnik.....

-The Range Rover driver was not charged by the police.

-15 bikers have been arrested. 55 bikes were impounded.

- Confrontation was initiated by bikers because RR driver called the cops on them for wreckless driving.
happy.gif
  That makes me feel a little bit better.

I know what you are saying. I really can't say which route would have been better. I do know the option he took literally had the ending played out from the time he sped off. Who in the right mind could outrun a bike with a car. You talk about death and serious physical harm and I just feel that was the route he chose to take. I know people are crazy now a days but if you really played the percentages, I just believe that option A had a lower probability of something happening rather then option B.
Everything about what he was thinking is speculation, I just have a feeling since he'd called 911 he hoped the cops would show up at some point and as long as he could play keep away he and his family would be alright.  It all changed when his tires got slashed though, he didn't think things out.

What it comes down to is nothing would've happened if the bikers didn't think they owned the road, if they didn't completely stop traffic (on the West Side Highway of all places) and try to intimidate dude.  Too many people take being on the road in a car or on a bike as a game and not some serious ****.  I hope they get caught.

Update : The 15 who were arrested were not charged with assault relating to the incident, but other infractions including improper paperwork and outstanding warrants for unrelated crimes.

68 Court summons have been issued

I'm sure that cops been knew about the bikers reckless driving
If it was a matter of the RR hitting a bike I'm sure a couple of words would of been exchanged and everyone could of kept it moving
Once the RR started running ppl ova he was in the wrong

Somehow, the SUV driver hits one of the bikers. It's unclear whether the driver accelerates into the biker, or if the biker brake checks the driver.

What is clear is that the bikers surround the Range Rover, and then the driver slams on the gas, plowing through a number of motorcyclists. The riders give chase, quickly surround the SUV again, and again bring the vehicle to a halt. When one rider throws the driver's door open, the Range Rover takes off again, knocking another rider to the ground. The bikers follow it off the highway and onto West 178th street, where traffic brings the car to a stop.

A rider runs up to the SUV, smashes the window in with his helmet and more riders surround the Range Rover as the video cuts to a close.

From jalopnik..

Yeah...da driver had a BIG hand in how those events

Unfolded...

Moral of da story: choose your battles wisely.

From jalopnik..

Yeah...da driver had a BIG hand in how those events

Unfolded...

Moral of da story: choose your battles wisely.

Choose your battles? The bikers were looking for a confrontation.

No matter what dude did (unless he had the police come in beforehand), he was taking an L. Saying "I'm sorry" wasn't going to help him here. The fact that he had called the police on them beforehand, 15 bikers were arrested, and 55 bikes were impounded, says a lot.

This was right in the article...in case you had problems w/ comprehension:

One biker then pulled directly in front and slowed down, forcing the SUV to stop, and the others converged on the Range Rover, laying their bikes down on the pavement to block the vehicle.

Last edited:
Update : The 15 who were arrested were not charged with assault relating to the incident, but other infractions including improper paperwork and outstanding warrants for unrelated crimes.

68 Court summons have been issued

Now i ask you again dank..was it worth that driver

Being a tough guy? GTA plow downs carry

consequences in real life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom