SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I watched that Double Toasted roast of SM2/why SM3 is better and couldn't even disagree with the dumb stuff about SM2 that was pointed out :stoneface:

I need to watch that movie again. It's been a while...

I was saying this for years and when I saw the double toasted article, Martin brought up many of the points I brought up. I feel like one of those dudes def lurk NT.

Was dying laughing. when he was talking about him stabilizing the nuclear core in his apartment :lol: no protection for the observers neither. Get that trash *** Raimi film outta here.

I always thought Sm3 was entertaining. Not necessarily good but entertaining.

You have a point there and it may address what I was saying about not fully feeling Holland as the best Peter/Spidey.

I've read the entire Ultimates comic line once. I've read and reread Amazing Spider-Man, Spectacular, Web of..., Tangled Web, Sensational, Avenging, Astonishing, etc. countless times.

So the Peter by Stan and others especially his experiences as a teenager are more familiar to me than this modern one that's clearly doing its own thing and riffing off of Ultimate Spidey.

So job wise they could lean in to that.

I personally prefer it if they just fully leaned in to Peter being a scientist. He was too smart for school and they stopped short of full on genius. Son was flexing multiple languages.

Like I just wanted him to just reverse engineer the suit and just make his own one or modify it so he wouldn't have to worry about Stark taking it again :lol:
They basically made this back opening weekend :lol:

Too much money spent though.

I'd like him getting more into science as well. Definitely in college. I for sure want to see him in a white lab coat like in the cartoon.

Last edited:
What? Photography is Huge now! Everyone want to be a damn photographer on IG. If it's not peters thing. That's cool.

Kevin Feige on Zendaya's Michelle character : In setting up this will be a very different thing, she’s not Mary Jane Watson, that’s not who the character is. But giving her the initials that remind you of that dynamic certainly is intriguing about what could go forward.

I feel like this movie can do a little over 900 mil. Even though it's making great money right now, it still seems like some people have yet to see it because of previous Spider-Man films being disappointing. The word of mouth being through the roof will slowly bring everyone out though and those who have seen and loved it are going back for multiple viewings.

The movie is grossing between 100-120 domestically for the weekend.

Based on those numbers, if Homecoming has legs of a typical marvel movie, it won't reach 900

Now if Homecoming has grossed 150 plus or higher, now we're talking..

Based on those numbers, if Homecoming has legs of a typical marvel movie, it won't reach 900

It'll be 800 ish if the opening is around wonder woman. WW will fall somewhere short of 800 but that's because while the domestic is pretty high, it didn't catch on overseas that well. With Spider-Man im assuming to be the opposite. Solid domestic numbers but higher international numbers.

Movie is breaking records internationally and has still yet to open in major markets like China and Japan. The Domestic opening weekend has changed and I think it does about 127 mil this weekend. Domestic openings aren't the final call on its total gross though. Fast 8 opened with under 100 mil domestically and grossed a billion world wide. Spiderman falls under a slightly different category but the word of mouth is what I feel like will carry it. I've seen this movie 3 times already and know for sure I will see it again cause I have yet to see it in 3D IMAX. This film will benefit from multiple viewings amongst audiences.

Last edited:

Movie is breaking records internationally and has still yet to open in major markets like China and Japan. The Domestic opening weekend has changed and I think it does about 127 mil this weekend. Domestic openings aren't the final call on its total gross though. Fast 8 opened with under 100 mil domestically and grossed a billion world wide. Spiderman falls under a slightly different category but the word of mouth is what I feel like will carry it. I've seen this movie 3 times already and know for sure I will see it again cause I have yet to see it in 3D IMAX. This film will benefit from multiple viewings amongst audiences.
Japan is the second biggest market for spidey and you know Sony is going to go hard.

Slightly disappointed with the opening weekend. I want this film to gross more than Spiderman 3

Japan is the second biggest market for spidey and you know Sony is going to go hard.

It's comparing apples and oranges though

Fast 7 grossed 1.5 billion and Spidey as a franchise I don't think has ever produced a movie that crossed a bill

It's comparing apples and oranges though

Fast 7 grossed 1.5 billion and Spidey as a franchise I don't think has ever produced a movie that crossed a bill
Depends. If you were to adjust for inflation, spider man 1,2&3 all would've made over a billion dollars. But unadjusted, the highest is Spider-Man 3 at 890 million

The new update 117 million is STILL EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS!!! Which is great! It's all going to be about the word of mouth and how it holds up! WW had great word of mouth and held up EXTREMELY well. Did another 10 million in its 6-7 week. It's about to pass GOTG2 domestically.

Last edited:
2nd week is going to suck, War comes out this weekend. With great reviews that movie will do bank.

Man that ferry scene was so sick, him webbing up damaged parts up and then trying to hold it together.

Then I'm coming through :wow:

When he told him if he cared he would really be there and my dude steps out like a G :pimp:

Nah my favorite scene was Peter saving the kids on the elevator

First time he did something that heroically public. And even better, no IM swooping in to hog the spotlight

Last edited:
That elevator scene when Liz was falling gave me heavy flashbacks and déjà vu of something else :lol: .......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom