SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
In the 15 years of Spider-Man on film we never got a sequence of him actually changing into his suit until now. One of the best scenes in Homecoming by far. The eyes emoting like crazy as if he's tryna adjust in his vision and then him saying "finally".....priceless :nthat:

Last edited:
I liked the scene in the field when he shot his webbing and there was nothing to grab. So he just kept running. Lol.

Another thing that was crazy for me in particular was the shot of the globe from flushing meadows park as soon as Peter's vlog starts. Being that I was born and had some of my fondest childhood moments in Queens, many of which involve Marvel comics this was so endearing. But the wide shots of the city in the film are clearly Atlanta, where my family moved to once we left Queens and where I currently reside. Sweeping shots of 75 South when Peter is swinging lol. The Parking lot Spiderman interrogated midlife gambino in is a Georgia State faculty garage. Pinewood studios in Fayetteville where they film all of the Marvel films is 10 mins from my home. This film was just awesome from every facet.

Last edited:
uh... why

Do you really think freelance photography in general, let alone, for teenagers is really popping like that? :lol:

They're most likely gonna the ultimate route and do something different
If they want to get in to it and tackle it as a serious profession that's something Peter has a passion about, they could make him pursue photojournalism.

Too late in the comics but I always felt that was a job he could've easily fell in to after outgrowing I have to take pictures of myself to make money to support Aunt May to make money so I'm not broke but Pete's never been much of a writer anyway.

I didn't think of it that way but that video journal stuff was a good stand-in for photography and its all a part of that world field wise.

If they want to get in to it and tackle it as a serious profession that's something Peter has a passion about, they could make him pursue photojournalism.

Too late in the comics but I always felt that was a job he could've easily fell in to after outgrowing I have to take pictures of myself to make money to support Aunt May to make money so I'm not broke but Pete's never been much of a writer anyway.

I didn't think of it that way but that video journal stuff was a good stand-in for photography and its all a part of that world field wise.

I mean they could introduce it as a hobby, but I just dont see them having it has his source of income. Mix that in with the public's lack of interest in Spiderman, I don't see photos selling.

Last edited:
I see them reintroducing the Daily Bugle because they never introduced it in the Amazing Spider-Man films. I saw some rumor/campaign for Terry Crews to be J. Jonah as well which is so cooky, it would definitely work :lol:

But as soon as the video diary started rolling I knew it was a tongue in cheek for Peter being behind a camera. This MCU Spider-Man having the Bugle job will be the perfect addition to his complex life especially since May now knows Peter's secret.

I mean they could introduce it as a hobby, but I just dont see them having it has his source of income. Mix that in with the public's lack of interest in Spiderman, I don't see photos selling.
What public? Within the world?

Oh trust, I said it in my review posted in the MCU thread but all of the material to set up a smear campaign of Spider-Menace is all in Homecoming.

Spidey was recklessly destroying all sorts of **** in this movie :lol: I'm sure plenty ppl can be pissed and blame him. Pete gets a job selling photos and that grows in to something more given he actually cares about the community.

I don't think its highly probable but its definitely doable. They didn't touch on Aunt May struggling (idk if she even has a job). Plus at the end Tony was about to have Peter living upstate in the Avengers compound like he had Wanda no problem other than having to explain it to May. So overall I'm not sure how much any job/profession will play a role in sequels.

Last edited:
I see them reintroducing the Daily Bugle because they never introduced it in the Amazing Spider-Man films. I saw some rumor/campaign for Terry Crews to be J. Jonah as well which is so cooky, it would definitely work :lol:

But as soon as the video diary started rolling I knew it was a tongue in cheek for Peter being behind a camera. This MCU Spider-Man having the Bugle job will be the perfect addition to his complex life especially since May now knows Peter's secret.

Ain't never seen the Terry Crews rumor :rofl:

What public? Within the world?

Oh trust, I said it in my review posted in the MCU thread but all of the material to set up a smear campaign of Spider-Menace is all in Homecoming.

Spidey was recklessly destroying all sorts of **** in this movie :lol: I'm sure plenty ppl can be pissed and blame him. Pete gets a job selling photos and that grows in to something more given he actually cares about the community.

I don't think its highly probably but its definitely doable. They didn't touch on Aunt May struggling (idk if she even has a job). Plus at the end Tony was about to have Peter living upstate in the Avengers compound like he had Wanda no problem other than having to explain it to May. So overall I'm not sure how much any job/profession will play a role in sequels.

Forgot about all the destruction, so I guess they could still badmouth him and all that, but idk I just dont see photography being in the mix. It's not impossible to do like you said, but I just dont think they're gonna do it. I do feel as if they're gonna add in the aspect of him wanting or getting a job because it adds another layer to thr character now that he somewhat moved on from wanting to be an Avenger so bad.

Ain't never seen the Terry Crews rumor :rofl:

I believe I saw it on Reddit but they were speaking highly about him being casted. I thought that was so odd but the diversity in MCU Spider-Man's life combined with any hope of the traitor JK Simmons returning to the role kinda got me hopeful a zany casting for J. Jonah would happen. I like the idea of Terry Crews in the role now :lol:

The problem here is that Homecoming didn't bother to tackle the question of Parker financials :lol:

Aunt May is not mentioned as having a job, they are not implied to be struggling, and there is the very unorthodox possiblity of 15 year old Peter Parker being bankrolled by a billionaire industrialist :lol:

The suit explicitly costs > a million dollars. This isn't to say that Stark is financing Peter in other ways, but it would be odd to have him be invited to live in the Avengers compound one day, and then be telling Tony "yeah we're coming up short on rent" the next.

The Bugle and photography can and should be incorporated into the sequels. Freelance journalism is still a thing. Competent photographers are certainly in demand, if not great photos.

As a photographer guaranteed to obtain grade-A exclusive flix of Spider-Man, Peter Parker being a photog for the Bugle is not that farfetched :lol:

Last edited:
And Marvel shouldn't cast Terry Crews/Ice Cube/whomever as JJJ.

Jameson is staunchly conservative and a definite MAGA man.

Last edited:
Do you really think freelance photography in general, let alone, for teenagers is really popping like that?
laugh.gif

They're most likely gonna the ultimate route and do something different
yea I think so. Esp with instagram and technology in general photography is def becoming bigger.

not to mention that back in high school a lot of people took photography class in my school.

yea I think so. Esp with instagram and technology in general photography is def becoming bigger.
not to mention that back in high school a lot of people took photography class in my school.

Nobody is denying whether or not photography is popular. It's the idea of a teenage, freelancing photographer in today's age. Who's doing that? Now if he's in college doing that, that's fine. In high school, I'm not buying it.

Nobody is denying whether or not photography is popular. It's the idea of a teenage, freelancing photographer in today's age. Who's doing that? Now if he's in college doing that, that's fine. In high school, I'm not buying it.
In today's age, who is a teenage superhero? I'm not buying that either.

I'd def buy it. They can incorporate some type of scholarship program to Empire State or something. A 16 year old kid working a job isn't far fetched

I'd def buy it. They can incorporate some type of scholarship program to Empire State or something. A 16 year old kid working a job isn't far fetched

It's not. I was working at 16. I just dont see them going that route with photography.

Last edited:

I've known plenty of teenagers when I was one who were heavily in to photography.

They all mostly went to art colleges or high schools or a trade school focused on that to potentially do it for a living.

Of course in today's age photography is a passion for teenagers. Especially in New York. To say it isn't is indirectly implying photography is dying out or something. Like there isn't a new generation of photo artists and photojournalists.

Photography isn't coal mining.

Last edited:
I've known plenty of teenagers when I was one who were heavily in to photography.

They all mostly went to art colleges or high schools or a trade school focused on that to potentially do it for a living.

Of course in today's age photography is a passion for teenagers. Especially in New York. To say it isn't is indirectly implying photography is dying out or something. Like there isn't a new generation of photo artists and photojournalists.

I guess. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I still see them taking cues from the Ultimate and going the developer route

I watched that Double Toasted roast of SM2/why SM3 is better and couldn't even disagree with the dumb stuff about SM2 that was pointed out :stoneface:

I need to watch that movie again. It's been a while...

Last edited:

I guess. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I still see them taking cues from the Ultimate and going the developer route
You have a point there and it may address what I was saying about not fully feeling Holland as the best Peter/Spidey.

I've read the entire Ultimates comic line once. I've read and reread Amazing Spider-Man, Spectacular, Web of..., Tangled Web, Sensational, Avenging, Astonishing, etc. countless times.

So the Peter by Stan and others especially his experiences as a teenager are more familiar to me than this modern one that's clearly doing its own thing and riffing off of Ultimate Spidey.

So job wise they could lean in to that.

I personally prefer it if they just fully leaned in to Peter being a scientist. He was too smart for school and they stopped short of full on genius. Son was flexing multiple languages.

Like I just wanted him to just reverse engineer the suit and just make his own one or modify it so he wouldn't have to worry about Stark taking it again :lol:

Spider-Man: Homecoming Promotional Campaign Worth Over $140M
They basically made this back opening weekend :lol:

Too much money spent though.

Back
Top Bottom