SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
This dude starts off saying this is wild bias :lol: Why should I keep watching?

I love SM2 but c'mon.

He's going down the whole Pete ways gets screwed even when he does the right thing path I think.

I think I get it. We've seen that 5 times now. I'm not mad at Homecoming lacking that.

Its teenage Spidey. He got decades to get tortured and screwed by life.

yea i had to rewind when he said SM2 was the greatest film and he admits hes biased haha.

but I do think he bought up some decent points honestly.

exactly how I felt

Sick of these contrarians that want attention. Says Homecoming isn’t a good Spider-Man movie but then 5 mins in says once Spider-Man loses his suit it becomes a really good Spider-Man movie :stoneface:

Homecoming is the best Spider-Man film and it isn’t even close. Any film with Spider-Man using organic webs, opining for a woman that’s with another man or loses his powers because he’s stressed out isn’t a good Spider-Man movie.

They should only do the fishbowl as a joke.

They should totally do Ultimate Mysterio's face look

latest

Better than SM3 and both ASM’s yes
Well that is the majority :lol:

I'd even say it edges out the first SM in some ways.

Last edited:
This dude starts off saying this is wild bias :lol: Why should I keep watching?

I love SM2 but c'mon.

He's going down the whole Pete always gets screwed even when he does the right thing path I think.

I think I get it. We've seen that 5 times now. I'm not mad at Homecoming lacking that.

Its teenage Spidey. He got decades to get tortured and screwed by life.

Dude literally has to choose numerous times between doing the right thing and taking the easy way out

The girl he loves the whole movie, he loses out on that because he has to take out her dad

This dude either has zero clue about what high school is like or just being an ***.. imagine being a high school kid and keeping your mouth shut on being Spider-Man, Ned freaking out shows us

Also this dude contradicts himself numerous times during the video.. "people love the MCU because of... this isnt good for that exact same reason"

Dude literally has to choose numerous times between doing the right thing and taking the easy way out

The girl he loves the whole movie, he loses out on that because he has to take out her dad

This dude either has zero clue about what high school is like and just being an ***.. imagine being a high school kid and keeping your mouth shut on being Spider-Man, Ned freaking out shows us
Yeah, he's not a NTer so I didn't even get in to arguing his stance after eventually watching the entire vid.

The main conflict was the consequence. I'm hazy on details but didn't Liz have to leave school cuz of all this?

The tenseness of that car ride with Pete knowing dad is the Vulture and Toomes 0figuring out Pete is Spidey is so underrated. Totally captured Peter Parker's "luck" from so many comics.

And yeah the movie very well portrayed what a teenage Spidey would be like in the 21st century.

As for the suit stuff, eh, to me it isn't total blasphemy. Everybody had their issues with it early on but juxtaposed to that ****** costume he had prior made fans accept it easier. Even managed to get laughs and use out of it.

From organic webbing to the suit. I'm not mad. Not perfect but not terrible.

Yup, Liz and her mom went to live with her family plus don't think they could afford the school or their house anymore.. I think peter was there on scholarship or something

it doesn't drop on midnight :lol:

embargo lifts oct 2 7:30pm pst

i know, its weird :lol:

but social media embargo us supposedly lifted (probably because the premiere was tonight?) so scour those if you want some opinions

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom