SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Thats probably one issue in the failing and the lack of Spidey.

Venom isn't just normal guy Eddie Brock comes across a symbiote that bonds with him, makes him do things he doesn't want to, talks in his head, and eventually takes over his body (at least that's how it goes in Upgrade).

Eddie Brock dislikes Peter Parker and hates Slider-Man for ruining his career and reputation. The Venom symbiote hates Peter Parker for rejecting him as a partner. That shared hatred makes them perfect pair for revenge. They then move on to a twisted sense of justice (Lethal protector). Then Eddie Brock dies of cancer or at least thats how his story ends for me.

Really seems movie did not convey that and portray the character and thus anti-hero well enough .

Movie was top 3 worst comic movies all time.

Green lantern ranked better imo.

It wasn’t good at all.

The second end credit scene was better than the entire movie.

Smh.

What a waste

Movie was top 3 worst comic movies all time.

Green lantern ranked better imo.

It wasn’t good at all.

The second end credit scene was better than the entire movie.

Smh.

What a waste

Fam, I cant possibly fathom Green Lantern being better than this? You for real?

It was corny and cringe at times.

If they wanted to be dark they should have stayed dark, but they want humor too which felt out of place.

The movie just seemed, so, wrong.

CGI was awful - and I say this because I expected better considering what we have been used to.

I just find it a waste of a great actor in a movie that had so much potential...

Smh

Just got back from seeing Venom, didnt think it was anywhere near as bad as ppl say. My biggest problem with it was that the second half of the movie felt like they were trying to do too much in too little time.

Movie wasn’t bad as ppl make it seem it’s 3/5 avg film the reason venom wants to stay to be Eddie symbiote tho on my planet I’ma loser to trash but it was straight movie

couple of nice laughs. action scenes (fight, chase, etc) weren't anything too special but still entertaining. the imax 3d added a couple of points :lol:

Honestly there are three kinds of reviews I'm noticing by critics and moviegoers alike

One is it's so bad that it's compared to Green Lantern and Catwoman

The other is that it's still bad but at least it's not boring bad

And the last is 'it's not that bad'

Damn. :lol:

It was corny and cringe at times.

If they wanted to be dark they should have stayed dark, but they want humor too which felt out of place.

The movie just seemed, so, wrong.

CGI was awful - and I say this because I expected better considering what we have been used to.

I just find it a waste of a great actor in a movie that had so much potential...

Smh
They didn’t do that dot suits or face dots like they do for avengers movies heard they pretty much photoshopped it :lol:

Movie wasn't as bad as people say. I tried to go in unbiased but I couldn't shake the feeling of, "this should be with Spidey". Movie was entertaining, when Venom was doing Venom stuff he looked cool. There was alot of cringe dialogue tho, especially with Anne. Movie didn't match up at all. Act 1 felt like a completely different movie from act 2 and act 3 felt different from both act 1 and 2. Venom had a drastic change in personality out of nowhere. Damn, maybe it was as bad as people say lol.

I’m not a huge super hero movie type of dude but Venom was always my favorite character growing up. I thought there was a chunk of throwaway scenes at the beginning but as soon as Venom latched onto Eddie Brock the movie was great.

Movie wasn't as bad as people say...... Damn, maybe it was as bad as people say lol.

Lol at the beginning and end of your post.

I've been waiting to see an awesome Venom since Tobey Maguire's first spider man movie came out. And looks like I'm still going to be waiting.

Last edited:
It was alright. Took awhile for him to become Venom then the movie pretty much ended lol.

when he kisses she venom tho lol

Movie isn’t as bad as reviews suggest

It’s better than catwoman lol

Had potential to be good, they fumbled it

Back
Top Bottom