SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Just saw venom

It was awesome imo

Post credit scenes were fire

But woody harrelson as carnage lmao

Woody looking like Annie :lol:

tenor.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

If a marvel live action flick isn’t done by Marvel Studios I ain’t spending a dime on it

Fixed.

Into the Spider Verse looks cool and the new dceu flicks like shazam and aquaman looks promising

But I'm done with the fox verse movies and any spidey movies sony wants to do that doesn't have spiderman in it LOL

That 89% fan rating is wild :rofl:

not sure why they didn't load it with spidey easter eggs

like they mentioned him moving from NY and being in a publication or news venue there, why not say daily bugle?
Does the Daily Bugle even have a kind of Easter egg in the MCU? :lol:

Why this song called Venom but the video totally steals the concept of the movie Fallen with Denzel? :lol:

Last edited:
Audience reviews are good.

Venom‘s $10M is on par with the preview cash that Sony minted for Spider-Man 3 which went on to do a $59.8M opening day and $151.1M weekend. It’s also higher than Doctor Strange‘s $9.4M Thursday which translated into a $32.5M opening day and $85M opening. But don’t get excited. Both movies had higher Rotten Tomatoes scores respectively of 63% fresh and 89% certified fresh while Venom has been poisoned by 28% rotten. The latter could potentially slow down grosses even though a case can be made that most superhero are critic-proof. Warner Bros. Justice League was forecasted to do between $110M-$120M and the superhero ensemble movie crashed with a $93.8M opening, hurt by a 40% Rotten Tomatoes score in the wake of fans and critics being put off by director Zack Snyder’s previous Batman v. Superman, even though they shelled out over $873M WW, $330.3M domestic to see that film.

F981DD93-F358-4B9B-9A62-F94BE72085BE.jpeg

Has a comic book movie ever received such as good rating from audiences and such a bad rating from critics?

Was it Ares who was the villain? Ares being an old *** man was funny af. The other two villains was awful too

The fact that it just came down to a cgi slugfest. With Ares being the God of War, would have been cool to see a super-powered heavy choreographed art of war type fight.

Was it Ares who was the villain? Ares being an old *** man was funny af. The other two villains was awful too
Yeah. It was just a bad ending by all accounts. Then she ends up staying being banished by her homeland for absolutely no reason lol. She should of left never to come out (until things get too bad aka a good JL movie)

WW was good until the last 10-15mins. The villain reveal, the horrid CGI, just reverted to Snyder Man.

All 3 villains in WW were bad.. but I feel like the film was just a better version of first avenger with some Thor thrown in

Also felt like they ripped off saving private Ryan with its best scene

So I'm curious as hell to see how WW2 turns out

All 3 villains in WW were bad.. but I feel like the film was just a better version of first avenger with some Thor thrown in

Also felt like they ripped off saving private Ryan with its best scene

So I'm curious as hell to see how WW2 turns out
I don’t know how to say it but the story just never turned the corner so to speak. Story went and then just ended Iike a cartoon with everything just being fine

Yea I feel like Snyder got involved that last 15 minutes as well. The way the movie was during the climax felt like it had his fingerprints on it.

All of the action scenes were definitely Snyder

But I actually liked what they were doing with ares until the end.. because you have WW being this super naive character and the ending should have just been her realizing man didn't need ares be self destructive and him celebrating in all of it.. THEN I could have seen he becoming disillusioned over time AND needing superman later on to give her the kick of hope, ditto batman

But that's why too deep for a CBM and especially a DCEU one

Back
Top Bottom