SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
All of the action scenes were definitely Snyder

But I actually liked what they were doing with ares until the end.. because you have WW being this super naive character and the ending should have just been her realizing man didn't need ares be self destructive and him celebrating in all of it.. THEN I could have seen he becoming disillusioned over time AND needing superman later on to give her the kick of hope, ditto batman

But that's why too deep for a CBM and especially a DCEU one
The best thing they could of done was not have ares in it at all. The “twist” could of been man being ****. She then leaves mans world for good and admits her mother is right. The sets her up for an emotional return and a legit reason to why she never helped during any world problems. DC is way too dumb though

All of the action scenes were definitely Snyder

But I actually liked what they were doing with ares until the end.. because you have WW being this super naive character and the ending should have just been her realizing man didn't need ares be self destructive and him celebrating in all of it.. THEN I could have seen he becoming disillusioned over time AND needing superman later on to give her the kick of hope, ditto batman

But that's why too deep for a CBM and especially a DCEU one
Idk about all of the action scenes. Just the ones at the end. It felt like Snyder because of all the cgi light overload and the dark background.

Idk about all of the action scenes. Just the ones at the end. It felt like Snyder because of all the cgi light overload and the dark background.

The most Snyder scene to me was when she was fighting in the square, the slowmo and music feeling out of place

The best thing they could of done was not have ares in it at all. The “twist” could of been man being ****. She then leaves mans world for good and admits her mother is right. The sets her up for an emotional return and a legit reason to why she never helped during any world problems. DC is way too dumb though

Nah.. well not nah to all of it.. because I think ares should have been in it, but the whole idea of ares being wrong.. or what she was taught of him

Just have him sit back and laugh that he doesn't have to do shh and men will just be themselves.. either that or you change a lot about her to make it more compelling, cause her rogues' gallery is pretty weak

Would like to see big barda

Also hopefully Kathryn bigelow gets a shot at one of these soon

The most Snyder scene to me was when she was fighting in the square, the slowmo and music feeling out of place

Nah.. well not nah to all of it.. because I think ares should have been in it, but the whole idea of ares being wrong.. or what she was taught of him

Just have him sit back and laugh that he doesn't have to do shh and men will just be themselves.. either that or you change a lot about her to make it more compelling, cause her rogues' gallery is pretty weak

Would like to see big barda

Also hopefully Kathryn bigelow gets a shot at one of these soon
I can see that. Ares in it or not the way they used him was wrong. Him being an old man was just laughable but that’s besides the point. The movie just went full dumb at the end. Weakest plot points possible

I can see that. Ares in it or not the way they used him was wrong. Him being an old man was just laughable but that’s besides the point. The movie just went full dumb at the end. Weakest plot points possible

Didn't even mind that, cause I had just seen dude do work on the 3rd season of Fargo

Him being a politician and basically saying he does that for the fun of it to further drive home that point about men AND politicians would have been great.. but again wayyy too deeep and not visually entertaining for a CBM

I mean I guess they coulda have pulled a WS which had a lot of political thriller aspects.. but they should do that with superman and lex

Didn't even mind that, cause I had just seen dude do work on the 3rd season of Fargo

Him being a politician and basically saying he does that for the fun of it to further drive home that point about men AND politicians would have been great.. but again wayyy too deeep and not visually entertaining for a CBM

I mean I guess they coulda have pulled a WS which had a lot of political thriller aspects.. but they should do that with superman and lex
Maybe becuase I got GOW on my mind but homie is the GOD OF WAR damn it. Dude should of been Xerxes from 300 or something lol. 8 foot tall SOB

All way I can think that they properly could have done ares, was if they set the movie during the 80s so you have ares becoming strong over time because of men's wars

And then it's him trying to start WWIII so he can gain sure absurd level of power or some shh

I LOVE 300 so Snyder is capable of something but that was also the first “Snyder type” movie. I’ve liked nothing since. That was 2007

300 was ok...

Snyder's best film was Dawn of the Dead (2004)... Ironically written by James Gunn...
Ahhhh yes. I liked that movie too

Admitiedly 300 is a “stupid” movie but it was also so simple it was near impossible to mess up

I liked dawn of the dead, 300 and watchmen

Like the action scenes of sucker punch.. pieces of MOS that had faora

Was going say that would be a great idea.. I had no clue her and big dude died

Bring in big barda and call it a day..

I just watched the recent suicide squad animated movie, could also go with knockout

Or hell, use vandal savage

Just got back from seein Venom

I thought it was good..my only complaint is having Michelle Williams in the movie..she’s so terrible :lol:

Definitely can’t wait for the sequel :pimp:

Venom was decent. A little dry but I could appreciate the humor. Wish it could have been rated R, though. Blood would have made the action scenes a bit more engaging.

FRIDAY 11:07 PM UPDATE: Refresh for chart Sony can breathe a giant sigh of relief as their Marvel-verse Venom is absolutely working at the domestic box office with what is now estimated to be an $77M-$80M weekend after a $32.3M Friday, both quite easily October records besting Gravity‘s $55.7M opening weekend and Paranormal Activity 3‘s opening day of $26.3M.

on a $100m budget

also got this tee

venom tee.jpg

Back
Top Bottom