SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
the director clearly called in a favor to Woody to do that mid credits scene
scene is shot like its the first ever mid credits scene in movie history.
that comment about this movie being in a time capsule was so on point.

The movie is bad. Undeniably bad. Like if you say otherwise your opinion doesn’t matter anymore type of bad. It’s a bad action comedy. If Deadpool sucked it would be venom. It’s Electra levels of horrible. I think the “passes” come from liking the character to begin with. Have lame fighting and action all you want but a horrible story, acting and pacing can’t be overlooked

Keep this FAR AWAY from MCU

Last edited:
The groundwork just isn’t there to build off of without becoming even worse. The movie was legit pointless

Word of mouth is a mixed bag and reviews are ripping the film. The next 3 weeks will determine if there’s a sequel.
If it hits 220 and over worldwide, Sony will just cut the budget in half and try again lol

It would've had to tanked pretty hard to discourage a sequel. I was hoping for that but doesn't look like it.

If it hits 220 and over WW, Sony will just cut the budget in half and try again lol

Sony knows all to well the law of diminishing returns. That wouldn’t be wise. I don’t think a sequel should be made unless this movie does over 500 mil but honestly it’s looking possible.

Sony knows all to well the law of diminishing returns. That wouldn’t be wise. I don’t think a sequel should be made unless this movie does over 500 mil but honestly it’s looking possible.
It wasn't really wise to plan the Venom movie to begin with lol

Venom should not have jumped to an anti hero in his movie right away

He should've been a villain in a movie produced by marvel studios

Last edited:
Venom wasn't horrible, but like others have said it was not that good either.

There was a good movie in there, but it has so many issues.

I paid 6 bucks. I wouldn’t pay a cent more
so are you saying the limit is $6, lol wife gonna be gone for the week, wanted to check this out on tuesday. Ironically thats a $6 day for my theater on all formats. was just gonna pass and check out the El Royale movie instead

VENOM Chomps Down On Jaw-Dropping $80 Million Opening Weekend; Earns $205.2M Worldwide

While critics may not have taken a liking to Sony Pictures' latest Marvel superhero offering, Venom, the audience reception has unexpectedly been exceedingly positive, with the film receiving praise from theatergoers on several popular review aggregator sites, including IMDb (7.1/10), Fandango (4.5/5), Rotten Tomatoes (89%), Metacritic (6.3/10), Blu-ray.com (7.31/10), and CinemaScore (B+).

These reactions are already paying major dividends for the Ruben Fleisher-directed film at the domestic box office as it is now on its way to a record-breaking $80 million debut, shattering the initial $55 million to $65 million projections from last week. Venom now holds sole possession of the record for the largest October opening ever, topping Warner Bros.' Gravity ($55.7M), and is also the seventh-biggest opener of 2018, topping Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp ($75.8M).

Internationally, the Tom Hardy-starrer has devoured another $125.2 million, bringing its global cume to approximately $205.2 million, which is a pretty exceptional start for a film that reportedly carried a relatively modest $100 million to $116 million production budget. The film's Chinese release date has yet-to-be-announced, but considering that the China-based Tencent covered around a third of the production cost, expect the date to be announced in the not-so-distant future.

Spoilers I guess

Hardy's performance was surprisingly not good.

Dudes life literally goes to **** all in the span of a minute and a half. Went from job and fiance to nothing in literally that small of a timeframe

The only serviceable part of this film is when Venom appears. The first appearance when he bit that dudes head off was cool. And the banter between them was good as well

Third act was trash

At this point, I would be more interested in a prequel in which they shown the symbiotes on their planet and how that goes about

Movie isnt good. I wouldnt reccomend it. Theirs about 5 minutes worth of a good movie in here.

i don't think they will, they are getting good marketing/publicity with Spidey being in the MCU

i bet many went to see this movie thinking it's part of the MCU, they are getting a lot of good faith moviegoers because of the may or may not be involvement of Spidey

biggest question of the movie was whether Spidey is going to be in it or now

if Pascal wants to feel like a big girl, she might insert Holland in the sequel and tell Feige to deal with i and that'll just hype up the sequels even more and make more money

It definitely is and don’t be shocked if eventually Sony starts to play hardball with Disney to get Tom Holland to cross over into the universe
Lol you're probably right. But Sony won't win that fight. Sony needs Marvel a hell of a lot more than Marvel needs Spidey

Lol you're probably right. But Sony won't win that fight. Sony needs Marvel a hell of a lot more than Marvel needs Spidey
I mean spiderman sells regardless as we’ve seen with the amazing spiderman movies and now venom. It isn’t that Sony doesn’t need Disney, it’s that Sony thinks it doesn’t need Disney and so fAr they are proving themselves right. The current spiderman deal with Disney only extends for the next avengers and Far from Home. Who’s to say after that Sony doesn’t take their ball back and make spiderman vs venom vs carnage in 2021

Back
Top Bottom