SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Not totally surprised.

They're trying to make MiB a franchise, animated Spidey movie, hear they're bringing back more Underworld movies, etc. If they ever got someone who cared about the comic movies they'd be able to release 2 Spidey related flicks a year.

This is what I'm afraid of.

If Sony is going to do this they should at least do movies with heroes as the protagonist. Spiderman 2099, Silk, Ghost Spider. F this making villains into protagonists.

I don't care about Kraven, or Morbius, or Venom if they're not the villain of a Spider-Man movie. They are only meant to be the villain that Spider-Man fights.

My only hope is that Into the Spider Verse makes so much money that Sony just decides to focus on an animated universe.
You better give up those false hopes :lol: They're a film studio and given how little franchises they have they can dedicate time to developing in several areas. They can expand their animated film and still do live action.

I do agree though, they should a Spidey 2099 flick at least. There a guaranteed trilogy. I think even Sony is aware they don't flood the market with Spider-Man adjacent heroes. In a 4 year span it's be rough if they're doing Miles animated movies, 2099, and Gwen.

Hollywood(Sony, WB, Paramount, etc.) is going to do what they want to do...Period...
Basically.

Unless you got like 100 bill to cop Sony entertainment E everysingletime :nerd:

Last edited:
Idk, to me Spider adjacent heroes is just better than what's rumored. Venom. Kraven, Morbius, Silver Sable, Black Cat?

Idk, to me Spider adjacent heroes is just better than what's rumored. Venom. Kraven, Morbius, Silver Sable, Black Cat?
It's better than Morbius and Kraven.

Venom was a sure thing.

Silver Sable and Black Cat movies seems like they'll be very different than your typical superhero movie. Whether you're thinking heroes or villains.

Silver Sable don't got any powers. That'll basically be an international espionage light action movie just in that world.

Black Cat is a thief. So heist movie. Something of a cross from Ocean's and Mission Impossible lite.

disney could sabotage any sony sequel or spinoff
by releasing marvel films on or around sony spinoff release dates

with those minor characters wit no powers im sure you can take generic good film scripts
floating around Hollywood & just graft "Marvel skin" on em and produce em
as such.

disney could sabotage any sony sequel or spinoff
by releasing marvel films on or around sony spinoff release dates
At this point it doesn't matter when a superhero movie releases. That blockbuster reasonable out the window.

Only 3 marvel superhero flicks a year for now. Disney would have to go hard and also use other Disney movies.

Plus Sony could just pull the Spidey deal of they really did that.

Sony finally got a win with the Spiderman property. In a way i'm kinda glad they did. They can only go up from here.

with those minor characters wit no powers im sure you can take generic good film scripts
floating around Hollywood & just graft "Marvel skin" on em and produce em
as such.

That will only work for so long. Venom starting out your universe is not a good look.

It's not as simple as slapping 'marvel skin' on movies to make them sell. If it was Fox would have as successful a universe as the mcu

I thought it was good. Of course it's not disney marvel and wish it was rated r but I enjoyed it

Do_IXA_VsAApfuB.jpg

Do_Ie8zUYAMJmWQ.jpg

Venom was pretty dumb but I didn’t hate it :lol:
Writing was awful at times, trying to make Venom funny kind of bugged me too. They butchered a lot of the source material but I stayed entertained at the very least throughout.
Probably will not watch it ever again regardless.

I saw Venom friday night and really liked it. He's my second favorite Marvel character behind Wolverine and was the main reason I got heavy into Spider Man comics as a kid. Can't wait for the sequel with Carnage.

We’re witnessing the beginnings of the next transformers like franchise...Sony will make billions and that sickens me...

i think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves

the drop off from next week could be huge and the competition aren't some blockbuster franchise either, Goosebumps and Bad Times at El Royale can't be too much of a problem this week so if Venom loses then word of mouth was getting into future viewers and then next week is Halloween which could take lots of $$$ based on good word of mouth but it's still rated R but then again it is Halloween season so we'll see but either way starting at $80m and dropping 50%+ every week isn't going to be good for it's legs

we gon' have to wait and see how it does in China really

Don't care about what people say, I enjoyed Venom. As long as I'm entertained by the movie, it's good enough for me.

Nobody tryna convince yall who liked my not to. We all free to enjoy or not enjoy whatever we want. I myself enjoy movies like XMen 3 and SM3

Back
Top Bottom