SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
So is this making a billi or not? Havent been keeping up box office but I figure by now it should be clear which way this is going.

I caught ASM over the weekend and it kinda just reestablished how that was a perfect example of Sony just not knowing what the **** they're doing with Spider-Man. Just the choices were so poor. Dont know how they were surprised with the mixed results box office and audience satisfaction wise.

Last edited:
I caught ASM over the weekend and it kinda just reestablished how that was a perfect example of Sony just not knowing what the **** they're doing with Spider-Man. Just the choices were so poor. Dont know how they were surprised with the mixed results box office and audiemce satisfaction wise.

Sony only made The Amazing Spider-Man so they could keep the film rights.

I still haven't watched the second one.

Sony only made The Amazing Spider-Man so they could keep the film rights.

I still haven't watched the second one.
Would've been better off making Spider-Man 4 even if Raimi didnt want to do it.

From writing to directing, they had no clue what they wanted to do with Spider-Man. A lot of poor choices they had baked in to from origins to status quo elements that unnecessarily stuck around :smh:

Its hard to even call what Flash does in these movies picking on anyone or bullying. He's just annoying.

Right...which is one of my problems with his character/actor. That "bullying" wouldnt be tolerated in real life. He would get his *** kicked. Plus, is anyone really buying that this iteration of Flash would be a soldier in the military that turned into Agent Venom? Hell no. Not this chump Flash.

That's what Flash is in the early comics :lol:

And admire spiderman

That is NOT was Flash was in the early comics. He was an actual bully in the comics. A bully jock. Not this nerdy version who would probably lose in a fight to Ned.

Right...which is one of my problems with his character/actor. That "bullying" wouldnt be tolerated in real life. He would get his *** kicked. Plus, is anyone really buying that this iteration of Flash would be a soldier in the military that turned into Agent Venom? Hell no. Not this chump Flash.
Well I dont know about get his *** kicked. Peter seems to go to a public HS in the soft part of Queens.

I havent seen any black or latino guys there that would fit the bill. Not the basketball or football team either.

And no :lol: they are obviously not going down the path of Flash joining the army and becoming handicap. That was a big change in the comics anyway cuz last I remember Flash was an alcoholic loser failure that basically faded out of stories.

If you expected Flash to be Agent Venom, that's on you :lol:

He's doing exactly what Flash did in the early comics except trying to fight Peter. Flash was more of a **** talker than anything. They only fought once in the early comics. We seen that depiction twice on screen already.

If you expected Flash to be Agent Venom, that's on you :lol:

He's doing exactly what Flash did in the early comics except trying to fight Peter. Flash was more of a **** talker than anything. They only fought once in the early comics. We seen that depiction twice on screen already.

I'm not expecting that. Not my point. My point was that he is NOT portraying the Flash we knew from the comics.

And I think you are missing that point. While Flash didnt attack Peter much in the comics, there was the threat of that constantly. Flash was a bully. While you are correct that he was more of a **** talker than anything, you at least had the idea that the **** talking could turn into something else. With this Flash, all I can think of is how his **** talking could turn into literally anyone kicking his ***....which is opposite from how the Flash in the comics was portrayed...like an actual bully, not a dork who runs his mouth.

I think we all have to accept the majority of Peter's supporting cast doesn't portray what we know from the comics.

If it isnt stolen from Miles Morales comics, it's basically doing its own thing. It's not even that similar to Ultimate Spidey in the HS setting. Basically w/e Watts modern take of teenagers is.

watched homecoming again last night i think it’s better than FFH and by a pretty decent margin

gotta rewatch FFH but i did enjoy it

homecoming just did things better for me. like everything with the suit

D78B84ED-0EDE-4A7B-9DCA-BB0AFCBC0752.jpeg

:pimp:

Saw it today. Really enjoyed it.

That first illusion battle was something else. Can't believe they went as far as they did at one point but it was great.

Caught FFH today.

Really enjoyed it.

Coming off the feels trip that was Endgame I ain eem mad at Peter for trying to take a break from being Spider-man and trying to procure the MJ yambs.

Jake did his thing as Mysterio.

The visuals from that illusion fight were :wow::pimp:

The callbacks to Tony throughout the film. :frown:

The one where Peter was making his new suit on the plane especially.

Happy was like
mjcry1.png

I read the spoilers but, those post credits scene
ooh.png

Scumbag JJJ. :lol::smh:

So how long was Skrull Fury in place? Right after Endgame?

Looking forward to seeing where they go with Spider-Man going forward.

The first part of the film dragged for me and I thought Mysterio's speech was a little too much.

But everything from the 1st illusion on...WOW. I was trying to catch everything in the illusion, but I simply couldn't. That was some amazing stufff.

Also thought it was crazy how Mysterio had an entire squad that made up of Mysterio. Crazy stuff.

I wish that the Multi-Verse was legit and he did come from another Earth. But it's okay.

I'm surprised it took a whole week before someone on here asked how long Fury's been a skrull.

That's a really good question.

*edit

Now that I think about it. Not very long. Only since the end of Endgame.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom