SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Elf, scrooged, Christmas vacation, home alone, die hard and love actually > a Christmas story

This was excellent, action and CGI top notch. Mysterio was dope as hell, even the turn that you know was coming was still ill.

EDITH used as only a means to get drones was kinda stupid. I thought is would be dropping bombs and death lasers of something

Too soon I'm still not over it.

All I could do is remember listening to bomani and legit pulling a zo and taking swings of my drink.. at least the Seahawks L was a quick but punch.. but y’all just had me watching like
8FC2C85F-9FB9-4F09-B96D-E5B946052095.gif

That's what Flash is in the early comics :lol:

And admire spiderman
Flash was an actual bully though.

Also he was friends with the group Peter tried to be friends with and he'd roast Peter and make him more of an outcast than he made himself.

Not to mention all the times Flash would rough up Peter and Peter was forced to hold back.

Last edited:
Jon Watts begins the camera on Homecoming vs Far From Home is damn near night and day. He was really holding back with Homecoming and I appreciate that. It made everything he did in terms of action and narrative in this movie feel that much more grand. People couldn’t understand the slow burn but we’ll be another 3 films deep into Tom Holland MCU Spidey and people will be able to look back at Homecoming and Far From Home so much more fond because it built Peter Parker up to where he’s going

I don't get the complaints about the first part dragging or being slow.

I feel like I blinked and they were overseas. I would've preferred they kept in that I'm doing your job to the cops scene and the sell ya SW merch.

If anything felt uneventful, thats on the supporting cast. Movie started strong imo establishing tone.

Last edited:
Jon Watts begins the camera on Homecoming vs Far From Home is damn near night and day. He was really holding back with Homecoming and I appreciate that. It made everything he did in terms of action and narrative in this movie feel that much more grand. People couldn’t understand the slow burn but we’ll be another 3 films deep into Tom Holland MCU Spidey and people will be able to look back at Homecoming and Far From Home so much more fond because it built Peter Parker up to where he’s going

I still feel like this one was building towards something and spidey still being a young guy growing

Need to rewatch to see how I feel.. but unlike homecoming where I was content with that and seeing spidey contained and legit being a high school kid, with this I’m more excited about what’s going come

I understand the complaints of the first act but it makes the 2nd and 3rd acts so much stronger that it felt intentional what they did with the first act. I think there should’ve been just a little more expose on Peter reluctant to be Spider-Man during his trip because of what just happened to him with IW and EG. More scenes like him not feeling the reporters questions and getting some air on top the building only to see the Iron Man mural. Those little things fleshed out more would’ve added to the scenes of Peter getting chewed out by “Fury” and him feeling some type of way and the scene of him on the Stark Jet having a mild break down with Happy.

Early rumblings ahead of Comic-Con are corroborating that Sony and Marvel either want to or have drawn up a contract for Tom Holland for 2 more Spider-Man trilogies after this third up coming Spider-Man film in addition to appearances in cross over event films and other MCU films. A HS Spider-Man trilogy, a college and a young adult trilogy. Tom Holland will be Spider-Man for another 15 years easily.

my only gripe was the sprinter bus scene....the whole drone strike, cant turn it off, jumping through the ceiling to save the entire bus just-in-the-nick-of-time-so-nobody-notices act was waaaaay too much

probably sounded better on paper. but the movie was good so I let that scene slide, that was some super teeny bopper power rangers **** though.

I thought the pacing was fine. Honestly the only part that was bad was after Beck got the glasses and had that corny speech with his team. That was lazy writing.

I liked how Disney channel that hop out the ceiling to destroy the drone Peter did was :lol: the whole Brad sub plot kept the film fun and teen angsty. Beck’s speech after getting the glasses I thought was brilliant. He became such a generic mustache twisting villain after putting up such a front the whole film. Son was touching his wedding ring and **** :rofl: selling that **** hard. Salty *** sold Peter all the way out in the end.

The way Spider-Man is building his rogues gallery :nthat:

Watching ASM on TNT and I remember being very impressed with how Spidey moved in those movies but it definitely has a weird arachnid feeling to it. Reminds me of General Grievous when he’s moving around:lol:

The way Tom Holland moves in these movies is absolutely perfect though. They really nailed the physics of how a guy with Spider powers would move.

Looking back I wish he was in the costume more and was able to project without his click.

Still like it, but would of been dope to see him throw it down with Spidey.

Back
Top Bottom