SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
My bad but the joke would works better if you weren't defending ASM and bashing Raimi the whole day. :lol:

Whoa now, I never defended ASM, just Garfield. The movie was subpar, Andrew and Emma saved it.

Maybe dude didn't know the thread existed or he just didn't feel like rushing to post on NT after he saw it? :lol:

So damn protective of a film that you haven't even seen yet, yeesh. :rofl:

Nah, didn't feel like losing my job. Wasn't allowed to say a word on socials prior to a press screening they had a week or two ago when the initial reviews started being released.

Raimi OG Spidey>> ASM.

Toby really looked the part. Just wished he was a bit more of wisecracker in costume.

And JK Simmons was cast PERFECTLY as j Jonah. Had the look to a T and exactly how I would imagine him speaking.

I dunno, JK Simmons was amazing as Jonah.

"You're wife's on the line, she lost her checkbook..."

"Thanks for the good news"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't like garfield in this role for some reason. I'd like to see Tobey's Peter Parker beat up his Peter Parker.

I dunno, JK Simmons was amazing as Jonah.

"You're wife's on the line, she lost her checkbook..."

"Thanks for the good news"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JK was great, second favorite character out of the trilogy besides Tobey but they just made him a goofball that was used for comedic relief. He's actually responsible for the creation of a few Spiderman's villains, so I'd like for them to have him funny, but also play somewhat of an important role.

Last edited:
Nah, if people feel Tobey is a better version then nothing wrong with that. Just like you preferring Garfield, it's not about letting go.

Same thing will happen to RDJ once he hangs it up, whoever has to take the mantle got to be amazing or else it'll be a huge failure.

:rofl: @ thinking people just has an attachment to Tobey because they feel Garfield doesn't fit the bill.

Last edited:
I wish Sony would bring back JK Simmons to reprise the role of J. Jonah. He could end up being what Judi Dench is to the bond series

Nah, didn't feel like losing my job. Wasn't allowed to say a word on socials prior to a press screening they had a week or two ago when the initial reviews started being released.

When you said the film had too many storylines, what exactly do you mean? Like it doesn't have a central plot or is there a lot going on?

Last edited:
Peter was a stereotypical nerd before he got his powers for sure, it wasn't until after that he become more confident and overall stood up for himself. Garfields version was already on that level just w/o powers. I'd say he was considered more of an outcast when he got his powers and less of a nerd.

And yeah, nerds and geeks are somewhat cool but in a different sense and a different setting. I'd imagine nerds still gets picked on in school like Peter would while as an adult, you get more respect but still looked at as weird and unusual.

Idk, we may be coming from different source materials. From the start, Peter was a dude that just had bad luck. Yeah he was smart, into his studies, but I just never pictured him as the nerd we typically think of. He seemed to have the same personality before and after his powers IMO.
Nah read the first 10 issues of ASM. He's a nerd. Several times he's put in the light by the girl he likes and guys that'd he rather read a book, study, do something related to science than have fun (when some times he's helping Aunt May or being Spidey). He's equally a guy with bad luck though.

He was definitely a different person as Spidey though. Way more out going and expressive. He pulled **** he'd never do with the mask off.

Nah read the first 10 issues of ASM. He's a nerd. Several times he's put in the light by the girl he likes and guys that'd he rather read a book, study, do something related to science than have fun (when some times he's helping Aunt May or being Spidey). He's equally a guy with bad luck though.

He was definitely a different person as Spidey though. Way more out going and expressive. He pulled **** he'd never do with the mask off.
I have a bunch of his early comics and there's nothing of the sort that says he'd rather read a book, study, or do something related to science than have fun. He balances them both. The first ten issues, he's pretty much  trying to raise money to help Aunt May with finances. I guess I just always had the feeling that he was more misunderstood, and people just thought of him as a nerd. He's not shy, akward or anything, just misunderstood. At least that how I interpreted him.

Last edited:

I have a bunch of his early comics and there's nothing of the sort that says he'd rather read a book, study, or do something related to science than have fun. He balances them both. The first ten issues, he's pretty much  trying to raise money to help Aunt May with finances. I guess I just always had the feeling that he was more misunderstood, and people just thought of him as a nerd. He's not shy, akward or anything, just misunderstood. At least that how I interpreted him.
Nah I specifically remember it, Flash Thompson says it. The issue with the Living Brain. Then there was the issue Liz Allen thought Peter was gonna ask her out or to a dance and he didn't. There's a couple more moments where Flash and his crew with Liz present joke on Parker for being a coward or being a bookworm, saying stuff like he'd rather study than go out (which must have precedence given his social status cuz the first issue isn't his first day of HS). I just re-read the first 30 issues of ASM like a month ago. Before he got his powers he actually was that, smartest in class, always studying, etc.

I don't know why you're disputing this so much. This is something that's been re-established in Spidey's 50+ year history. Writers keep hammering home that Peter is a nerd and most especially is viewed as a nerd by the shallow popular crowd. Don't get me wrong he's not shy in the anti-social sense but he was shy around girls, he's not awkward and yes he's definitely misunderstood and becomes that more so as things go on but he leans more to nerd than any other variation type of a genius. I'd say he fit the label of nerd in the 1960s not so much what we may think of one today or the past 15 years or so.

Man. They could of set up the Lizard perfect for part 3. Have whoever the actor was at the time testing the lizard syrum and have his arm growing and eyes changing color.

And another final scene having the symbiote land from space.

:wow:

Last edited:
rfx45 rfx45
what this original sin storyline bout to release in the comics
can u keep me informed in the marvel thread
since i dont wanna buy the comic

:lol:

The original sin stuff for Spidey? Comes out next month. Think it's gonna be somebody else was bitten by the radioactive spider and all this time had spider powers.

From critics and reviews from people who saw it early, it seems like this film will get mixed reviews.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems like people are either going love it or hate it.

A review on CBM called it the Batman & Robin of the SM franchise. :x

I just read that, but I can't agree with that at all. I can't see this being worse than SM3. I think as far as plot goes, that part of the film may struggle, but the B&R of spiderman films? I can't believe that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom