SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Tobey was the worst choice for spiderman ever. Dude sucked. ASM >>>> RAMI snorefest
TDK, Cap 2 and V for Vendetta are the only CBMs that hit on everything SM2 nailed. And I getnot liking Tobey...I couldn't stand dude's face cuz of Cider House Rules, and expected not a damn thing good when I saw he was Peter Parker. And then on top of that, ol snaggletooth Kirsten Dunst. The only hype I had was cuz Sam Raimi was my dude for Evil Dead. But it all worked.

Spider-Man 2 did everything. That movie was everything when it came out. Every part of that movie felt like a moment, and all of it mattered, and it set the new standard.

But it's actually real easy to defend it. There's been like 50+ CBMs. Name 5 better than SM2.

And let's just scratch Nolan's Batman and Avengers off the list, cuz if that's where you gotta go, than nuff said.

Last edited:
The ending fight with goblin and Spider-Man in sm1 was the goat fight. The brutal ness of those punches were crazy

The first fight in spiderman 3 with Harry and Peter in mid air with Aunt May's ring is better than the spiderman 2 train scene. Let's stop hyping up spiderman 2 guys :rolleyes

To be fair, sm3 was solid up until about half way, then it seemed they tried to intentionally make it bad and succeeded

Sorry but this had it all, mid air fight, Spiderman not relying on tricks to get over on his opponent and the camera angles were 100% on point.

The train scene in SM2 more than holds it's own even today. The extended cut makes it even better.

The movie def has it's cringe moments in comparison to what has been released after, but the story and execution haven't been matched by many CBMs.

I will admit that the train scene with Ock is still classic even in this post-avengers world we live in but I'm not backing down

Lizard Midtown High Fight >

The goblin fight was dope. Could of been a bit better with more Spidey moments, but what other Comic movies do you see The Hero getting beat nasty. A bomb thrown to him and his face looking like a blood orange.

Also doc Ock fight :pimp:

Extended version was nice.

:lol:

The original sin stuff for Spidey? Comes out next month. Think it's gonna be somebody else was bitten by the radioactive spider and all this time had spider powers.
naw the original sin gonna be about the watcher
somebody murders him
steals his eyes
now knows EVERYBODYS dark secrets

Sorry but this had it all, mid air fight, Spiderman not relying on tricks to get over on his opponent and the camera angles were 100% on point.

That's what spiderman does. He finds smart ways to defeat villains.

I'm aware, its one of the things I love about Spider-Man, but in terms of what makes a good movie fight, violence >wits.

Last edited:
Well the wrestling match has Flintstones sound effects when BONNNNNE SAWWW and Peter are fighting.

On top of that it was completely unrealistic. Macho Man would've squashed Spiderman, end movie, roll credits. :rofl:

So I just watched Spiderman 3 for the first time in years.

Yeah, still sucks.

Did Raimi ever do an interview and explain what the hell he was thinking? What was this excuse for this?

Only good part, James Franco was great in this one. Really, really good work by him.

So I just watched Spiderman 3 for the first time in years.

Yeah, still sucks.

Did Raimi ever do an interview and explain what the hell he was thinking? What was this excuse for this?

Only good part, James Franco was great in this one. Really, really good work by him.
I think it was in defiance of the studio since they were meddling

I'm sure people know more specifics, but at the time I thought it was the studio insisting on throwing in Venom and being too involved in the process. I think everyone only had signed on for 3 movies, so out of fear that they wouldn't have this cast and crew back together, they wanted to fit in Venom, the symbiote, etc. and that caused things to get too messy.

Back
Top Bottom