SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
See...Raimi was my dude even before Spider-man. I remember reading Bruce Campbell's autobio If Chins Could Kill, and it was half a Raimi biography, since they grew up together. Just his style and all that. He was like a nice guy Tarantino.

But still...I never really understood all the people jumping to say SM3 only sucked cuz Sony forced Raimi to put Venom in. The parts unrelated to Venom were off and dead and bad too. Sandman was the corniest and lamest villain of any of the movies. And almost all the humor and moments from beginning to end weren't good. (I'll give you Franco) Dunst gave her worst, most annoying performance in that movie.

And THEN Venom.

It felt like someone else directed it and just tried to fake Raimi's style. I get that Sony interfered, but all 3 of them were $100M+ movies. They've been interfering since day 1. And just look at what the movie outside of SM3 woulda been. It wouldn't have been that bad, but I'm pretty sure it would've been the worst of the 3 movies either way.

Last edited:
See...Raimi was my dude even before Spider-man. I remember reading Bruce Campbell's autobio If Chins Could Kill, and it was half a Raimi biography, since they grew up together. Just his style and all that. He was like a nice guy Tarantino.

But still...I never really understood all the people jumping to say SM3 only sucked cuz Sony forced Raimi to put Venom in. The parts unrelated to Venom were off and dead and bad too. Sandman was the corniest and lamest villain of any of the movies. And almost all the humor and moments from beginning to end weren't good. (I'll give you Franco) Dunst gave her worst, most annoying performance in that movie.

And THEN Venom.

It felt like someone else directed it and just tried to fake Raimi's style. I get that Sony interfered, but all 3 of them were $100M+ movies. They've been interfering since day 1. And just look at what the movie outside of SM3 woulda been. It wouldn't have been that bad, but I'm pretty sure it would've been the worst of the 3 movies either way.
Well marvel interfered and we got im2 right

Well marvel interfered and we got im2 right

That's different.

It seemed like they gave Raimi all the time and tools he needed, but just said put in Venom, cuz everyone's contracts were up, and they felt like they needed options, in case Tobey goes full RDJ and asks for Dr. Evil money.

But with IM2...imagine if Warners told Nolan after Batman Begins was a hit...hol up...we need a movie before you do Joker, setting up Flash and Wonder Woman, but don't change Bruce or any of the main characters at all, cuz we got Justice League after, and THEN maybe you can do Joker, after we do what we want with Bruce.

Oh, and even though you're starting from scratch, you have like a year to hand in the movie. Even though the first time around, you had like 3 years.

You think TDK is coming outta that? Cuz that's what happened with IM2. And that ain't what happened with SM3.

IM2 turned out the way it did, cuz Marvel was too shook to just make a Black Widow movie, setting up her, Hawkeye and SHIELD.

Last edited:
I think another reason SM3 sucked was because making three good movies in a row is pretty hard :lol:

I mean, it's a simple explanation, but sometimes the simplest answer is the right one. SM1 was a good origins film and a really solid movie.. SM2 was arguably the best comic book movie until Nolan stepped in and showed us his Batman. Spiderman 3 would still have been weaker even without the Venom stuff, like MrO said, but it just seemed like everything/everyone was just going through the motions.

Even Nolan's Batman trilogy felt the 3rd movie pressure and "struggles". X3 I blame mostly on Ratner.. because Ratner is awful.. but still :lol:

SM3 sucked because of topher. I love him on That 70's show but he's one of those actors that cant act outside of one personality...he was terrible in SM3. Horrible casting choice for such a major role

So much of the film, Raimi kept leaning towards Grease-Chicago with all the singing and dancing. I just couldn't picture filming those scenes, and everyone thinkin it would work out. :lol:

As for SM2 and that train fight c'mon if you're trying to say something was better than that especially something from ASM :lol:
:lol:

The original sin stuff for Spidey? Comes out next month. Think it's gonna be somebody else was bitten by the radioactive spider and all this time had spider powers.
naw the original sin gonna be about the watcher
somebody murders him
steals his eyes
now knows EVERYBODYS dark secrets
I know that. What you just said is the main story. Everybody has an "original sin"/dark secret though. The one for Spidey is that somebody else got bit by the spider among other stuff. There's one for Cap in Avengers, Dr. Doom, F4, etc.

71% isn't that bad on RT and it's only released overseas right? :nerd:

**** it, movie reviews were bashing ASM and I thought that movie was great!

71% isn't that bad on RT and it's only released overseas right?
nerd.gif

**** it, movie reviews were bashing ASM and I thought that movie was great!

Once it hits the U.S, it'll go down more.

Advising everyone not to check the wiki page for this. Plot is in full detail with MAJOR spoilers.

Spiderman 1 is on and I'm finding myself still enjoying it after all these years. Would've love for J.Law to play Mary Jane in Amazing Spiderman movie series. I wonder if Shailene Woodley will still play her

Woodley said she wasn't going to do MJ anymore, I read that iirc.

Also saw ASM1 on Starz again last time and it felt a bit extra corny and he was kind of a bully to Flash in the basketball scene. Didn't like it, didn't feel and look right.

Also, when they do people who obviously can't dunk allof a sudden dunk and dudes whole body was the same height as the rim, why do it like that? WHy can't they just make dude jam like Shawn Kemp or Dominique WIlkins with the elevation and powerful jam? Make it a bit more believable at least, it'll still look spectacular and won't look ******ed.

Yeah I don't know why they didn't make Peter do the MJ double pump or Vince arm dip, couldn't made for a way more epic scene :lol:

As far as Woodley not returning I'm not mad at it. They have a new chance to put some real eye candy in that spot. Emma stone is a tough act to follow...she's :evil:

Back
Top Bottom