SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I love the movie (500 DoS) but dude talks like Webb has a deep film background.

ASM was his first big budget film (second film total) and there was absolutely no way he would be sure he'd get more character justice from Webb just based off of that one film.

That is like saying "I knew Nolan would make Batman more realistic and make a billion with it's sequel" when his only film recognition before BB was Memento.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I think ASM1 would've been better if he had a little more experience.

I mean my post wasn't even about the quality of the film but by the fact that his statement that he knew that Webb would be better than Raimi based on one film? Just very hard to believe. Webb could have gone Singers way of making Spidey like beast, Hulking out to his powers and he'd be chastising Webb right now. :lol:

:lol: Low key I still don't even know who Webb is to be honest. Now that it's brought to my attention it's pretty crazy SONY even offered him Spider-Man.

I love 500 DOS but c'mon. That aint make me think that guy needs to be directing Spidey flicks.

He still really doesn't have a voice or signature style for me to praise him like that. He has one really good and one okay/good movie in his pocket but both were sort of polarizing given the genre with 500 having more range and flexibility.

Wow man, great film. I have 0 complaints. I let the critics opinions destroy my expectations for this film, and I shouldn't have. This, to me is what SM2 is to other folks. 4.5 / 5 for me.

I keep forgetting about these individual threads. This movie is gonna be sick.

Those 1 minute clips get posted here yet?

EDIT: meh not looking...

They put such heart into this flick. Can't wait to see it.

This looks like a straight up Marvel Studios quality flick.

Also I think it's cool that they have em both well dressed. :smokin

Last edited:
After seeing that Spidey 2 clip, looks like I am overdue for a rewatch. From what I remember that was a Marvel Studios quality movie as well.

Wow man, great film. I have 0 complaints. I let the critics opinions destroy my expectations for this film, and I shouldn't have. This, to me is what SM2 is to other folks. 4.5 / 5 for me.

Does Gwen die? Answer in a spoiler of course but it looks to me like she dies.

After seeing that Spidey 2 clip, looks like I am overdue for a rewatch. From what I remember that was a Marvel Studios quality movie as well.
Does Gwen die? Answer in a spoiler of course but it looks to me like she dies.

Check out wiki

Last edited:
Are you not in the US tay1?

I saw it on bootleg brethren. Please refrain from judging me as I have done the same with The Winter Soldier also. I saw a stream of it first, and then saw it in theaters theaters.

Last edited:
Are you not in the US tay1?

I saw it on bootleg brethren. Please refrain from judging me as I have done the same with The Winter Soldier also. I saw a stream of it first, and then saw it in theaters theaters.
I wasn't gonna judge you. I just know it's already out overseas and I haven't come across the bootleg online :nerd: so I was wondering if you were like in England or something :lol:

I wasn't gonna judge you. I just know it's already out overseas and I haven't come across the bootleg online :nerd: so I was wondering if you were like in England or something :lol:

Oh it's online, it's there :D & nah, I'm a Cali boy.

The reviews I'm hearing now from people who saw it are nitpicky like I don't know what.

The reviews I'm hearing now from people who saw it are nitpicky like I don't know what.

Exactly. Most of the people who have reviewed it and said they didn't like it dance around the issues they claim they don't like. And go out their way to say how great the acting is from Garfield and Stone :rolleyes

Exactly. Most of the people who have reviewed it and said they didn't like it dance around the issues they claim they don't like. And go out their way to say how great the acting is from Garfield and Stone
eyes.gif

Yeah. I actually don't mind if people don't like it, it's just that the reasons I'm hearing aren't good reasons to dislike this film. I literally saw one person list a reason they didn't like it because Flash isnt in the film. If you have valid reasons for not liking it, fine, but the majority of what I'm reading so far is bogus.

Last edited:
Exactly. Most of the people who have reviewed it and said they didn't like it dance around the issues they claim they don't like. And go out their way to say how great the acting is from Garfield and Stone
eyes.gif

Yeah. I actually don't mind if people don't like it, it's just that the reasons I'm hearing aren't good reasons to dislike this film. I literally saw one person list a reason they didn't like it because Flash isnt in the film. If you have valid reasons for not liking it, fine, but the majority of what I'm reading so far is bogus.

That's how all the Man of Steel naysayers sounded. Things like "why does Clark wear glasses as a disguise" And not enough Daily Planet, **** like that. :lol: :smh:

That's how all the Man of Steel naysayers sounded. Things like "why does Clark wear glasses as a disguise" And not enough Daily Planet, **** like that.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Yup. This is Man Of Steel all over again. It really is. 

If it is I guess I won't care for it much other than the action fighting scene. A spider flick is suppose to be good for many reasons that apply directly to the character. If it isn't then it's just something else with Spider-Man in it. That's not the same for Superman for a list of reasons. I can say if ASM2 is like the first one I can understand the polarizing opinions on it.

At this point in the game no reason to accept bull ****

Yup. This is Man Of Steel all over again. It really is. 

There were some valid reasons to not like MoS tho. Even though I liked it, I could see why a lot of people don't. But yah. All that ******** about not enough Daily Planet and changing his weak *** backstory, letting him kill instead of making him a boyscout. Miss me with that noise.

Last edited:
If it is I guess I won't care for it much other than the action fighting scene. A spider flick is suppose to be good for many reasons that apply directly to the character. If it isn't then it's just something else with Spider-Man in it. That's not the same for Superman for a list of reasons. I can say if ASM2 is like the first one I can understand the polarizing opinions on it.

At this point in the game no reason to accept bull ****
I'm just talking about overall consensus when comparing it to Man of Steel. When people were reviewing that movie, it was a lot of BS reasons for people not liking it. I'm not necessarily comparing the two characters or films. And it's not like the first one. There are valid reasons to not like this film, however there aren't that many IMO, but the majority of I'm reading is just nitpicky.

This is all just IMO. People here may have the same opinions as the critics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom