SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I enjoyed the movie. Huge improvement over ASM1, solid effort by Sony but not touching anything from Marvel Studios not named IM2, IM3.

Felt like they did a good job of capturing Peter's vulnerabilities and his relationship w/ Gwen. I don't think it was Jamie's fault but Electro was boring, I find it the same way in the comics. Also, Dane Dehaan was great solely as Harry but they rushed his transformation.

Still can't over this movie. Just wow. I think a lot of people are over looking some of the small things that made this movie *wait for it* Amazing. The scenery was so beautiful. The fact that they kept showing the George Washington bridge (a little foreshadowing to Gwen's death) but my favorite has to be at the exact moment when Harry shows up with the glider right after spiderman and Gwen beat electro. That whole scene was just :wow: the laugh that Harry was doing, the weird fog, the way you could see the look of disgust on Spider-man's face when he first sees Harry even though he's wearing a mask. The green flames shooting out his glider, the fact that Gwen had on the same exact outfit from the legendary issues that are Amazing Spiderman 121 and 122. The fact that they kept showing the clock on the clock tower to shoe that time is running out on Peter for him to save Gwen. The silence when she falls. The web coming out in slow-mo and resembling a hand. :smh:

This movie is so beautiful man :wow:

Reading more of y'all reviews I gotta say you should realize at some point the movie wasn't good enough to get such an in depth analysis. It's why my review was favorable. I aint really want to get in to Electro the villain being a letdown or the forgettable fight with GG. I will say the Gwen and Peter scenes didn't bother me as much. I dunno though while watching a movie it's a point you see what it is and where it's going and it's just not worth it.

Still can't over this movie. Just wow. I think a lot of people are over looking some of the small things that made this movie *wait for it* Amazing. The scenery was so beautiful. The fact that they kept showing the George Washington bridge (a little foreshadowing to Gwen's death) but my favorite has to be at the exact moment when Harry shows up with the glider right after spiderman and Gwen beat electro. That whole scene was just :wow: the laugh that Harry was doing, the weird fog, the way you could see the look of disgust on Spider-man's face when he first sees Harry even though he's wearing a mask. The green flames shooting out his glider, the fact that Gwen had on the same exact outfit from the legendary issues that are Amazing Spiderman 121 and 122. The fact that they kept showing the clock on the clock tower to shoe that time is running out on Peter for him to save Gwen. The silence when she falls. The web coming out in slow-mo and resembling a hand. :smh:

This movie is so beautiful man :wow:
The ****? There was no look of disgust :lol:

A lot of the stuff you're mentioning that you love just really have to do with call backs to the comics. The other stuff isn't being overlooked I think, ppl just aren't in love with it like you are.

Last edited:
Was the time on the clock tower 121 or something like it because I heard in a podcast that it was but I didn't catch it.

Last edited:
Reading more of y'all reviews I gotta say you should realize at some point the movie wasn't good enough to get such an in depth analysis. It's why my review was favorable. I aint really want to get in to Electro the villain being a letdown or the forgettable fight with GG. I will say the Gwen and Peter scenes didn't bother me as much. I dunno though while watching a movie it's a point you see what it is and where it's going and it's just not worth it.

A lot of the stuff you're mentioning that you love just really have to do with call backs to the comics. The other stuff isn't being overlooked I think, ppl just aren't in love with it like you are.

When Harry first shows as the green goblin and comes to the power plant and spiderman tilts his neck back like "WTF" and he asks Harry what has he done??? So ill! Harry slobbing while he's talking, so much dope stuff.

I do really love this film because it's so rooted in its comic book origins but eh I guess you can't please everyone. Y'all gonna be the same dudes when DoFP comes out talking about "that's not how it was in the comics" >D

When Harry first shows as the green goblin and comes to the power plant and spiderman tilts his neck back like "WTF" and he asks Harry what has he done??? So ill! Harry slobbing while he's talking, so much dope stuff.

I do really love this film because it's so rooted in its comic book origins but eh I guess you can't please everyone. Y'all gonna be the same dudes when DoFP comes out talking about "that's not how it was in the comics" >D

Not really dude. I liked the movie but I can agree with somethings that people are complaining about. You enjoyed the movie more than most. Not everyone is going to have the same level of enjoyment.

Anyone think Gwen's speech was really heavy handed with the foreshadowing of her death? I damn near laugh as she read it

Last edited:

I didn't really see any look, he was surprised but that's about it.

I mean the movie has origins rooted in the comics but imo the liberties they've taken were flimsy imo.

Harry's already apparently on tilt crazy, his heel turn really had no development. Went from long time no see Peter lets catch up to I need Spidey's blood Peter go tell him!!! **** you Spidey you're a fraud *** hero for not saving me, oh what's this I'm being framed? Time to parlay with a crazy powered dude to get Spidey's blood. Oh what's this Pete my friend is Spidey?!! Kill Gwen. Just ugh :x to all that. Mind you all of that is on top of killing Norman at the start with nothing for the real mastermind of the comics. GG's showing in this movie was very lame and didn't stay true to the comics if you want to look at it from that point.

To me they just got the Gwen and Peter relationship really right. Electro too but re-realizing that while watching made me see that Spidey shouldn't stand a chance fighting him but comics so he wins. That's why Electro went from interesting to jobbing to Spidey with weak reasoning on how to neutralize him. Just stopped being a compelling villain but that does match the comics so there's that. Max Dillion is a ******* lame who should be bigger than he is but he's one of those dumb guys with powers wasted on him.

But like I said once you see how this is going I opted not to dwell cuz it simply didn't warrant that once you can catch on to the level of quality. Everything was straightforward.

Last edited:
As far as the whole goblin thing I'm pretty sure Chris Cooper will be back as Norman Osborne. Supposedly there's some missing footage of the Gentlemen talking to Norman's dismembered head but Chris Cooper is a great actor and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't cast him just for a cameo scene for Norman Osborne. We got the Norman Osborne that turns into Green Goblin in the first Raimi spiderman so if they would've went that route again there would've been moans and complaints about how Raimi did it already and that their shouldn't be a reboot so soon :rolleyes

Enter Dane DeHaan's Harry Osborne. I'll admit that when first hearing about his casting I didn't think he fit the look of a "Harry Osborne" but of course his acting was great. I have a hard time accepting that people love TDK Joker that doesn't have a backstory or a reason why he's bad he just "wants to watch the world burn" but a spoiled brat who finds out that not only is he dying but he's gonna be turning into some green deformed person wouldn't turn some type of crazy. I mean he does live in a world with lizard scientist and spider guys >D but I digress.

DeHaan is perfect at playing slightly off characters and even though I liked his acting in chronicle better he did sell his Harry Osborne to me. Especially the scene at the conference table.

Chris Cooper is coming back 100%. And you never know, Harry just may have been the Hobgoblin. It's not as if he was named in this film.

the joke about jamie foxxxs hair in the trailer for the movie Annie was HILARIOUS

tasm2 aint touchin Cap 2.

all the action was in the trailers. ima stop watchin trailers for movies now.

the spiderweb "hand" scene :frown:
peter standing thru the seasons :frown:
so sad man, cuz i know how that feels

Thought I was the only one who noticed the web hand, that right there was so subtle and powerful, had to be my favorite part of the movie, like I dead serious felt like the web took on a life of it's own and felt legit pain, that was extremely well done.

Thought I was the only one who noticed the web hand, that right there was so subtle and powerful, had to be my favorite part of the movie, like I dead serious felt like the web took on a life of it's own and felt legit pain, that was extremely well done.

:wow: insanely beautiful scene. Especially in 3D. My feels man :smh:

All Peter had to do was leave that broad alone :frown: :smh:

I have my mixed feelings about the movie just like everyone else, but I think something we can agree on, Visually his movie was on that avatar level if not more stunning, if you wanted to watch a comic book brought to life, this is the closest we've ever gotten to it, don't kid ya selves.

I have my mixed feelings about the movie just like everyone else, but I think something we can agree on, Visually his movie was on that avatar level if not more stunning, if you wanted to watch a comic book brought to life, this is the closest we've ever gotten to it, don't kid ya selves.

This! I mean the reviews I've been reading have been ridiculous, all the while people are overlooking the fact that this movie looked like it came from a 5 year olds imagination. So many vivid colors. Spider-Man's suit is just :wow:

This movie definitely displayed some of the best acting from a super hero movie IMO

So many great moments. From Peter and Gwen trying to establish friends with benefits ground rules, to Aunt May's heart tugging "You're my boy!" scene and of course my favorite one when Harry And Electro go back into Oscorp and Harry is talking the big talk with electro as his body guard, whistling the jeopardy theme and granting bonus lives :lol:

Just beautiful man. I'm gonna see this movie at least 2 more times in theatres. Have yet to see it in IMAX but I've seen it in 3D and regular format.

Last edited:
Spider-mans suit is/was amazing.

The close ups of the suit are great.

I'm just still salty over rhino.

They messed him up on a mandarin level.

Spider-mans suit is/was amazing.

The close ups of the suit are great.

I'm just still salty over rhino.

They messed him up on a mandarin level.

I don't think so bro, the purpose of Rhino was none other than to forshadow the Sin 6 movie, he's not over yet and I'm assuming Sin 6 will pick up where this left off, I really do wish they would have at least intro MJ, or a subtle cameo of some sorts, really low key.

The bolt on electros suit really bothered me :lol: but dude was visually done very well and his voice was an awesome touch.

Back
Top Bottom