SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Felicity Jones in a catsuit is gonna be :evil:. She's super sexy to me. I could see her as black cat trying to seduce a heartbroken spiderman while he's letting her get away with a bank robbery

I don't think so bro, the purpose of Rhino was none other than to forshadow the Sin 6 movie, he's not over yet and I'm assuming Sin 6 will pick up where this left off, I really do wish they would have at least intro MJ, or a subtle cameo of some sorts, really low key.

The bolt on electros suit really bothered me :lol: but dude was visually done very well and his voice was an awesome touch.

Wasn't sure if I was watching electro or dr Manhattan from watch men..

I'm just not a fan of the robotic rhino suit I guess.

It's not so much character development as the suit choice.

I know it's amazing spiderman, but classic rhino is so timeless.

Felicity Jones in a catsuit is gonna be :evil:. She's super sexy to me. I could see her as black cat trying to seduce a heartbroken spiderman while he's letting her get away with a bank robbery

I think that's what's going to be in the next film, but Spiderman would never let her get away with that

Can't front when Electro shocked dude back to life talking about time for the bonus round, I was like 
eek.gif
. Also that scene with Aunt May was up there with the g.o.a.t will smith scene. Dem feels 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Reading more of y'all reviews I gotta say you should realize at some point the movie wasn't good enough to get such an in depth analysis.

I somewhat agree but I do think it is worth a bit of look just because it is being destroyed by the critics so you kind of have to point out why they might think it is bad and why we think it doesn't deserve the score. Currently 54% at RT?

Wasn't sure if I was watching electro or dr Manhattan from watch men..

I'm just not a fan of the robotic rhino suit I guess.

It's not so much character development as the suit choice.

I know it's amazing spiderman, but classic rhino is so timeless.

He'll most likely get another suit for Sin 6 but I thought Giamatti was great as Aleksei Sytsevich. His accent was so ridiculous, the beginning scene when he's driving the truck I think he was literally speaking gibberish in a Russian accent :rofl:

little boy at the end ruined the movie for me...corniest ish I've seen in a super-hero movie 
mean.gif
 the whole time i was thinking "wonder which 1 of the producers this kid is related to"

Last edited:
^^^They did this in the first movie when Spider-Man gives his mask to the kid and all of a sudden he grows a set. When I seen this I was like, again? :rolleyes

The crowd in the end was just plain stupid. I mean at Times Square I get it because Spidey became kind of a celebrity so they want to see him and they know Spidey will save the day. But in the end Rhino had a damn machine gun and Spideys been gone for 3 months and they are just there chilling by the barricades (with a kid mind you) watching the cop cars get tattooed by bullets.

I mean I know what they were trying to do but it wasn't the best way to do it, more thought could have been put to it.

Last edited:
But in the end Rhino had a damn machine gun and Spideys been gone for 3 months and they are just there chilling by the barricades (with a kid mind you) watching the cop cars get tattooed by bullets.
its like your typing my thoughts...thanks for wording it perfectly. REPPED (when it'll let me again)

Last edited:
I mean he was just shooting cops. There would be all sorts of dumb people watching if something could happen like that in real life.

don't forget about the mother with her baby at time square at night :lol:
just came back from watching this...
why was it in every scene harry's hair was on his face, it kinda distracted me :lol:
electro ain't dead :smh:
giving that fight a time limit :stoneface: :smh:
they couldn't even let them finish the fight before ending the movie... :rolleyes

I mean he was just shooting cops. There would be all sorts of dumb people watching if something could happen like that in real life.

I'm saying, a mechanical rhino isn't a worldstar moment? :lol:

I'll admit the kid standing up to rhino was corny (even though the first time you see the kid getting bullied and spiderman walks him home caught my feels slippin :wow:) but I liked Spider-man's reappearance. Talkin ish through the megaphone, "You want me to come down there so you can kill me? Alright" Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :lol:

don't forget about the mother with her baby at time square at night :lol:
just came back from watching this...
why was it in every scene harry's hair was on his face, it kinda distracted me :lol:
electro ain't dead :smh:
giving that fight a time limit :stoneface: :smh:
they couldn't even let them finish the fight before ending the movie... :rolleyes

Sounds like you wanted MOARRRR

No they won't and cops would evacuate everyone they can in that situation. Look at what happens when there is a school shooting? You don't see people standing a few feet from the classrooms. You don't see the parents with their kids standing by the schools fence trying to see how everything unfolds.

Doesn't matter if dude was just shooting on cops, it's goddamn machine gun and bullets are flying everywhere and Rhino could turn a few degrees and those bystanders would be in his line of sight, you don't stand there with your kids watching a 10 feet tall contraption going nuts with a machine gun.

Look, I get you guys love the film but there is no defending on bad decisions like that, comic book accurate or not.

:lol:
at least finish the fight

also in the cgi credits... they were showing the Sin 6... who was the final one?
the guy with the mask? Mysterio? :nerd:

Last edited:

I'm saying, a mechanical rhino isn't a worldstar moment? :lol:

Man it isn't even comparable, it wasn't just some dude beating on some other guy and the others just stand there and record it.

If that same thing goes down and you know damn well you aren't going to be standing by the barricades thinking it has some invincible force fields that'll protec you from your bullets. :lol:

Man I just remembered how BAD the Gwen/Peter relationship was in ASM1 :lol: Why was Gwen simpin after Peter the entire time?

And then you had this scene

"I've been bitten.." "Me too..." :x :lol: :smh:

Anakin/Padme level

also in the cgi credits... they were showing the Sin 6... who was the final one?

I posted it a day before the movie came out. I initially guessed venom because it looked like the symbiote with spidey suit texture.

Possible SInister 6 teaser?

Sony and Shazam have today revealed a special promotion whereby users can Shazam the end credits song to have a copy of the credits (minus the titles) delivered to their mobile devices. We've done exactly that and captured the six different teaser images that you can inspect below.

GG
Doc Ock
Rhino
Vulture
Kraven
Venom? Mysterio? Chameleon?

Last edited:

As far as the 6 they'll use i think it'll be great. I kinda want black cat to be the last member as opposed to mysterio but either choice would be great. I could see mysterio making Gwen Stacy illusions to torment Peter, I could also see black cat being the sexual object to get Peter's guard down and the rest of the members catch him slipping while vulnerable, they'll def need a female for the on screen interpretation

Man it isn't even comparable, it wasn't just some dude beating on some other guy and the others just stand there and record it.

If that same thing goes down and you know damn well you aren't going to be standing by the barricades thinking it has some invincible force fields that'll protec you from your bullets. :lol:

:lol: if I saw any of that stuff in the movie id be creeped the **** out, including some bug guy in red and blue spandex

Man I just remembered how BAD the Gwen/Peter relationship was in ASM1 :lol: Why was Gwen simpin after Peter the entire time?

And then you had this scene

"I've been bitten.." "Me too..." :x :lol: :smh:

Anakin/Padme level

They had their cute moments in the first one but Emma Stone is just awesome in every aspect. Those big ol eyes :wow: Who peeped the graduation scene in the beginning when Peter asked if she's read her speech to him again and she said she would all night long :evil: :smokin ....until Captain Stacy's ghost gave him the mean mug :lol:

WTF?!? seriously? I cringed

:wow:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom