SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Andrew Garfield is super cool in real life also. I met him about 3 months ago at the airport. I yelled out spiderman when I saw him and he smiled and bumped fist with me and said he appreciated the love...

...I shoulda asked him what Emma tastes like :evil:

Last edited:
if I saw any of that stuff in the movie is be creeped the **** out, including some bug guy in red and blue spandex

I'm assuming you meant if you saw it outside of the movie?

And I'm guessing you've never been to comic con, any comic book convetions? Hollywood blvd? :lol: These places are littered with costumed people in spandex and most are out of shape. :rofl:

And as you said Garfield is cool, dude was playing ball with kids in his Spidey costume, that'll really creep you out? If I saw dude on the court, even if it isn't Garfield, I'd go play ball with him. :lol:

People in costume just isn't out of the norm these days, especially in bigger cities.

But don't even give me that it's a movie ish, it's a flaw in the film, just accept it. It was a bad way to deliver that final message and scene.

Last edited:
ASM2 was like a date movie with action scenes.

The action scenes were done really well, there just wasn't enough of it I guess. When I watch comic book movies, I don't want a date movie.

Also does J. Foxx have a clause where music is incorporated into whatever he does?

Andrew Garfield is super cool in real life also. I met him about 3 months ago at the airport. I yelled out spiderman when I saw him and he smiled and bumped fist with me and said he appreciated the love...

...I shoulda asked him what Emma tastes like :evil:

:rofl:

And I'm guessing you've never been to comic con, any comic book convetions? Hollywood blvd? :lol: These places are littered with costumed people in spandex and most are out of shape. :rofl:

And as you said Garfield is cool, dude was playing ball with kids in his Spidey costume, that'll really creep you out? If I saw dude on the court, even if it isn't Garfield, I'd go play ball with him. :lol:

People in costume just isn't out of the norm these days, especially in bigger cities.

But don't even give me that it's a movie ish, it's a flaw in the film, just accept it. It was a bad way to deliver that final message and scene.

If we're talking about the Rhino , I don't agree that it was bad. Was it needed needed? No, bad again no IMO.

We're talking about the whole scene and the crowd being there.

I don't think it was bad either, just not executed well. If they got rid of the crowd and the kid scene and just have Spidey arrive as the cops gets run down then it would have been much, much better. Actually they can keep the kid in the Spidey costume, they should have just had him be saved as people were running away and then go from there, it didn't have to be the crowd watching Rhino shoot bullets and then the kid runs in front and tries to fight it and then Spidey arrives while Rhino just sits there and watches them talk. I mean it would have made more impact if saving the kid was his main motivation to return but no, he was already on his way to fight Rhino. Him being nice to the kid was unnecessary because we've seen him to it in ASM1 and to Max earlier in the film.

Last edited:
I don't think the kid was a bad or cringeworthy. I mean, the kid was a manifestation of what Spider Man represented to the community, the little guy taking his city back against all odds and reason. Now, I agree the way they did it was kind of...off.

They could have had people running around screaming, the cops behind their little barricade; then you see the kid on the side, while everyone is running around him, putting on his mask; see his mom frantically searching for him...then when Giamatti is giving his "You can't beat me speech" (a lull in the heavy fire) the kid sees his chance and runs out to confront Giamatti...all while Gwen's speech is playing in the background...then Spider Man comes in and does his little spiel. That gets the same point across, makes it a little more believeable, well about as believable as a superhero movie can be, and is still a pretty cool scene.

I'm a big fan of the little guy, specifically kids, not understanding the concept of danger and doing things purely because it "feels right." Plus, that's a call back to earlier in the movie, how Spider Man inspired that kid to be something bigger than himself.

We're talking about the whole scene and the crowd being there.

I don't think it was bad either, just not executed well. If they got rid of the crowd and the kid scene and just have Spidey arrive as the cops gets run down then it would have been perfectly fine. Actually they can keep the kid in the Spidey costume, they should have just had him be saved as people were running away and then go from there, it didn't have to be the crowd watching Rhino shoot bullets and then the kid runs in front and tries to fight it and then Spidey arrives while Rhinojust sits there and watches them talk.

Ok. Yeah, I also would've taken the kid out.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Opens to $35.5 Million on Friday

Sony Pictures' The Amazing Spider-Man 2 officially kicked off summer on Friday in North America with $35.5 million (including Thursday evening screenings) from 4,324 locations, for a per screen average of $8,210. We don't have the international numbers for Friday, but before the weekend began, the sequel had already earned $155 million overseas, bringing it's worldwide total to $190.5 million so far.

The studio is projecting a three-day domestic take of between $92 – 97 million. The film received a CinemaScore of A- with audiences under 25 and an okay B+ overall.

It's a little tricky to compare the opening to that of The Amazing Spider-Man in 2012 as that film opened on a Tuesday and brought in $137 million its first six days, $62 million of that coming over its first weekend. The first film went on to earn $752.2 million worldwide.

I've never been to comic-con but I'm dying to go to either that or E3 one of these days. I'll give you that one flaw in the movie was that scene but I thought it was an excellent way to end it and left you wanting more.

...also, what are the odds that J.K. Simmons will reprise his J.Jonah Jameson role in the 3rd. I think they are pretty high

Them not finishing the Rhino battle and Harry talking about gathering up villains and Mr. Fiers walking by the future gears/suits (Vulture wings, Dock Ock arms, etc..) kept me wanting more, not the kid or their interaction or their conversation. :lol:

Last edited:
Don't think I mentioned, but I'm optimistic about the Spidey-verse. I feel as if Marc Webb listens to the criticisms and has learned a lot from the first film. He's still learning as he's a young director, and I believe the sequel will be the best yet. Keep it the same length, have a more straightforward plot, and two villain limit, and it should be good.

Last edited:
I also absolutely LOVE the way Marc Webb executed the spider sense in this movie. I will never be able to watch Raimi's spiderman 1 and that cafeteria trey scene ever again :rofl:

10 months ago they announced that ASM3 will come out 06/10/16 and ASM4 on 05/04/18. I am curious when Sin6 and Venom films will come out? I don't think those dates are announced yet and I think it makes sense for Sin6 movie to come out in 2015 before ASM3 but I am not sure if they plan to shoot anything this year.

I also absolutely LOVE the way Marc Webb executed the spider sense in this movie. I will never be able to watch Raimi's spiderman 1 and that cafeteria trey scene ever again :rofl:

Didn't it feel like his spider sense was too damn strong in this one? Dude detected Electro in Times Square and I swear he was like miles away. Fellt like they upped his spidey-sense the way they made Wolverines healing was uber fast in X3, dude was regenerating his skin faster than the Phoenix could burn it.

They promised a Spidey film every year too so I guess we'll see Sin6 in 2015, ASM3 in 2016, Venom in 2017 and ASM4 in 2018?

If that were the case, they better be casting their villains and director for Sin6 already.

Webb is only confirmed for ASM3 and he said he won't direct the 4th installment.

^^ his spider sense was OD in this one but that's a part of his powers that are often underrated. I really liked the first time it was on display when rhino hit the bus and he flipped over and stopped it from tipping over.

As far as Release dates for the next film. I really want them to give a little more time in between sequels. I completely agree that sin 6 should be the next film and not ASM3

He says that, but he could still be down. And I can't imagine the Sinister 6 film coming out next year, unless they already have things moving.

Didn't it feel like his spider sense was too damn strong in this one? Dude detected Electro in Times Square and I swear he was like miles away. Fellt like they upped his spidey-sense the way they made Wolverines healing was uber fast in X3, dude was regenerating his skin faster than the Phoenix could burn it.

bro, the movie highlighted NYC like i havent seen in a while, so i can tell you exactly where he was and how far dude actually was from times square, the scene with Gwen was in the Highline, right on 16th and west side, times square is in 42nd and broadway, dude that is about 5 avenues east and 26 streets north :rofl: dudes spider sense definately was on steroids.

Again they did want a new Spiderman film every year and it doesn't have to be focused on Spiderman so Sin6 is probably on the roll now behind the scenes.

New Spider-Man movie to be released every year, says Sony

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/a...lease-more-release-more-tentpoles-1201118909/

Co-chairman Amy Pascal confirmed the proposal would be implemented by expanding the world of the iconic masked vigilante to include other linked characters the studio owns the rights to. "We are expanding the Spider-Man universe into the Sinister Six and Venom, so that we have Spider-Man movies every year," Pascal told Variety.

Huge SPIDER-MAN News: Alex Kurtzman Directing VENOM Spinoff Movie and Drew Goddard Writing and Possibly Directing THE SINISTER SIX

http://collider.com/venom-movie-alex-kurtzman-drew-goddard-the-sinister-six/

Kurtzman, Orci, and Pinkner are writing the screenplay for The Amazing Spider-Man 3, which the studio hopes Webb will return to direct; the film will go into production next fall for release on June 10, 2016.

Kurtzman, Orci and Solomon are writing the screenplay for a Venom movie, which Kurtzman will direct.

Drew Goddard will write, with an eye to direct, The Sinister Six, focusing on the villains in the franchise.

Last edited:
Drew Goddard, the director from "Cabin in the Woods" is directing the sin 6 film and I thought it was sin 6 that was starting preproduction in January :nerd:

And to piggyback what ksteezy ksteezy said his Spider sense was def on overdrive but New York was an extra character in the movie. The scenery was so beautiful in the movie. Bravo again to Marc Webb and cast on a great film

Last edited:

bro, the movie highlighted NYC like i havent seen in a while, so i can tell you exactly where he was and how far dude actually was from times square, the scene with Gwen was in the Highline, right on 16th and west side, times square is in 42nd and broadway, dude that is about 5 avenues east and 26 streets north :rofl: dudes spider sense definately was on steroids.

Damn. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom