SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Drew Goddard, the director from "Cabin in the Woods" is directing the sin 6 film and I thought it was sin 6 that was starting preproduction in January :nerd:

And to piggyback what ksteezy ksteezy said his Spider sense was def on overdrive but New York was an extra character in the movie. The scenery was so beautiful in the movie. Bravo again to Marc Webb and cast on a great film

the movie paid homeage to NYC on some 90's action movie steez, LOVED ITTTTTTT!!!!

NY was really like you said another character, the highline, Janes Carousel, Brooklyn Bridge park, Times Square, I think the scene when Gwen and Peter meet at night is Bryant Park, yeah the movie had its blah moments, but they really paid attention to small details and paid homeage to the fact that spidey is an ICONIC NYC hero

Webb has been good highlighting cities, he did it in 500 Days of Summer too.

Never been to NYC but yeah he did great in showing the city especially since Spidey and NYC comes hand in hand. In some ways, Webbs NYC felt more crowded and smaller and that how I imagine NY really is so it felt and looked more genuine, not sure if that makes sense but it's hard to explain.

Last edited:
Just seent it in 3d.

Yea u gots to see this film in 3d :wow:

One of my friends dat wuz wit me aint into comics and didnt know gwen stacy died.
Real tear lol

Last edited:
3d is annoying. Until they are able to show it without wearing those glasses that don't even fit properly, I don't care about it. Have Nintendo figure something out like the 3ds.

Last edited:
3d is annoying. Until they are able to show it without wearing those glasses that don't even fit properly, I don't care about it. Have Nintendo figure something out like the 3ds.

Haha, I think the "ghost image" is something they can't do anything about unless everyone sits in the same seat somehow. 3d is a gimmick that needs to go. It's not even "the future", it's actually old technology that got scraped for a reason

I also absolutely LOVE the way Marc Webb executed the spider sense in this movie. I will never be able to watch Raimi's spiderman 1 and that cafeteria trey scene ever again :rofl:

Didn't it feel like his spider sense was too damn strong in this one? Dude detected Electro in Times Square and I swear he was like miles away. Fellt like they upped his spidey-sense the way they made Wolverines healing was uber fast in X3, dude was regenerating his skin faster than the Phoenix could burn it.

yeah I noticed that too. Like damn Pete, you really noticed that from miles away? Superman ain't got ish on Pete.

Jaime singing before he fell into that tank was pure lulz

So who do y'all believe will be the next love interest?

I'm going for Black Cat. I believe they'll throw MJ in there bus something along the lines of the classic introduction in the books. The Black Cat makes the most sense honestly IMO.

Chris Cooper is coming back 100%. And you never know, Harry just may have been the Hobgoblin. It's not as if he was named in this film.
It would be even worse if he was (or is suppose to be) the Hobgoblin. That'd be dissing the actual Hobgolbin.

As far as Cooper I don't know if you got confirmations for it but him coming back is 50/50 in the long run (up to ASM4). I can't just assume he will. To me it could go either way.

Last edited:
I haven't read much about the hobgoblin actually so I have no response to that.

And yeah I believe he'll be back for sure. There was some comment Cooper made about Norman that gives me this reason, but I don't remember all that I read. It'll be interesting to see what's done with him because I'm pretty sure he'll never suit up as the Goblin.

So who do y'all believe will be the next love interest?

I'm going for Black Cat. I believe they'll throw MJ in there bus something along the lines of the classic introduction in the books. The Black Cat makes the most sense honestly IMO.

Definitely think it'll be black cat before MJ for the simple fact that they've already shown Felicity Jones. Emma stone is a tough act to follow but jones is :evil: :smokin :evil:

Review: The Amazing-Spider Man 2 - Spidey swings into a cinematic brick wall as this sequel is too chaotic and muddled to enjoy - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-3AZ

Get outta here with this

Last edited:
Definitely think it'll be black cat before MJ for the simple fact that they've already shown Felicity Jones. Emma stone is a tough act to follow but jones is :evil: :smokin :evil:

Get outta here with this
relax :rofl:

We already know folks don't like the film

And if they put her in the next film , I hope the opening scene is her stealing something.

Last edited:
relax :rofl:

We already know folks don't like the film

And if they put her in the next film , I hope the opening scene is her stealing something.

:rofl: brah, the ASM2 slander will not be tolerated.

I remember Felicity Jones saying something about her having a suit. I really wonder how much of this film was left on the cutting room floor because it sounds like their is a lot :smokin

They need to throw it all on the blu-ray. There's so much that was cut and we can tell that alone from the trailers.

I didn't see the line from the trailer "isn't that the question of the day" from harry?

Wonder if it got cut out.

Also "we've been watching you Peter"

Didn't hear that in the movie

I thought it was pretty good...not great and definitely not a masterpiece. Whoever said that is smoking rock.

I really have no complaints other than the fact that it was slow at parts.

The webbing hand was really corny too.

Don't think I mentioned, but I'm optimistic about the Spidey-verse. I feel as if Marc Webb listens to the criticisms and has learned a lot from the first film. He's still learning as he's a young director, and I believe the sequel will be the best yet. Keep it the same length, have a more straightforward plot, and two villain limit, and it should be good.

That's my main concern about Guardians. 5 villains 2 of which have big parts (Nebula and Accuser), 1 cameo (Thanos), and 2 with an unconfirmed amount of time (Collector and Korath). Not to mention Gamora starts off aligned with the bad guys but I doubt that will be for more than 15 mins.

Still looking forward to it, but don't **** this up Gunn!

I didn't see the line from the trailer "isn't that the question of the day" from harry?

Wonder if it got cut out.

Also "we've been watching you Peter"

Didn't hear that in the movie

I was wondering why they cut that part as well.

It was a good movie though. It was definitely like watching a comic book and the romantic parts definitely kept my gf interested. She was a little angry/sad at the ending. But knowing the comics, I knew what was coming.

I want to see the Goblin go full green in the next movie. And I thought Jamie Foxx did an excellent job of playing the bullied and overlooked nerd turned villain.

Don't think I mentioned, but I'm optimistic about the Spidey-verse. I feel as if Marc Webb listens to the criticisms and has learned a lot from the first film. He's still learning as he's a young director, and I believe the sequel will be the best yet. Keep it the same length, have a more straightforward plot, and two villain limit, and it should be good.

That's my main concern about Guardians. 5 villains 2 of which have big parts (Nebula and Accuser), 1 cameo (Thanos), and 2 with an unconfirmed amount of time (Collector and Korath). Not to mention Gamora starts off aligned with the bad guys but I doubt that will be for more than 15 mins.

Still looking forward to it, but don't **** this up Gunn!
You still looking at it like it's a superhero movie and it's not.

Back
Top Bottom