SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
so was the guy in the post credits talking to vulture suppose to be someone important?

Just the right amount of jokes, and I enjoyed the action sequences although I wish he would have been swinging through the city more. I don't recall seeing the scene with him and IM swinging/flying side by side like in the trailer. Did I miss it? Speaking of the trailers, I thought the promotion for the movie might have given it away, but I was wrong. The whole HS student super hero life was well done IMO.
The only things that bothered me where.
1. Him being afraid of heights during the Washington monument scene.

2. I get he's in HS but he  was super careless about his secret identity.

3. Flash didn't do it for me. I was looking at him like this is the dude that's punking Peter.... Peter is bigger than this kid. 

‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Now Catching Around $13M+ In Thursday Night Previews

Homecoming is playing at 3,450 locations tonight, which started at 7 PM in every U.S./Canadian time zone. The Jon Watts-directed movie, which incorporates Spider-Man into the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe, will expand to 4,348 sites tomorrow.

At $13M-plus, Homecoming is ahead of such Thursday preview nights as Deadpool ($12.7M), Guardians of the Galaxy ($11.2M), Wonder Woman ($11M), Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($10.2M, 2014), Spider-Man 3 ($10M, 2007), Doctor Strange ($9.4M, 2016) and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($8.7M, 2014).

it wasnt really the iron spidey suit, it was more like the spiderman game suit, its metallic but still no spiderlegs[\spoiler]
First thing I thought of when I saw the image.. but I can't see them giving spidey Tony's colors in the MCU
Waiting for rfx45 rfx45 with a high res photo of that. Did it remind anybody of

Wasp's suit? Maybe it was because of the colors.

Marvel about to make Sony bank.
These fools should just learn that they are the problem. Give them the Venom keys as well.

no hi-res yet

FPF0D2P.png

Nice. But yeah, if a Spider-Tracer, Parachute, etc can all come out of his main suit, there's no reason some mechanical spider legs can't pop out of nowhere on that one :lol:

I'm still laughing thinking about the Hot Dog dude telling him to do a backflip and getting excited :lol:

Just the right amount of jokes, and I enjoyed the action sequences although I wish he would have been swinging through the city more. I don't recall seeing the scene with him and IM swinging/flying side by side like in the trailer. Did I miss it? Speaking of the trailers, I thought the promotion for the movie might have given it away, but I was wrong. The whole HS student super hero life was well done IMO.
The only things that bothered me where.
1. Him being afraid of heights during the Washington monument scene.

2. I get he's in HS but he  was super careless about his secret identity.

3. Flash didn't do it for me. I was looking at him like this is the dude that's punking Peter.... Peter is bigger than this kid. 
That shot we saw in the trailer was only used for the trailer.

I enjoyed the movie. Although, there were some moments that I felt dragged. I really enjoyed the opening of the film with the short backstory of why and how Vulture became to be.
I was happy this film explored Peter still getting familiar as being Spider-Man. A kid who was anxiously waiting for the next opportunity to help Iron Man. That was great. We've never seen that side of Peter Parker. 

I thought Happy was a good addition to the story, being the middle man, and having to deal with both Tony and Peter's crap.

Aunt Bae looked great as always and glad they continued to play on the fact that she was hot. It would have been funny if Marvel trolled fans with a picture of Uncle Ben portrayed by a popular actor (Brad Pitt lol)

I did not like the fact Aunt Mae finds out Peter is Spider-Man.

Keaton did a great job as Vulture. His story was well-developed and built correctly as the film went on. What a plot twist, I didn't know he was Liz's dad.

I thought it was neat how Bokeem became the Shocker. Looks like he's going to be around for a while.

Seeing Mac Gargan was cool too...Didn't figure out who he was until I researched his name. And the scene where he see's Toomes in Prison and hinting about a group of guys on the outside that wants Spidey dead, I took that as a nod to the Sinister Six. What do you guys think?

Curious as to what happens to Avengers Tower. Who bought it?

Tony and Pepper are back together?! Does that mean she'll be back in the future films?

Donald Glover's character was cool. Loved the easter egg he dropped when he said he had a nephew that lived in the neighborhood. MILES!!!!!!

Ned was alright. I'm pretty sure I could have played the Filipino BFF.

Zendaya's character was pretty funny. Just kind of let down when she wanted to be called "MJ" Reminded me of The Dark Knight Rises when Joseph Gordon-Levitt's real name was Robin.

And I was happy with the amount of Tony Stark in the movie. It was a good balance. 

Iron Spidey suit was cool to see. But I preferred his main suit. I hope he doesn't go all metallic when IW comes around.

Flash sucked. I didn't enjoy they're portrayal of him.

Captain America's videos were hilarious. Even the after credits scene lol

Hannibal Burress' character was basically playing himself. His delivery on when he calls Cap a 'war criminal' was funny.

Overall, enjoyable movie with some parts that dragged, but otherwise, entertaining. 
My favorite Spider-Man film. 

Oh, and the drone that Vulture used to decoy the GPS of Tony's plane, looked a lot like a glider that Green Goblin could use.

And the scene where he see's Toomes in Prison and hinting about a group of guys on the outside that wants Spidey dead, I took that as a nod to the Sinister Six. What do you guys think?

it was for sure

Curious as to what happens to Avengers Tower. Who bought it?

i'd have to watch again but I thought they mentioned who bought? some government agency I think though I am not sure

Donald Glover's character was cool. Loved the easter egg he dropped when he said he had a nephew that lived in the neighborhood. MILES!!!!!!

it was an ok nod but I am honestly more excited about seeing dude as the Prowler in the future

it was for sure
i'd have to watch again but I thought they mentioned who bought? some government agency I think though I am not sure
it was an ok nod but I am honestly more excited about seeing dude as the Prowler in the future
True. I really hope Donald Glover continues as that role in the MCU. 

possible plot holes?

So he doesn't have Spider Sense right? He got hit by Falcon's drone in Civil War and he got clocked by Shocker when he left the dance.

Shouldn't he have frozen over or been bothered by the high altitude and speed when he was clinging on the the Avenger jet? I mean Iron Man had to deal his suit icing over.

possible plot holes?

So he doesn't have Spider Sense right? He got hit by Falcon's drone in Civil War and he got clocked by Shocker when he left the dance.

Shouldn't he have frozen over or been bothered by the high altitude and speed when he was clinging on the the Avenger jet? I mean Iron Man had to deal his suit icing over.
Yeah heights thing was weird. And with the spidey sense I thought he had it in CW when WS threw the car and it looked like he sense something and peaked around the pillar to see the car...

spider sense was addressed by the director and Feige, it's somewhat "there" but was not addressed or emphasized on supposedly, they didn't focus on it but it is weird because I thought he had the squinting eyes to focus himself as he said in CW everything is a frenzy when it happens but in Homecoming he was sneaking into his room and took his mask off and didn't even notice Ned was there

also didn't notice his aunt behind him as he took his mask off in the end

His spider senses are suppose to sense incoming threats :lol: Ned and Aunt May weren't attacking Peter but it's more of an implied thing with Spider-Man's power set. Look at the scene when Vulture had his glider attacking Peter in the building and he was dodging it effortlessly from every angle. Watts did mention not too much touching on it and exploring it more later on and I like that he did that because his spider sense makes him seem so OP that you couldn't get a lot of the sense of danger for Peter. Also he's still coming into his powers so I can definitely see it something he gets more attuned with and it becoming more of a thing in Spider-Man's future appearances

I don't think there was really an explanation to his sense but I always thought it was like heightened senses like Daredevils, and it's not just from immediate danger

found this and seeing how many fingers MJ is holding up due to his sense obviously means it's not just due to danger, they just emphasize that it's a power he uses to avoid danger

A psychological awareness of his surroundings, similar to the radar-sense of Daredevil. When he is temporarily blinded, Spider-Man learns to emulate this ability and navigate without his eyesight. Even under normal conditions, his spider-sense helps him navigate darkened rooms, instinctively avoiding obstacles or hazards, or potentially noisy or unstable floorboards, walls or ceilings that may betray his presence. In one comic, he is shown sensing how many fingers Mary Jane is holding up.

An ability to detect certain radio frequencies. Spider-Man's technical skill is such that he has designed spider-tracers that broadcast a signal detectable by his spider-sense.

Last edited:
haven't seen all of the MCU movies, including civil war.. should I watch this or watch everything else first? :smh:

haven't seen all of the MCU movies, including civil war.. should I watch this or watch everything else first?
mean.gif
Yeah, start with Blade then work your way up.

Jk. 

I think it would be cool to watch all the movies in order of release date. So you'd understand all the post credit scenes and all that.

haven't seen all of the MCU movies, including civil war.. should I watch this or watch everything else first? :smh:
Yeah, start with Blade then work your way up.

Jk. 

I think it would be cool to watch all the movies in order of release date. So you'd understand all the post credit scenes and all that.

lmao yeah.. i've seen iron man 1 + 2, thor, hulk, and the first avenger, maybe thor 2. i guess i'll have to plan a weekend to knock them all out in order. :lol:

Did anyone catch what Happy was saying to the loaders about the final boxes of equipement? He mentioned Hulk Buster, something, and then Thor's magical belt? 
Anyone know what that could mean?

Yeah i think the spider sense issue was addressed by the director as being not yet fully developed. They said that it was always a big focus in the other movies like how it was shown on screen. They said it's not that he doesn't have it but that it's still developing, similar to all his powers. If you noticed there were certain instances he didn't really "stick" to walls and slipped. Also that scene at the end when he's covered in rubble and he struggles till he focuses shows that his powers are not full circle yet.

By the way i loved that scene because it's taken from a scene in a comic that i had when he's in the same situation and busts through. Not sure if that's been replicated but the scene i remember was from a late 90's issue. I'll try to find it.

Revolori was AWFUL CASTING and distasteful. Flash don't need to be an all american white boy jock but at least make him a jock. Seems they went with this flash being peter's social opposite. Being just as smart maybe smarter but having money and more confidence. When you think about it in this age of Lil Yachty rap, he makes sense for what a "bully" looks like but I still woulda preferred someone that's "bigger" be Flash because it plays a better dynamic when you think about it. That puny Peter Parker could whup Flash Thompson all over school.

"MJ" reveal? L. A. M. E. They ripped that from TDKR without prejudice. I don't have a problem with Zendaya's character she was actually refreshing and funny. they made her hella frumpy tho. Her being the "real" MJ tho would be more of a disservice to the character than flash.

As much as the suit is cool i still am meh about it. I loved how the closeups made it seem like it was cloth/felt material insted of spandex, but I was honestly hoping for him to actually make a cooler suit. He's essentially Iron Man lite with all the gadgets and Karen in it. That was also a part that was outta place. They pretty much inserted the Tony Stark/Jarvis element into it and that's outta place.

Ned was great!! Hella comic relief but he vibed with exactly how high school kids would vibe. The whole movie got it right. From the teachers to the nosy nerdy kids, this did exactly what Nolan did for Batman. At certain points when Spider Man wasn't on screen this did not feel like a comic book movie but more like an episode of 90210 or something.

Definitely another 1 - 2 viewings for me. Also I watched sans 3D. I really hate the fact that IMAX is only 3D :smh:

Back
Top Bottom