Spy Shots of the 2012 Dodge Charger...

ninjahood wrote:
da srt 8 is FASTER and you don't have to fold your family into that closet of a backseat  unlike da other 2 mentioned.
laugh.gif

How you talking about performance and then caring about if your family can fit in the backseat?

If you want your family to be comfy, grab a big luxury sedan or SUV.

If you want performance, well...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by lakers242007

Originally Posted by Munfy

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by Kezziny

That is absolutely ridiculous. If you had any idea about Mopars or cars in general, you would know that the Engines in SRTs during the production years of 2005-2009 were done by AMG Group. The Horsepower and Torque numbers even if a little inflated are by no means modest...I've seen SRT8's with a few modifications churning 700+ HP at the Crank. Plus there is nothing that comes close to the rumbling sound of a V8 Engine...you cannot tell me that you enjoy the take offs of most JDM cars.�
Now since you are a BMW'er. I guarantee you at a stoplight that any M series will lose to a Dodge Charger SRT8. The time it takes to get the car's on board computer right is atrocious....the Charger would have left you in the dust by the time you turn your Traction Control Off as well as get your system set up for optimal shifting.�

I personally love the M6 and would kill for it in my drive way...as well as maybe a SL65 Black, but there is no reason for all this hate on American Muscle. You don't know what it is to drive until you get behind the wheel of an American breed. Not to dig it back up, but have you seen the ZR1�
devil.gif
�

Any M series would lose to a Charger SRT8?

Stock for stock right?
laugh.gif

Ive always liked Chargers, but people boast about its performance like its something to brag about. For such a high hp hemi, its 1/4 is pretty slow. And lets not even talk about the fact its an automatic. You are going to have alot of fun mashing that gas pedal huh?
laugh.gif
4,200 pounds. 425 horse power is not high.

keep point you made is AUTOMATIC!!!�

why get a car for "performance" and then get an auto...$++%$
��

that's because they don't know anything about performance

its called computers do a better job shifting then we do these days.
That's an opinion....

plus, where's the fun in that?

false.
http://www.youtube.com/v/U4Fop4eC1cw&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/U4Fop4eC1cw&hl=en_US&fs=1&

@ 3:05 it tells you how da CTS-V on AUTO whipped da M5 on MANUAL
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
word. im sick of this nonsense how manual is better for racing and all that mess. YOU CANT BEAT AUTO unless ur Andretti. The srt-8 is a bargain for the buck, the EVO is soft body in comparison for everyday practical usage. People just can't stand how American muscle has stepped their game up.

ninjahood wrote:
da srt 8 is FASTER and you don't have to fold your family into that closet of a backseat  unlike da other 2 mentioned.
laugh.gif

How you talking about performance and then caring about if your family can fit in the backseat?

If you want your family to be comfy, grab a big luxury sedan or SUV.

If you want performance, well...

its called walking AND chewing gum
wink.gif

i can beat a snot nosed punk in a EVO while still picking up da kids from school, & have da wife rockin shotgun rockin da srt-8 charger 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

So you'd rather whip a SRT-8 Charger to scoop up the wife and kids rather than a luxury sedan?
laugh.gif

Whatever floats your boat.

For the other argument, its not a question that auto shifts more precisely than manuals. Thats pretty much a fact.

Its the fun in driving that auto takes away.

Going through all 6 gears while tearing down the street.
pimp.gif

Mashing the gas medal tearing down the street.
indifferent.gif

So you'd rather whip a SRT-8 Charger to scoop up the wife and kids rather than a luxury sedan?
laugh.gif

For the other argument, its not a question that auto shifts more precisely than manuals. Thats pretty much a fact.

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
your reply is a opinion...who's to say who has more fun driving....i damn well know who's having more fun PARKING on a hill though
laugh.gif

and you tell me what a SRT-8 is missing when it comes to picking up da family... "luxury" is pretty codeword for prestige these days...da top trim charger got everything

a luxury sedan has as far as "gadgets" is concerned.

NTers in da JDM scene seem mad that people aren't knocking da doors down to jump on they set...naw son, we good over here, PLENTY of other car scenes on da streets,

and whats worse, they completely baffled that a american car such as CTS-V can outdo anything da great M series BMW provided.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

You're arguing with a guy who says sidekicks > blackberries
dude tried to argue with me on twitter about SRT engines > any Japanese engineering 

Well, if you wanna go bang for your buck, than yes the SRT8 is the cheapest but so was the SRT4 and we all know what happen to that pile of bolts...

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

dude tried to argue with me on twitter about SRT engines > any Japanese engineering 
you don't know ANYTHING about cars

da same "Japanese engineering" doesn't know how to make they're cars stop
roll.gif

and like i said PLENTY of times, da sidekick 3g LX >>>> anyblackberry sans da 9700

you got all these birds gassed they rocking they OLD AS HELL blackberry tech dressed in brandnew white casing, metro PCS blackberrys...
laugh.gif
, boost blackberrys
laugh.gif

and

SRT4 and we all know what happen to that pile of bolts...
popularity =/= performance.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

roll.gif

and like i said PLENTY of times, da sidekick 3g LX >>>> anyblackberry sans da 9700

you got all these birds gassed they rocking they OLD AS HELL blackberry tech dressed in brandnew white casing, metro PCS blackberrys...
laugh.gif
, boost blackberrys
laugh.gif

and

NinjaHood.. How old are you.. You have the mind of a 9 year old
smh.gif

Originally Posted by EmnabtnacesoRJ

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
, boost blackberrys
laugh.gif

and

NinjaHood.. How old are you.. You have the mind of a 9 year old
smh.gif

laugh.gif
 P is a cool !%! dude 
he just loves domestic cars/sidekicks/steeptechs thats all idk why he's not working for those companies

problem is NO ONE looks at da small print..everyone is worried about perception.....this is why you got MORONS coppin iPads

instead of copping a damn netbook that does twice as much with 1/2 da price...

a FULLED LOADED SRT-8 charger can be had for CHEAP used...around 22k

Originally Posted by RKO2004

im tellin you, these kiddies don't know what they missing....i've driven one before and when you get out its like "they're giving me ALL this? for just THAT?"

pssh....and ya worried about da "plastic" in da interior
grin.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I can't wait to get one
ohwell.gif
. I can wait for the new one.

But dudes reaction was priceless
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Anyone know where I can get a GIANT logos to put on the hood? Really just a an outline so it can be painted over or something.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
your reply is a opinion...who's to say who has more fun driving....i damn well know who's having more fun PARKING on a hill though
laugh.gif

and you tell me what a SRT-8 is missing when it comes to picking up da family... "luxury" is pretty codeword for prestige these days...da top trim charger got everything

NTers in da JDM scene seem mad that people aren't knocking da doors down to jump on they set...naw son, we good over here, PLENTY of other car scenes on da streets,

and whats worse, they completely baffled that a american car such as CTS-V can outdo anything da great M series BMW provided.

Bro, stop talking out of your a**. Have you ever actually driven an M series or a CTS-V? and I don't mean just crusing down the street, I mean actually push the car? You're basing EVERYTHING on reviews of companies that for the most part have bashed BMW. The CTS-V doesn't outdo the M series in anything except power...and thats even arguable because from a dig the CTS will win, but from a roll the M5 will win.Both cars are good in their own perspective and thats where it should be left at. 

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Bro, stop talking out of your a**. Have you ever actually driven an M series or a CTS-V? and I don't mean just crusing down the street, I mean actually push the car? You're basing EVERYTHING on reviews of companies that for the most part have bashed BMW

[h2]2009 Cadillac CTS-V vs 2008 BMW M5[/h2]

What do you get when you combine German driving skills with an American sport sedan? One rough andready American icon.

The CTS-V is just that. Where the regular CTS is blah, and, well, bleh… The V is a formidable effort of true German quality. It was born on the ‘Ring, and bread with an American V8. The CTS-V lapped the ‘Ring in a sedan record of 7:59. It has a 6.2L Supercharged V8, packing 556hp at 6100 RPM and 551lb-ft of torque at 3800 RPM. Keep these figures fresh in your mind… The CTS-V only weighs 4200/4300lbs, in manual and automatic trim.

The M5 is a car that we’ve had since 2005 to drool over. And I still do. Every time I see one, I still have to stop and look, or take a second look. I love the M5. I prefer the manual to the SMG, but that’s just me. The M5 still carries one hell of a punch with a Naturally Aspirated V10 that has 500hp at 7750 RPM and 383lb-ft of torque at 6100 RPM. The M5 also weighs in at just 4012lbs.

So, Road and Track got the two cars and took them to the Monticello Motor Club’s brand new, unfinished, 3.4 mile long track, that is still under construction. Bill Auberlen and John Heinricy were both on hand to drive the M5 and the CTS-V around the track. Bill Auberlen is a factory BMW driver, and is famous for racing the M3 in ALMS, and John Heinricy is head of GM’s performance division, and drove the CTS-V around the ‘Ring for its lap record.

Now, here we go. This is a very fair test. Where Road and Track, to me, has become a very slow paced magazine that can’t really test their cars to the same 0-60 and 1/4 mile times that Car and Driver and Motor Trend can. But this time, they look up to the challenge. Unfortunately, do to the construction at the track, they could only track for an hour and drive so hard, as there was a lot of dust embedded in the track, and some water on the back side of the track in the shade. They got no chance to test the cars’ 0-60’s and 1/4 mile times against one another. That’s okay, because the track time tells a better story.

Both the Cadillac and BMW teams were there to watch it all go down. The CTS-V was a 6-spd manual, and BMW supplied an SMG and a 6-spd manual M5 for the test. Bill took the SMG. Keep in mind, John Heinricy has been the official test driver of the CTS-V since its inception. He is also a factory Chevrolet racing driver. Bill hasn’t touched an M5 in four years.

The CTS-V came out and drove a 2:47.55 after some warming up. The M5 ran a 2:45.96 after some test laps. Then the M5 comes in and finishes the day with a 2:44.70. The CTS-V then struggles to get the fastest total lap before they had to wrap up the hour long test. The V raced to 2:44.23.

See that? 2:44.70 for the M5 and 2:44.23. John has been driving the car for a few years now. Bill hasn’t driven an M5 in four years, and rips the V a new one… The CTS-V has 56 more hp, 168 more lb-ft of torque, and just shy of 200lbs heavier. The M5 is just slightly slower with less. Isn’t that funny. Remember, the CTS-V also develops its 551lb-ft of torque at 3800 RPM versus the M5’s 383lb-ft of torque at 6100 RPM. Oh, and the V gets its 56 more hp at 6100 RPM versus the M5’s 500hp at 7750 RPM.

I can’t wait until the next M5 comes out. Look out Cadillac, BMW isn’t far behind being the older dog in this fight.

You can read the full article and view all of the pictures at RoadandTrack.com.

Article by Josh from RawAutos.com

Link for video

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid717440069/bclid713053299/bctid1711766812http://www.bmwblog.com/2008/09/10/2009-cadillac-cts-v-vs-2008-bmw-m5/

why we comparing a M to any american garbage..common now guys

Didn't I tell you some pages back to get out of here. Leave now. You're the dude in class, when someone is arguing about sports, you don't use stats, you just say "Lebron trash, He butt. Dirk the best". 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

why we comparing a M to any american garbage..common now guys

Didn't I tell you some pages back to get out of here. Leave now. You're the dude in class, when someone is arguing about sports, you don't use stats, you just say "Lebron trash, He butt. Dirk the best". 
laugh.gif
he's a laker fan, what you expect
laugh.gif

This is unbelievable... People on here are comparing apples to oranges as usual and have never tasted either for themselves. They insist on goin by whats printed in Motor Trend, Car & Driver or whatever BS magazine thats on the stand and wanna preach what they read like its the absolute truth... I said all that to say I have a SRT8 and as long as my "cheap" 4000+ lb car can run a 12.9 partically stock then I am more than happy!!! Some of yall losers need to grow the F up!!!

Back
Top Bottom