Spy Shots of the 2012 Dodge Charger...

Lol this post is still alive? Ima take a m3 over a gt500 due to the simple fact that not only will a m3 keep up with a gt500 but it handle likes it on rails and if you factor in the cost of upkeep and compare it to the m3 it equals out dude to the fact that the parts use are high performance in the gt500.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

From edmunds

At the test track, the 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 charged down the quarter-mile in just 12.4 seconds, an effort that simply slays its chief American muscle car rivals, the new Chevrolet Camaro SS (13.0 seconds) and the Dodge Challenger SRT8 (13.2 seconds). And we got that time running against a 14-mph headwind. The Shelby also sprinted to 60 mph in just 4.3 seconds
From m3post

M3 coupe 6MT
0-to-60-mph time: 4.4 sec
Standing 1/4 mile: 12.9 sec @ 111 mph
Let's be serious...
2011 is even quicker, 2011 GT is a serious whip. 415 horsepower from the GT for 2011.
dude, i know about the GT

read u can get up to 600 with a pulley swap

but that's besides the point since im talking stock vs stock. the gt is a pure drag car, a corner would be a nightmare for that thing..traction issues are also gonna hinder u from getting me from a dig.

I'm talking about the 2011 Mustang GT. The Ford GT is discontinued.

They were discontinued?
smh.gif
Those things were fast..

A better comparison would be a c6 since they don't cost much more than the m

Originally Posted by ninjahood

*AHEM*

let's really be serious. your paying MORE for a slower car....
laugh.gif

#FAIL for you sir
Says the guy who threw the SRT8 vs. the Evo IX a couple pages ago.

105oepf.jpg

It's funny, watching Ninjahood duck my post, son has nothing for my replies. You weak fam. Stop it. Nobody believes you and your car knowledge. Your cousin doesn't own a Charger, you've never rode in anything that didn't hold more than 30 passengers and you need to cancel your subscription to MotorTrend g.

From edmunds

At the test track, the 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 charged down the quarter-mile in just 12.4 seconds, an effort that simply slays its chief American muscle car rivals, the new Chevrolet Camaro SS (13.0 seconds) and the Dodge Challenger SRT8 (13.2 seconds). And we got that time running against a 14-mph headwind. The Shelby also sprinted to 60 mph in just 4.3 seconds
From m3post

M3 coupe 6MT
Let's be serious...
2011 is even quicker, 2011 GT is a serious whip. 415 horsepower from the GT for 2011.
dude, i know about the GT

read u can get up to 600 with a pulley swap

but that's besides the point since im talking stock vs stock. the gt is a pure drag car, a corner would be a nightmare for that thing..traction issues are also gonna hinder u from getting me from a dig.
oh now we back pedaling that its not blasphemous picking a mustang over a M3....yeah, though so
grin.gif
laugh.gif

It is stupid.

GT500 is a fast car, until a nightmare strikes... A corner. the bimmer is the much better overall car, less plastic, more leather, less brute force, more finesse. they're 2 diff worlds. GT=one trick pony

guess you didn't see da video where da gt500 is slaughtering corners huh....this ain't 1970 anymore, modern muscle can handle a curve.

not only is da shelby faster, stronger, and cheaper....

Shelby-GT500-Red-Stripe.jpg
2010_bmw_m3_3.jpg

its WAAAAAAY better looking...so you can front on NT all you want, in da real world da mustang is whats taking it.

i mean c'mon sir...you're getting a LOADED mustang with ALLLLLL da options VS a BASE M3 that you and I know BMW will NICKEL and DIME you on options.

you gotta pay 12 grand more to have what da shelby has for 50 grand.

so #FAIL for you.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

http://www.youtube.com/v/_YTYaB7fP-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/_YTYaB7fP-A&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/_YTYaB7fP-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/_YTYaB7fP-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&

son acting like picking this over a M3 is completely outta this world, shows how ignorant you are of da rich grand history of these muscle cars
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

99% of people shopping for an M3 aren't cross-shopping it with a Mustang.
and is that a SMART thing or a STUPID thing to do as far as shopping around for da best you can get for how much you paying?

From edmunds

From m3post

M3 coupe 6MT
Let's be serious...

And both the camaro and challenger is heavier. American Muscle FTW
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Lol this post is still alive? Ima take a m3 over a gt500 due to the simple fact that not only will a m3 keep up with a gt500 but it handle likes it on rails and if you factor in the cost of upkeep and compare it to the m3 it equals out dude to the fact that the parts use are high performance in the gt500.
indifferent.gif

are you serious bro? i hate old muscle cars but even i would take a GT500 over a M3 anyday. some of you know nothing about cars, you guys are just going by name, price, and leather. thats it.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

*AHEM*

laugh.gif

#FAIL for you sir

105oepf.jpg

It's funny, watching Ninjahood duck my post, son has nothing for my replies. You weak fam. Stop it. Nobody believes you and your car knowledge. Your cousin doesn't own a Charger, you've never rode in anything that didn't hold more than 30 passengers and you need to cancel your subscription to MotorTrend g.
all this grandstanding and da EVO IX was DISCONTINUED......
laugh.gif
da CURRENT EVO X is SLOWER then da SRT-8.....Shhhhhhh

you fail b.
wink.gif

i never said my cousin owned a charger, he owns a 330i

http://www.youtube.com/v/_YTYaB7fP-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/_YTYaB7fP-A&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/_YTYaB7fP-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/_YTYaB7fP-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&

son acting like picking this over a M3 is completely outta this world, shows how ignorant you are of da rich grand history of these muscle cars
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

and is that a SMART thing or a STUPID thing to do as far as shopping around for da best you can get for how much you paying?

I don't care if the GT500 had 1,200 horsepower and did 0-60 in 1.4 seconds, I would still take the M3 over it. Why? Because I like it better.

And that's all this broils down to - personal preference. Anyone who's truly an auto enthusiast can appreciate a vehicle for what it is, whether it's a Ford or Ferrari. Sadly, it seems like 99% of the people in this thread are fanboys.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

indifferent.gif

are you serious bro? i hate old muscle cars but even i would take a GT500 over a M3 anyday. some of you know nothing about cars, you guys are just going by name, price, and leather. thats it.
Dude, you made a topic about Toyota going bankrupt. Step your game up before you start criticizing others.
smile.gif

Sidebar, did Ninjahood just say the Evo IX got discontinued? Like discontinued like when the retro fad dies and the Charger gets discontinued? Word to the PT Cruiser's demise.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I don't care if the GT500 had 1,200 horsepower and did 0-60 in 1.4 seconds, I would still take the M3 over it. Why? Because I like it better.

And that's all this broils down to - personal preference. Anyone who's truly an auto enthusiast can appreciate a vehicle for what it is, whether it's a Ford or Ferrari. Sadly, it seems like 99% of the people in this thread are fanboys.
Exactly the point i was trying to make a lot of pages ago. What i hate is people bashing that don't know what there bashing or don't know what the hell there talking about and base there argument over personal preference. I love American muscle and always will, i like a few select imports but in the end i will always be a muscle head.

Y'all _'s is dumb...seriously 
smh.gif

the 0-60 on the gt wasn't even a second faster..not even half a second. is that +%+@ even noticeable?

The gt is a nice car, 2-3k in mods will make it a monster on the track...M3 is way more versatile

this is like comparing formula 1 to nascar..

anyway, off to sleep i go
laugh.gif

at least your HONEST about your opinion that isn't rooted in anything involving cold hard stats/facts between da 2 cars...you like one car over another ACKNOWLEDGING

its inferior to da other one...alot more people in this thread AREN'T as honest
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

my question is WHY go OUT OF YOUR WAY to buy a car that not only is slower, but for what you get for a LOADED packaged ford with all da trimings you

would prefer to buy a BASE model M3 that EVERY SINGLE OPTION has to be purchased separately?  in which you end up paying another 12k just to be even with

da gt500? sounds like a waste of money to me.....

Y'all _'s is dumb...seriously 
smh.gif

the 0-60 on the gt wasn't even a second faster..not even half a second. is that +%+@ even noticeable?
you don't get it......if i have 50 grand

TOP trim gt500 >>>>>> base M3

and you can't even argue that point....them BMW cats with charge u extra for cupholders.
laugh.gif

Well, let's be honest, if the GT500 was this awe inspiring, amazing vehicle that Ninjahood and others claim it to be, than why has only 5,632 have been sold in 07 - 09? Hell, Ford never met it's original plan of making 6000, why? Not enough demand. Over at the M camp, in 2008, almost 18k M3 were sold, and it's priced higher than the Shelby too. So tell me, how does a car, that cost more, have less HP sell 3x as many vehicles? Like said earlier, if your in that 50k range, your not checking for a FORD, period.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

*AHEM*

laugh.gif

#FAIL for you sir

105oepf.jpg

all this grandstanding and da EVO IX was DISCONTINUED......
laugh.gif
da CURRENT EVO X is SLOWER then da SRT-8.....Shhhhhhh

you fail b.
wink.gif

i never said my cousin owned a charger, he owns a 330i
eyes.gif

MSRP: $31,093
0-60: 4.6secs
Quarter Mile: 13.4secs @102mph

I await your excuses...

@BillyHoyle lol why the stoneface I'm just stating my preference and to jump and say I know nothing about cars I've actually owned a 1989 mustang 5.0 25th edition with the white top and interior of which I've had bored out to a 305 with long tube headers and full 3 and 1/2 inch piping and a t5 ****** which I loved. So I'm not you typical NT American muscle car hater. So fall back. And even I know myself that a gt500 with it's base suspension will not keep up with a m3 in the corners so therefore I would choose an m3 because I'm more into handling than going in a straight line like my old mustang.

Yall are constantly comparing apples to oranges

Evos are Ralley cars that are street legal. Mitsubishi races Evos in Ralleys!!!

BMW are luxury cars as in style and comfort over performance so equaling performing car will cost more

GT500 is a overweight mess because its Iron block. The GT is better price per performance

lol all this beef btw domestic and import. who's to say in the future domestic car companies will still be here? Let alone the presidents and CEOs American born?  I know that it's off topic but u cannot deny it. First Oldsmobile went extinct.(yeah I didn't mention Eagle but hey they don't count lol) Then Plymouth. And now Pontiac and Saturn are next to go. I honestly think the future for American car makers will be in serious trouble.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by Munfy

I only plan to keep it for 4 maybe 5 yrs.. the hell do i care about a warranty after that?  I don't care about depreciation either, that's only for folks who penny pinch every dollar they spend..if i lived like that, i'd never enjoy life. You think people who own lambo's and ferrari's are worried about depreciation?

Are you serious? My boss has an 05 360 as one of his toys and one of his ferrari buddys that stops by just got a 430 this past summer. They are smart people and would not be buying if they depreciated that much, sure they depricate but it's not like they are not worried about it. There is a reason they are able to afford vehicals like this and it's because they do not spend excessively, they were smart with their money. My neighbor got lucky and picked up an 05 GT back when they came out for sticker. That thing has apperacited over the years and he is just sitting on it. He does drive it though, very exciting ride with that super charger whining at WOT right behind your head.
The carrera GT and original GT40 were the only supercars that appreciated 2 years ago. Let me give u an example of my neighbor.....he has a regular phantom and just bought a drophead. He has a 360 and 2 bentely arnages.....all of them except for the drophead are no where near their original price. Regular supercars(360, 430, gallardo, murcielagos) have ALL depreciated. Hypercars(veyron, f50, carrera Gt, SLR, Enzo) have also depreciated with the exception of some(F50, Carrera GT). The only cars that kind of appreciated have been the classic supercars and hypercars( Diablos, F40, F50)

Also, just a little fact. The Carrera GT is not supercharged. It's a NA V10.

The Carrera GT can be picked up for low 300K. That's depreciation. He was getting offers from 175,000-190,000 the first two years of ownership but I'm sure the buzz about the GT has gone down so it probably is lower than sticker. But for Monday to say they are not worried? That's insane. Did you think I was talking about the Carrera GT? I was talking about the Ford GT which is super charged. And yes the small displacement V-10 in the Carrera does sound sick at 8,000 rpm.
pimp.gif
The Mopar muscle cars have really appreciated over the years, I'm glad I picked one up before the big jump in prices. Since I have had my particular model it has appreciated nearly 50% from what I paid, it was a good investment for me.
pimp.gif
I know were talking about supercars but still, if one would want an A12 road runner or basically any HEMI car, get ready to pay 120K to one point something million. All the cars were about 3k when they came out in the late 60's, early 70's.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

lol all this beef btw domestic and import. who's to say in the future domestic car companies will still be here? Let alone the presidents and CEOs American born?  I know that it's off topic but u cannot deny it. First Oldsmobile went extinct.(yeah I didn't mention Eagle but hey they don't count lol) Then Plymouth. And now Pontiac and Saturn are next to go. I honestly think the future for American car makers will be in serious trouble.
pontiac g8
pimp.gif

wouldn't buy one though

it obviously starts from da import people calling da american cars garbage when it couldn't be any further from da truth.....

Back
Top Bottom