Stacked teams forgotten in history --- vol. couldnt get it done

Originally Posted by JoeClear

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

PMatic wrote:
2004-2005 Indiana Pacers

Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Reggie Miller, Stephen Jackson, Jamaal Tinsley, etc.

I still maintain till this day if it wasn't for the fight, they would have won the championship that year.

People keep telling me this but I don't think they would have gotten past the PISTONS that year.

They would've beat the Pistons, the Pacers team that was left played hard before they got eliminated

And they had already beat the Pistons a couple times during the regular season if I remember correctly. I remember in the game when the brawl happened Al Harrington was killing Big Ben and I think he used to come off the bench.

Originally Posted by JoeClear

PMatic wrote:
2004-2005 Indiana Pacers

Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Reggie Miller, Stephen Jackson, Jamaal Tinsley, etc.

I still maintain till this day if it wasn't for the fight, they would have won the championship that year.

People keep telling me this but I don't think they would have gotten past the PISTONS that year.

They would've beat the Pistons, the Pacers team that was left played hard before they got eliminated

And they had already beat the Pistons a couple times during the regular season if I remember correctly. I remember in the game when the brawl happened Al Harrington was killing Big Ben and I think he used to come off the bench.

2003-2004 Colorado Avalanche...Sakic, Tanguay, Hedjuk, Forsberg, Kariya, Selanne, Blake, Foote.
This team was absolutely amazing on paper, but Kariya and Selanne underperformed and Forsberg missed a lot of time that year.
2005-2006 Ottawa Senators. If Hasek didn't go out with an injury theres no way this team would have lost.
2004-2005 Phoenix Suns- Nash, Q Rich, Joe Johnson, Amare, Marion. Other Suns teams could be included but Amare averaged 26 a game that year and Marion had what was probably his best season.

and I know its been mentioned already but the 1995 Cleveland Indians were loaded...Belle, Ramirez, Thome, Vizquel, Lofton...and of course they finished 100-44 which is one of the better records in recent memory. The old Mariners teams with Martinez, Buhner, Griffey, A Rod, and Randy Johnson have to be up there too. I'm surprised they could only manage 1 playoff series win with all that talent.

2003-2004 Colorado Avalanche...Sakic, Tanguay, Hedjuk, Forsberg, Kariya, Selanne, Blake, Foote.
This team was absolutely amazing on paper, but Kariya and Selanne underperformed and Forsberg missed a lot of time that year.
2005-2006 Ottawa Senators. If Hasek didn't go out with an injury theres no way this team would have lost.
2004-2005 Phoenix Suns- Nash, Q Rich, Joe Johnson, Amare, Marion. Other Suns teams could be included but Amare averaged 26 a game that year and Marion had what was probably his best season.

and I know its been mentioned already but the 1995 Cleveland Indians were loaded...Belle, Ramirez, Thome, Vizquel, Lofton...and of course they finished 100-44 which is one of the better records in recent memory. The old Mariners teams with Martinez, Buhner, Griffey, A Rod, and Randy Johnson have to be up there too. I'm surprised they could only manage 1 playoff series win with all that talent.

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure he was in Buffalo by then. Roy also retired the year before that too, it would have been crazy if they still had him although Aebischer had a pretty good season. The problem was that they couldn't score, I don't even think Selanne and Kariya had 30 goals combined. Then of course they both had huge years in 05 06 after the lockout.

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure he was in Buffalo by then. Roy also retired the year before that too, it would have been crazy if they still had him although Aebischer had a pretty good season. The problem was that they couldn't score, I don't even think Selanne and Kariya had 30 goals combined. Then of course they both had huge years in 05 06 after the lockout.

Can we do college teams?

'03-'04 Duke Final Four team (No Bias)
Sheldon
Deng
Duhon
Ewing
Dockery
Redick
Randolph

'06 LSU Football was a loaded team as well
Dorsey
Bowe
Landry
Russell
Doucet
Hester
Highsmith
Steltz
Lafell

Can we do college teams?

'03-'04 Duke Final Four team (No Bias)
Sheldon
Deng
Duhon
Ewing
Dockery
Redick
Randolph

'06 LSU Football was a loaded team as well
Dorsey
Bowe
Landry
Russell
Doucet
Hester
Highsmith
Steltz
Lafell

Okay, so I'm biased but here are my 3 teams...

2004-05 Suns...lost to the Spurs in the Conference Finals...could never get over the hump
grin.gif

2003 Kansas City Chiefs...Dante Hall, Priest Holmes, Trent Green...started out the season 9-0...finished the season 4-4
tired.gif

Lastly...1996-97 Kansas Jayhawks Basketball...4 of the 5 starters played in the NBA (Jacque Vaughn, Paul Pierce, Reaf LaFrentz, Scot Pollard)...had only 1 loss during the regular season, then got upset by Arizona in the Sweet 16...cried sooo much that night...I was like 6
laugh.gif

Okay, so I'm biased but here are my 3 teams...

2004-05 Suns...lost to the Spurs in the Conference Finals...could never get over the hump
grin.gif

2003 Kansas City Chiefs...Dante Hall, Priest Holmes, Trent Green...started out the season 9-0...finished the season 4-4
tired.gif

Lastly...1996-97 Kansas Jayhawks Basketball...4 of the 5 starters played in the NBA (Jacque Vaughn, Paul Pierce, Reaf LaFrentz, Scot Pollard)...had only 1 loss during the regular season, then got upset by Arizona in the Sweet 16...cried sooo much that night...I was like 6
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

1999-00 Portland Trailblazers 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
- Pippen, JO, Schrempf, Sabonis, Smitty, Stoudamire, Wallace, Bonzi, Brian Grant (by far the greatest playoff series during the WCF against the also stacked Lakers)

Them boys was so nasty on NBA 2K.  I burnt out my Dreamcast lens behind that team.

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

1999-00 Portland Trailblazers 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
- Pippen, JO, Schrempf, Sabonis, Smitty, Stoudamire, Wallace, Bonzi, Brian Grant (by far the greatest playoff series during the WCF against the also stacked Lakers)

Them boys was so nasty on NBA 2K.  I burnt out my Dreamcast lens behind that team.

'94 Expos

Pedro Marinez
John Wetteland
Wil Codero
Moises Alou
Larry Walker
Marquis Grissom
Rondell White

What could have been without the Baseball Strike.
tired.gif

'94 Expos

Pedro Marinez
John Wetteland
Wil Codero
Moises Alou
Larry Walker
Marquis Grissom
Rondell White

tired.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

'94 Expos

Pedro Marinez
John Wetteland
Wil Codero
Moises Alou
Larry Walker
Marquis Grissom
Rondell White

tired.gif
I was about to write this. Can you name them since the strike kept them from playing though? That was a hell of a team. I'm a Sox fan and a lot of people blame our owner for costing them a ring back then. Everyone forgot that Expos team.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

'94 Expos

Pedro Marinez
John Wetteland
Wil Codero
Moises Alou
Larry Walker
Marquis Grissom
Rondell White

tired.gif
I was about to write this. Can you name them since the strike kept them from playing though? That was a hell of a team. I'm a Sox fan and a lot of people blame our owner for costing them a ring back then. Everyone forgot that Expos team.

PMatic wrote:
2004-2005 Indiana Pacers

did you not watch the malice in the palace game?

they were blowing the pistons out by 20

thats why the whole fight started,the pistons were frustrated.

indiana had just as good a defense as detroit,but they had a better offense

PMatic wrote:
2004-2005 Indiana Pacers

PMatic wrote:
2004-2005 Indiana Pacers

PMatic wrote:
2004-2005 Indiana Pacers

PMatic wrote:
2004-2005 Indiana Pacers

Back
Top Bottom