Staple x Converse “Pigeonâ€

Yo!
What do you guys think about this release? I kinda got them because they had the pigeon on them. But they are very nice shoes too imo. Nice materials and lovethe colorway.

Talk about beating an idea to death. It's such a shame they're still running with that concept since they put so much thought and creativity into theirclothing/projects.

i think they're great-looking shoes.

2r3ig49.jpg

I was at Reed Space the day it dropped. They were expecting cats to camp out for these. Not a soul on line or in the store. Sorry Jeff.

yes. nobody camped in hawaii either and i would think that people who wanted them to wear got theirs easily while resellers get stuck with a shoe that theydon't want and can't sell. sounds good to me
happy.gif

Originally Posted by SortaNew2Retro

Talk about beating an idea to death.
Truth.

First the Dunks, then the NBs, now these...

I'd say that I'm interested to see if they do something with Saucony or Asics, but that would mean that I'd likely be looking forward to overpayingfor an idea that's been done... and done.... and done.

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

Originally Posted by SortaNew2Retro

Talk about beating an idea to death.
Truth.

First the Dunks, then the NBs, now these...

I'd say that I'm interested to see if they do something with Saucony or Asics, but that would mean that I'd likely be looking forward to overpaying for an idea that's been done... and done.... and done.
Whats the big deal? Its only three shoes and its become the staple color for them (no pun intended). This is no different than Nike putting outpacks, or stash using the same color for AM95s, Af1s, etc. Heck even Jordan with their blk/white/red. Its a sweet colorway imo, though I'm not big on theshoe used.

^ It's not a big deal at all.

Much like everything else in this world, some people will like 'em, some people will find fault with 'em. I'm just saying that I, personally, getbored with seeing the same colorway used over and over and over again, and that goes for Staple as well as your aforementioned Stash collabs, Nike packs, etc.

Take Alife, for example.

From the "Monster" GL III (whatever they're called, I'm talking about those green joints with the eyeball lace locks) to the tennis ballCourt Victory to their most recent project with New Balance, you can pretty much count on something new from those guys every time. When you hear about aStaple x blahblahblah collab, you've got a good idea of what you'll be seeing.

Like I said, just my opinion. Those who like 'em, I'm glad there wasn't a mad rush on these and you could get your hands on 'em.

BTW, what was retail for those? Insanely-priced or pretty decent?

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

BTW, what was retail for those? Insanely-priced or pretty decent?

i think retail was around a hundred but i got my pair for alot less. i had the dunks but sold them to make some nice cash. aside from the repetitive designtheme, i actually like these converse as a decent casual shoe.

actually like the shoe..think thee alot better than the NB's think retail is $100 or $110....if i see them for less ill pick them up

Whats the price on these? I saw some on ebay going for like 240 and stuff. Also, how do they run? Do you have to go a size down like chucks?

Don't go size down.. For me they are true to size. I bought them from colette for 130 euros :S.. 100 dollars sounds like a good deal in my perspective.

very slick.

The Pigeon CW is STPL's, like it not, they're going to use it. And good for them. Jeff has the big picture in mind and is just branding. The CW isiconic, legendary, and beautiful. Do your thing.

It's far from laziness.

I usually prefer to avoid these type of collabs just because of the price associated with them, but I like these.

I'm gonna guess they've sold out and aren't available for anywhere near retail anymore though? If not, is it possible to pick them up in an 11/11.5anywhere?

I like, but I thought I read they were really limited? I would get, but I don't camp out or go out of my way much for shoes. And what's retail onthese?

easy pass. not bad, but the pigeon CW just doesn't do it for me. if people like these i would buy them while you can. i have a feeling people who like themwill sleep on them and regret it when they're all sold and it's hard to find a DS pair.

Back
Top Bottom