STAR TREK: DISCOVERY-NEW TV Series - Renewed for a 2nd Season - Picard

Dorn explains, "since Worf opened his big mouth and said, 'This is what we have to do,' then they [The Klingon Empire] say, 'Okay, then you’re the guy that has to go out to all these worlds.' And every world is different. Some worlds are rebelling. Some worlds want to be part of the Klingon Empire. Some worlds want to be independent. And so every episode is that."
No longer a Starfleet officer, Worf would be a Captain of his own ship, part of the Klingon Defense ForceDorn intends for the series to be "Shakespearean in its scope. There’s assassinations and coups and behind-the-scenes politics going on."

:pimp: Hope it happens as unlikely as it may be.

I'm just glad Discovery is going to be staying in the future timeline. Makes the series so much more interesting.

Last thing I wanted was for them to go back to the pre-TOS timeline.

Anson Mount (Captain Pike)
Rebecca Romijn (Number One)
Ethan Peck (Science Officer Spock).
Babs Olusanmokun (Black Mirror, Dune)
Christina Chong (Tom and Jerry, Black Mirror)
Celia Rose Gooding (Jagged Little Pill)
Jess Bush (Skinford, Les Norton)
Melissa Navia (Dietland, Billions)

🔥 :nthat:

Real talk I don't like the design of Saru's people and am ok if he stays out the way.
Word. They look sick especially on top of the extra skinny actors they get to play that race.

I am a bit of a hypocrite though cuz I always prefer it for sci-fi to always depict aliens as the most alien looking as possible. When they look like humans with a different skin tone or a 3rd eye (or even bipedal) it just feels wildly unimaginative to me that the one aliens that make contact look like us (for stories in that vain).

Yeah same here, always asking how are most races in charge basically humanoid? But **** it, i'm just being contrarian, keep it human looking. No one trying to watch no slimy monster looking love story. They can probably get the balance right one day, this one just sucked with all those curves and holes and hind legs.

Really wish The Lower Decks was a bit more serious. I get they're going for the Rick and Morty crowd, but they could do a lot of interesting things with it being animated.

I hope reboot. Not that I dislike the current franchise, just felt like it was getting stale, but then again there's always a possibility for a turnaroud like OG Trek movies.

Man probably never imagined he'd still be playing this role all these decades later.

Back
Top Bottom