STAR TREK: DISCOVERY-NEW TV Series - Renewed for a 2nd Season - Picard

So hear me out: you know occasionally they have those future Federation guys turn up to fix the timeline? My idea is TIME TREK - a sort of hybrid of Star Trek and Dr Who in that they can go anywhere in the universe so you can insert them into the best storylines of TOS, TNG, Voyager...

A few days after I had that idea I was telling my son - and I laughed and said it would be great to see them just walk behind Kirk/Spock while he was watching DS9 - “you’re going to like this” - and that Tribbles episode was great.

So basically like that episode every week.

Yeah that was pretty good, got me with the stranger out of time/space type of **** I like. Def got some og elements too like underutilized from past treks, got morn out here with a blaster.

🔥

Wait they wanted to do a Sisko show with no Jake?
Yeah, crazy if what I'm reading is true.

I'm guessing they wanted to send Sisko off on some journey/mission like they did Picard with only a few DS9 cameos like Picard.

I'm not entirely surprised. I know some didn't care for Jake and that whole dynamic in the realm of his ppl hated Wesley Crusher.

Also Jake should be a grown *** man with a family by now.

Been binging and caught up today.

Random thoughts. The klingons looked weird when they all started growing their hair again.

Philippa Georgiou is such a great character. Mean, violent, always plotting, but sexy AF. The way she talks to people, you never know if she's gonna use them for sex or for a part of a plan or both. She seems to like Nhan and I thought they were gonna make out in the elevator. But this past episode you can already tell people getting tired of her crap. I can see people reaching their limits and a group of them pushing her to the ground and stomping on her like stormfront in The Boys.

When she said she was waiting so long for them I was expecting her to say something longer than a year. :lol:

Also they dumb for leaving that scoundrel carrier alive. Actor also played a jackass on Hell On Wheels. he gonna make them regret it like when dwight schrute was left alive.

Yeah you just know they left him so he can be the recurring future villain. I remember as the Alex Jones type from Homeland. Starfleet full of **** with that non violence stuff, they hired and gave rank to probably the most ruthless person ever and keep it secret then get mad when she does ruthless ****. FOH.

Yeah, everyone adheres strictly to the federation rules and being better than the bad guys but I need to see it bite them in the butt more severely and frequently. Kinda open their eyes that Philippa is right sometimes even though she is a psychopath.

Wonder what they setting up to be wrong with Detmer. Maybe her cybernetic mods is acting up like when you drop electronics on the ground.

Anyway I know we don't get many episodes but would like to see other characters get some shine and focus like Detmer and other people on the bridge. Really liked the episode last season with Airiam. We got a little glimpse of who she was.

Been binging and caught up today.

Random thoughts. The klingons looked weird when they all started growing their hair again.

Philippa Georgiou is such a great character. Mean, violent, always plotting, but sexy AF. The way she talks to people, you never know if she's gonna use them for sex or for a part of a plan or both. She seems to like Nhan and I thought they were gonna make out in the elevator. But this past episode you can already tell people getting tired of her crap. I can see people reaching their limits and a group of them pushing her to the ground and stomping on her like stormfront in The Boys.
Total cosign. Love Philippa. Had honestly forgot about her taking the trip to the future too. Especially with those spinoff rumors.

Kinda crazy to me the franchise is now making a character from the mirror universe crossover and remain a mainstay like this. Should've did this for a TNG movie.
When she said she was waiting so long for them I was expecting her to say something longer than a year. :lol:

Also they dumb for leaving that scoundrel carrier alive. Actor also played a jackass on Hell On Wheels. he gonna make them regret it like when dwight schrute was left alive.
Word. Really thought it'd be much longer.

What was really disappointing is that local alien in the bar saw all his mans get murdered by that guy and his goons and he lets them live too!

I'm really liking this season so far. Definitely interested in seeing more of the new tech that has developed since the 24th century.

Loving all the references to the old series. Glad to see Voyager is up to -J lol. I also peeped the USS NOG when they were pulling into the starbase. RIP Aron Eisenberg.

The previous episode dealing with what remains of the Trill was good as well. Dax was always an interesting character.

Always love going to the Mirror universe.

Wonder if that mysterious Carl guy is a Q.

They way they're painting the Terrans during the OG era is a bit different than from other instances. They come off way more like Kilgnons with the qhole wanting to die in battle. They still have the worst traits of the Cardassians and Romulans but they seem more Klignon like so far.

Dope season for Star Trek Discovery :pimp:

The finale nicely wrapped things altogether.

With Burnham as captain now I want them to ramp things up in s4. Need me an enemy like Khan and the Borg.

The more I think about it...

How the hell does a 5 year old Kelpien who's genetics somehow fused with the dilithium planet they crashed on, and living in a holodeck getting scared of some holomonster, screams, and causes nearly the entire galaxy's dilithium to go boom at once within milliseconds over millions of lightyears???

The more I think about it...

How the hell does a 5 year old Kelpien who's genetics somehow fused with the dilithium planet they crashed on, and living in a holodeck getting scared of some holomonster, screams, and causes nearly the entire galaxy's dilithium to go boom at once within milliseconds over millions of lightyears???
They explained a bit more in the finale (I think it was then).

The whole warp drive and dilithium that powers is connected to subspace. So they theorized that his DNA wasn't just genetically changed by dilithium but also genetically mixed up with subspace.

Now with Star Trek we know subspace is the damn reason and answer for a lot of the sci-fi stuff. Sub-space is what allows them to travel faster than light via the warp drive.

So as far as the kelpien, his emotions were connected to the outburst of dilithium and since he was also connected to sub-space and living on that weird dilithium planet that's what allowed his reaction to travel across most of the galaxy and blow up most of it.

By removing him from that place there was no longer a threat of another Burn.

Of course this is all a made up science

Back
Top Bottom