Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So question I might of lost it a little in this trilogy. Rey was using Luke’s lightsaber right in the beginning. Why wasn’t it green? Cause he had the green when he was training Leia. Anakin’s old one was the one that snapped in half in TLJ.

Also, interesting that they just dropped two new lightsabers at Galaxys Edge.

3E6C2B12-6960-4237-83D9-862B9555774A.jpeg

B1803241-A034-4011-A1C3-4A8BDA8BCE24.jpeg

confused by the ben solo. both as a matter of fact. reforged doesn’t look how it looked if they’re referring to the end of the movie

Seems like the film will unite the fandom to respectable debate levels again..

The discussions I've seen feel akin to how people debated the OT versus PT in this era..

So question I might of lost it a little in this trilogy. Rey was using Luke’s lightsaber right in the beginning. Why wasn’t it green? Cause he had the green when he was training Leia. Anakin’s old one was the one that snapped in half in TLJ.

She was using the one that Luke lost with his hand during Bespin. Not Luke's green ROTJ one.

She was using the one that Luke lost with his hand during Bespin. Not Luke's green ROTJ one.
oh ok she must of repaired it after TLJ. And I agree The twin suns was of course the way this saga was going to end especially with JJ back

Does anyone know what was happening to the star destroyers in the other planets like Endor, Jakku, Cloud city, etc. when they destroyed the sith fleet. It look like they just started malfunctioning and crashed after the main fleet was defeated

Last edited:
Does anyone what was happening to the star destroyers in the other planets like Endor, Jakku, etc when they destroyed the sith fleet. Did they just start malfunctioning and crash after th main fleet was defeated?

they’re probably just going to use these as part of the new threat for the next trilogy/TV show. “Oh they just went into hiding on some outer planet for 20 years” Star Wars loves to ignore destruction/surrender of Imperial troops

can someone explain how that even happens? I understand going into hiding, but how do you build/get the resources for giant armadas and conscript hundreds of thousands of troops over several decades without ANYONE in an entire galaxy noticing

Last edited:
Does anyone know what was happening to the star destroyers in the other planets like Endor, Jakku, Cloud city, etc. when they destroyed the sith fleet. It look like they just started malfunctioning and crashed after the main fleet was defeated

The way they were destroyed looked like they got hit with the Holdo Maneuver:lol:

A move that should've been coined Ackbar's Sacrifice instead,lol

lol idk if I loved it, might need to sit on it for a bit.

But I will say after the travesty of The Last Jedi, this definitely redeemed itself from all that. Well done JJ.

the reviews on reddit for this movie are just like the last one lol
theres about 2,000 people who gave it a 1 out of 10 and 2,000 people who gave it a 10 out of 10.

one guy ranked it as the second best film of all the star wars films

another guy said
"Its like if you went to someone's house for dinner and told them the potato salad was good, then a year later they broke into your house, tied you up, and kept stuffing your face with potato salad"

It must have went over my head, but how the hell is Rey a Palpetine?
Having trouble visioning Palpetine having a son and that not being any major part of the storyline

I didn't read any of the earlier spoilers, but did they really have a test screening where they blew up the Falcon with Lando, Chewie, Leia and Threepio in it?!

It must have went over my head, but how the hell is Rey a Palpetine?
Having trouble visioning Palpetine having a son and that not being any major part of the storyline

Dude was like 60 during TPM so him having a son sometime during his life wasn't out of the realm of possibility. Dude was dabbling into sith secrets while climbing the ranks as a politician. I'm sure young Palps was out there wildin' with that chrome yacht of his. You seen the kind of chicks they got on Naboo? :evil:

they’re probably just going to use these as part of the new threat for the next trilogy/TV show. “Oh they just went into hiding on some outer planet for 20 years” Star Wars loves to ignore destruction/surrender of Imperial troops

can someone explain how that even happens? I understand going into hiding, but how do you build/get the resources for giant armadas and conscript hundreds of thousands of troops over several decades without ANYONE in an entire galaxy noticing

It doesn't count now, but EU wise Palpatine ALWAYS had hidden resources all over the Galaxy.

There was Thrawn in the unknown regions, Dalaa in the Maw installation, his cloning facilities, even the missing Dreadnaught fleet.

My guess, they used a similar idea here and he basically had unlimited resources on a planet not on any maps.

Just how I grasped it.

Dude was like 60 during TPM so him having a son sometime during his life wasn't out of the realm of possibility. Dude was dabbling into sith secrets while climbing the ranks as a politician. I'm sure young Palps was out there wildin' with that chrome yacht of his. You seen the kind of chicks they got on Naboo? :evil:

Clones.

If you buy into the theory he could have had Anakin created, he may have done the same with his own child(ren)

Just like how he created Snoke.

the reviews on reddit for this movie are just like the last one lol
theres about 2,000 people who gave it a 1 out of 10 and 2,000 people who gave it a 10 out of 10.

one guy ranked it as the second best film of all the star wars films

another guy said
"Its like if you went to someone's house for dinner and told them the potato salad was good, then a year later they broke into your house, tied you up, and kept stuffing your face with potato salad"

that’s why I only like reading reviews on NT. Too many racist and sexist trolls out there giving anything with minorities 0/10, and too many easily impressed simple people giving anything that’s not complete garbage 9-10/10

The way they were destroyed looked like they got hit with the Holdo Maneuver:lol:

A move that should've been coined Ackbar's Sacrifice instead,lol

Did you catch how Poe said "that's a one in a million shot"? JJ absolutely read this thread. :lol:

It doesn't count now, but EU wise Palpatine ALWAYS had hidden resources all over the Galaxy.

There was Thrawn in the unknown regions, Dallas in the Maw installation, his cloning facilities, even the missing Dreadnaught fleet.

My guess, they used a similar idea here and he basically had unlimited resources on a planet not on any maps.

Just how I grasped it.

got it, thanks for the explanation. I still don’t see how all those hundreds thousands of troops in the First Order could’ve been recruited/forced into it without no one in the galaxy noticing, but I guess massive suspension of disbelief is required.

One thing I liked about the prequels is that they showed how the Empire was legally formed, and it answered my question from the OT (how did the Empire and its massive army even get formed in such a massive galaxy full of people who would be against it)

got it, thanks for the explanation. I still don’t see how all those hundreds thousands of troops in the First Order could’ve been recruited/forced into it without no one in the galaxy noticing, but I guess massive suspension of disbelief is required.

You aren't wrong. But I aslo feel like there'll be a lot of tie-ins coming down the pipeline for this movie to fill in a lot of the gaps. It sucks the movie couldn't delve into them itself but it is what it is.

Rey/Kylo duel was on point. Not quite top of the pyramid with Vader/Luke 2 or Anakin/obi or maul but legit. I had low expectations but I was excited. And kylo was washing her finally until Leia

Rey/Kylo duel was on point. Not quite top of the pyramid with Vader/Luke 2 or Anakin/obi or maul but legit. I had low expectations but I was excited. And kylo was washing her finally until Leia

I peeped the leak of the duel because I’m terrible at waiting. Very meh choreography. It also sounded like there wasn’t much of a score to go along with it.

At least it wasn’t edited as badly as the TFA duel though.

The Knights of Ren washing was :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom