Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
got it, thanks for the explanation. I still don’t see how all those hundreds thousands of troops in the First Order could’ve been recruited/forced into it without no one in the galaxy noticing, but I guess massive suspension of disbelief is required.

One thing I liked about the prequels is that they showed how the Empire was legally formed, and it answered my question from the OT (how did the Empire and its massive army even get formed in such a massive galaxy full of people who would be against it)
Everyday dozens of children are kidnapped and made in to child soldiers with usually only immediate family noticing. Nobody does if it's in the process of a village/town being attacked/bombed.

Everyday dozens of young girls are abducted and are sex trafficked.

Everyday children just go missing with no idea of how.

That's just on a planetary scale here on earth.

Put that on a galactic scale and add in Star Wars never really had space cops or an established authority that routinely polices space outside of the Empire and it's plausible how he created an army of orphan storm troopers.

The supplies and getting resources to an untapped planet to build weapons is actually more of a stretch.

Last edited:
Same leak had Palpatine shooting lightening into the sky and destroying ships. Wouldn't be surprised if that scene is on the cutting room floor.
i wouldnt be surprised if all that stuff is on the dvd as deleted scenes. the leak was pretty accurate except for stuff that they probably reshot. also probably have two alternate endings to drive up dvd sales

This here is complete lulz. Unless you're 12.

this entire movie was made for 12 year olds who stan the MCU.

Not to mention all the reaches

justifying Palpatine returning because “the dark side is unnatural”

Chewbacca dies
“Lol jk it was actually a different ship”

C-3PO memory wipe
“Lol jk R2 can back everything up”

Kylo gets stabbed through the stomach
“lol jk Rey has healing powers”

Rey dies
“Lol jk now Kylo has those powers too!”

Just way too many of those moments while trying to force a story that is reddit fan fiction tier

Chewbacca dies

C-3PO memory wipe

Rey dies

Just way too many of those moments while trying to force a story that is reddit fan fiction tier

But Jar Jar, 8 year old boys, and Roger Roger droids were better. 👍

Everyday dozens of children are kidnapped and made in to child soldiers with usually only immediate family noticing. Nobody if it's in the process ofna village/town being attacked/bombed.

Everyday dozens of young girls are abducted and are sex trafficked.

Everyday children just go missing with no idea of how.

That's just on a planetary scale here on earth.

Put that on a galactic scale and add in Star Wars never really had space cops or an established authority that routinely polices space outside of the Empire and it's plausible how he created an army of orphan storm troopers.

The supplies and getting resources to an untapped planet to build weapons is actually more of a stretch.

There was a reference to increasing child collection as well. A couple of them actually.

Oh here we go. Prequel battle and in the middle CP arguing against them. People have opinions. You thought the last Jedi was great but this movie pretty much said screw that movie. Heck even Luke said himself he was stupid for hiding out on that planet

Oh here we go. Prequel battle and in the middle CP arguing against them. People have opinions. You thought the last Jedi was great but this movie pretty much said screw that movie. Heck even Luke said himself he was stupid for hiding out on that planet

It's not that. I'm ok if someone thinks RotS is better. I wouldn't fight or argue against that. I like that one.

Saying 1-2 are better? :lol: Even the prequel backers rank those two at the bottom. I believe you are included in that.

It's not that. I'm ok if someone thinks RotS is better. I wouldn't fight or argue against that. I like that one.

Saying 1-2 are better? :lol: Even the prequel backers rank those two at the bottom. I believe you are included in that.
you’re right and the last Jedi right down there with them. Heck 1 & 2 had better moments then the last Jedi. I like this movie But as a whole the prequels>sequels

Chewbacca dies

C-3PO memory wipe

Rey dies

ok that made me laugh 😂 because its true

they should have never brought back any og characters. should have just went with all new characters. then you wouldnt have a battle between generations of fans

so whos gonna be in the next star wars movie? baby yoda, ezra, rey and finn’s child?

make rey the damn villain this time. why we aint get no female sith in this trilogy?

Movie definitely had some issues but at least it redeemed itself from The Last Jedi.

Palpetine having kids was weird.

the fact that certain things were done only to be reversed minutes later irritated me for some reason. The repetition of that theme - Chewy dies, oh nvm. Kylo Ren dies, oh nvm. Rey dies, oh nvm.

edit: C3PO has his memories wiped. Oh nvm.

but of all the things, the one unforgivable act that I just couldn’t buy was the kiss at the end. Yes, the two had a connection but in absolutely no way did I ever sense any kind of romantic connection. It would have been so much more better had Ben Solo just died in Rey’s arms.

Things I did like tho:

JJ Abrams coming to coarse correct a lotthe Lightsaber tossing from Luke :lol:

say what you want, but when I seen that plus the little remark I instantly thought that was a jab at Ryan Johnson.

Chewy finally getting a medal :pimp:

Idk what it is, but I love Daisy Ridley.

also why wasnt palpatine the head of the first order in the first place?
Well, technically no one knew he was alive is my understanding.

So when he resurfaced and brought the biggest fleet with Destroyers with the power of the Death Star on them, he basically took power back.

Let's all remember the days when people were praising TFA for introducing light sabers that emitted a color glow.

Much simpler times.

Back
Top Bottom