• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tenor.gif
giphy.gif

i missed that what episode was he teased in? the one where they save the mandalorian as a kid?

The ending of the Chun Li episode.

I like how this vid shows the evidence, but you're free to be skeptical though. I know I was at first and still don't think this show needs him. But I'm trusting my sources on this one:lol:

Finally watched TRoS.

It was...better than TLJ for sure. But Rey being a Palpatine was so meh.

I need to understand how old is Palpatine and why is he seem to be the most powerful Sith? How did he get to the point of being the person pulling the strings in the background?

Possible hot take, but Palpatine sucks. Like the least interesting major sith since i've dived deeper. Like how you go from calm, calculating politician to weirdo, hammy cartoon witch in your disguise?

Finally watched TRoS.

It was...better than TLJ for sure. But Rey being a Palpatine was so meh.

I need to understand how old is Palpatine and why is he seem to be the most powerful Sith? How did he get to the point of being the person pulling the strings in the background?

Several theories, but one is, he loved clones obviously, he has a few of himself layin around, and when needed he can jump his Force/Soul from one body to another. He learned from Plageius who was also after that power of never being able to die. Bane-Rule of Two had similar abilities hundreds of years earlier.

He embraced the full on evil of the dark side and basked In it. I actually liked that dude was racking up so many Ws and was outsmarting so many that he just aint care no more and would go full on hammy with his dark aide shtick.

Cuz in real life who would ever seriously be convinced, manipulated, seduced, led astray, hoodwinked, cajoled, tempted by Palpatine/Darth Sidious? :lol: He must've been using mind tricks at all times when he's trying to recruit ppl.

Anyway, dude is just the epitome of patience, cunning, hatred, and cruelty

In ranking, he's like 2nd all time of successful Sith Lords.

Pretty much done and locked into place now at the box office.

Officially #14 domestically, right behind Rogue One.
Will pass Alladin today or tomorrow Internationally settling right behind Rogue One again. :lol:

Half a billion Domestic.
Half a billion International.

1.05 B overall.

4 of the Top 14 all time at #1, #9, #13, and #14. All since Dec 2015.

Now we wait and see what's next. :pimp:

You should probably say inflation helped. But it’s a little disappointing that it struggled to pass Joker and couldn’t pass rogue one which is a spin off. Hopefully Disney has learned with the next trilogy one director and have a set plan.

Pretty much done and locked into place now at the box office.

Officially #14 domestically, right behind Rogue One.
Will pass Alladin today or tomorrow Internationally settling right behind Rogue One again. :lol:

Half a billion Domestic.
Half a billion International.

1.05 B overall.

4 of the Top 14 all time at #1, #9, #13, and #14. All since Dec 2015.

Now we wait and see what's next. :pimp:
Those aren’t good numbers my guy, not sure why you’re trying to lead the hype train on this.

Currently rewatching the prequels to judge how much or how little I truly hate them

Phantom Menace starts off good. The excessive political infodump at the very beginning kind of throws you off but it does a good job of introducing a younger version of old Ben Kenobi and his master played by Liam Got Damn Neeson.

We get Palpatine in the very beginning and he immediately steals the show as a great villain. Who is this man who is so obviously the Emperor from the OT and how did he get to that point?

The hype the Jedi Knights have built in the OT is simultaneously built up and satisfyingly fulfilled as Obi Wan and Qui-Gonn put in work on the droids.

That's just my first impression of the very beginning tho

Those aren’t good numbers my guy, not sure why you’re trying to lead the hype train on this.

There are 46 movies in history that have made a billion dollars.

5 of them are Star Wars. 4 of them Disney.

There are over 500,000+ movies in history. (At best I found this number circa 2012)

Those are great numbers.

Currently rewatching the prequels to judge how much or how little I truly hate them

Phantom Menace starts off good. The excessive political infodump at the very beginning kind of throws you off but it does a good job of introducing a younger version of old Ben Kenobi and his master played by Liam Got Damn Neeson.

We get Palpatine in the very beginning and he immediately steals the show as a great villain. Who is this man who is so obviously the Emperor from the OT and how did he get to that point?

The hype the Jedi Knights have built in the OT is simultaneously built up and satisfyingly fulfilled as Obi Wan and Qui-Gonn put in work on the droids.

That's just my first impression of the very beginning tho

Should have smelled something was off from the opening crawl, "...the taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems in is dispute" :lol:

JJ finally topped it with his TROS crawl though.... "THE DEAD SPEAK!"

There are over 500,000+ movies in history. (At best I found this number circa 2012)

Those are great numbers.
but they’re really not. Like I get it it’s like you’re a secret Disney executive and they can do no wrong. A 40yr saga coming to an end and it can’t beat out a spin off. Put any Disney executive heck people in here and ask before the yr started which movie would make more captain marvel or Rise. Joker or rise. Or that it would barely out gross Aladdin. That’s disappointing numbers for the supposed end of the skywalker era. You know what never mind it’s like arguing with my 2yr and 1yr old with you

Those are great numbers.
maybe for any other company but not disney. you know they expected more and should have gotten more considering this being the final film of the saga.

maybe for any other company but not disney. you know they expected more and should have gotten more considering this being the final film of the saga.

Understood. But expectations are stupid. 1.05 vs 1.3 is basically EXPECTING this film to be Top 10, in history.

You expected Top 10 but got 36th. If that's a "fail" then people expect too damn much.

Disney paid 4 bill for this. We 5 years in and have seen 6+ billion just in the film's.

Still have merch, books, shows, cartoons, Disney+ and they still have many years to keep stackin. :lol:

It's absurd to say "fail" over a few extra slots. They still got A BILLION for the FOURTH time in 5 films. :rofl:

Other studios/franchises don't expect those kind of results and we're supposed to be down about this? Naw.

I'm happy everyone will leave now and they can just release content and not stress "You have to be Top 10 all time or you failed" type bs.

Some people never want to be wrong. I actually work for Disney. And I’m not bias and I can say that I bet you Disney expected this movie to make more. But hey they mad a billion. That’s pretty much expected out of big blockbusters like Star Wars theses days. It’s not good when each movie makes less then the previous ones. Don’t they teach you that. But hey you’re consistent just consistently trying to drive box office down our throats

Last edited:
Disney paid 4 bill for this. We 5 years in and have seen 6+ billion just in the film's.

CP I just want to check that when you say this, you don’t think Disney has already profited $2billion from the films right? I know we’ve had this talk before but I am never sure when you drop this factoid :lol:

CP I just want to check that when you say this, you don’t think Disney has already profited $2billion from the films right? I know we’ve had this talk before but I am never sure when you drop this factoid :lol:

Course not, I know we're speaking in grosses.

Why I mention all the other revenues but no way I can put dollars to them.

Back
Top Bottom