Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's ironic on several levels. Fox suggesting it given their future ****ups and George ****ing it up anyway.

I definitely did look differently @ Vader and after putting the first trilogy in to context I looked down on him more. Only video games, comics, and the legends stuff salvaged his reputation a bit.

On the other hand, it elevated the **** out of the emperor/Darth Sidious as one of the most evil fictional villains of all time.

I'll die on the hill if he'd just gone....

Ep 1, 18ish Anakin training under Obi-Wan, meeting Padme, Clone Wars begin.
Ep 2, couple years in, being manipulated/corrupted, turns, fights Obi, Padme runs, pregnant reveal at end.
Ep 3, Prime Vader, Boba Fett + other Bounty hunters, hunting down Jedi and washing them. Actual Vader vs Jedi fights, Fett vs Jedi etc. Yoda/Obi/kids hidden.

Much different franchise vibes. You coulda still had Maul early, Qwi-Gon just another Jedi, no stupid R2-3P0 nonsense, lot less Roger-Roger stuff, no baby Boba and they still woulda sold plenty of lunch boxes. Mace getting washed by Vader in a prime matchup, no flipping around Yoda stuff. (Or, if really liked that, could have kept fight vs Palps)

Ep 2, couple years in, being manipulated/corrupted, turns, fights Obi, Padme runs, pregnant reveal at end.
Ep 3, Prime Vader, Boba Fett + other Bounty hunters, hunting down Jedi and washing them. Actual Vader vs Jedi fights, Fett vs Jedi etc. Yoda/Obi/kids hidden.

Much different franchise vibes. You coulda still had Maul early, Qwi-Gon just another Jedi, no stupid R2-3P0 nonsense, lot less Roger-Roger stuff, no baby Boba and they still woulda sold plenty of lunch boxes. Mace getting washed by Vader in a prime matchup, no flipping around Yoda stuff. (Or, if really liked that, could have kept fight vs Palps)
Either way with what Fox was warning against it would destroy the mystique of Vader and that to them destroys the SW franchise.

7 would've been fine if it weren't 8 & 9. Especially 9

I totally agree and I've always said 7 doesn't get looked upon fondly anymore because of how it's just tied to Episode 8. And 9 is just the anchor that just drags them all down because of it. I will say, I actually quite enjoyed 9 as a standalone movie though:lol:

Episode 7 is still just a major rehash movie. Gets no praise from me.

JJ really should've made episode 9 a 3hr-210min movie.

Last edited:

preachin to the choir right here, man.

also the what-coulda-been if leo dicaprio took lucas' offer for the role of anakin.

but maaan....for 20 years, ive really wanted that prime vader movie....and all we got was just that one hallway scene in rogue one ugh :smh:

Episode 7 is still just a major rehash movie. Gets no praise from me.

JJ really should've made episode 9 a 3hr-210min movie.
Only one thing could have saved 9 and it’s nothing JJ could have done

1605731558827.jpeg

Only one thing could have saved 9 and it’s nothing JJ could have done

1605731558827.jpeg
I know :lol: I know but I'm thinking at the very least if the movie was longer like Endgame or even Lord of the Rings it could give the writers and JJ enough time to flesh out and develop characters and do what should've been done in TLJ. Even incorporate some of the stuff Trevorrow planned.

It truly is crazy how much TLJ crippled that trilogy. No character development, no plot progression, etc. Legit kept characters in two settings, same place over a short time. Insane.

I know :lol: I know but I'm thinking at the very least if the movie was longer like Endgame or even Lord of the Rings it could give the writers and JJ enough time to flesh out and develop characters and do what should've been done in TLJ. Even incorporate some of the stuff Trevorrow planned.

It truly is crazy how much TLJ crippled that trilogy. No character development, no plot progression, etc. Legit kept characters in two settings, same place over a short time. Insane.
It’s crazy that the script TLJ moved anywhere past someone’s hard drive.

So.......Dark Troopers eh? :wow:

I'm not 100% sure, but Faverau and Filoni using all levels of lore to rebuild Star Wars? :nerd:

It's starting to feel like it. Cloning has been used for decades in stories and they just made a major move today. I hope it leads to somethin even bigger.

Wonder if Boba in ep 1 was a hint to it.

All I'm saying is that if you want to talk more about Mando, that's where we're having the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom