Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its actually one of ILMs visual effects guys that pitched the idea for Rogue One

Dont know why they lied in the article then.

Said George and Rick McCallum did over 50 scripts for Underworld and then while KK was going through them after the sale one of the scripts was used to make Rogue One.

Dont know why they lied in the article then.

Said George and Rick McCallum did over 50 scripts for Underworld and then while KK was going through them after the sale one of the scripts was used to make Rogue One.
Probably just got some facts mixed up. He pitched it first for underworld and then pitched it again to Kathy when they were starting up the anthologies

Benoiff and Weiss are still on board to direct a Star Wars film? I thought they were removed from the project?

Benoiff and Weiss are still on board to direct a Star Wars film? I thought they were removed from the project?
They were.

I kinda ignored that when CP listed the upcoming slate of SW movies and shows.

Those ***** boys Benioff and Weiss were never about that life and at least smartened up/cowered to knowing they couldn't take SW pressure after the debacle of Game of Thrones.

They had the world set up for them as they approached the finish line but after revealing they were frauds they backed out of Star Wars, something else, and claimed they're focusing on their Netflix deal to do shows and movies.

I didn't remember if they were in or out, I just assumed someone else will pick up the project.

Ok, so that's one less project in the works then, but I guess it gets replaced by the one you posted.

My God...... :frown:

He's back. He's really back........and he's wearing a skirt. :lol: (I hope they work on that)

Dude was bashing out stormtrooper helmets. :wow:

I wonder what Jedi comin to save his ***, but lookin forward to Darksaber vs Beskar (or lightsaber too? :nerd: )

:lol: the Child tossin around Stormtroopers. :rofl:

Gus looks too Vadery, need to get off that.

Wish there'd be more towards Thrawn, but I guess that will come later. (Or a diff show perhaps).

My God...... :frown:

He's back. He's really back........and he's wearing a skirt. :lol: (I hope they work on that)

Dude was bashing out stormtrooper helmets. :wow:

I wonder what Jedi comin to save his ***, but lookin forward to Darksaber vs Beskar (or lightsaber too? :nerd: )

:lol: the Child tossin around Stormtroopers. :rofl:

Gus looks too Vadery, need to get off that.

Wish there'd be more towards Thrawn, but I guess that will come later. (Or a diff show perhaps).

Been many moons since he was slim trim feared BMF. But that action sequence finally put to rest any doubt he is that bada$$. Even with a dad bod. No question dude is/was always Mandalorian. Change in gear still acceptable in the Mandalorian tradition:

http://vherangclan.blogspot.com/2015/08/kamas-loincloths-and-shemaghsoh-my-and.html?m=1

Fring is the best casting for top Imperial since Peter Cushing. Sets such a high bar that Blue Man has to be even better just to impress. Dude needs to be around for many years.

dbf73f105e86c5dcc9fc3239a542858d565f23ed.gifv

Last edited:
Not sure what to expect with the Cassian Andor show. Does he have a deep background in SW lore?

Not sure what to expect with the Cassian Andor show. Does he have a deep background in SW lore?
i mean not really....he was a pretty forgettable character in rogue one whose backstory was overshadowed by jyn erso. i guess they think he's worth fleshing out on some spy/mystery/thriller vibes with K2SO (if he's in it) balancing out all the grittiness/seriousness......cassian is supposedly a guy full of regret because of all these horrible things he's done in the name of the rebellion, so there's potential there for some good storytelling.

it would all take place in the original trilogy era, so def some possibilities of callbacks and references to both ep 4 and the rebels show. i'll watch it in hopes that its surprisingly good like rogue one was, but its not necessarily the content that i'm asking for.

I thought he was decent character, but he was always there to play off of Jyn. I'll still watch the show, of course, but, frankly, was very surprised he got his own show. 🤷🏻‍♂️

They could be using Andor show as a vehicle to bring other pieces together, much like they're doing with Mandalorian.

They could tie characters from Solo to it, Rebels, maybe some lesser characters from Ep 4, Clone Wars, etc.

Finished Rebels tonight. Wooooooo boy. That last arc. Things went FAR left field and felt right the whole time. World between worlds is interesting. Now I know why Ahsoka was hunting for Thrawn in the Mandalorian. Really hope they continue to expand that show to incorporate the end of Rebels. Man, lots to say. Lots to reflect on. Series is just under Clone Wars for me, but that could partly be due to the shorter series run. Some of the coolest ****ing moments out of any SW production tho; Maul v Obi Wan one last time - Ezra bossing the entire Imperial army at the end - Ahsoka vs Vader :wow:

I need Filoni to work some more Rebels lore into Mando :lol:

Back
Top Bottom