• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
smokin.gif

Last edited:
another star wars weekend marathon on tnt

kid anakin looking like a junkyard cat

padme belongs in the teachers hungry for these young bodies thread

That's dope, Chester.

Super geeked out to see Gold Leader on the latest Rebel's episode. I've been having a top SW model maker building me a Studio Scale model of Gold Leader since December and I'm actually picking it up from him next week. Pretty awesome that he'd debut on Rebels tonight.

Comic book heads:
If you are not reading the Star Wars titles from Marvel since Disney acquired the rights, you should.
Most are available in tradepaperback.
The Darth Vader series is on point. Ended at 25 issues.

The main series is at 29 issues so far as of this month.
Current series include Poe Dameron, Darth Maul and Doctor Aphra.

Marvel recruited the best talent for these books.
Top notch, high quality.
Definite good reading.

I actually read four Darth Vader mini series like two weeks ago. Think they were Lost Command, Ghost Prison, Cry of Shadows, and the Ninth Assassin. Iirc, one of them was via Marvel, while the other 3 were Dark Horse, before the reboot. I've seen scans of the Vader series though and it looked good. Just focused on picking up other things at the moment.

I actually read four Darth Vader mini series like two weeks ago. Think they were Lost Command, Ghost Prison, Cry of Shadows, and the Ninth Assassin. Iirc, one of them was via Marvel, while the other 3 were Dark Horse, before the reboot. I've seen scans of the Vader series though and it looked good. Just focused on picking up other things at the moment.

I read all the Dark Horse series religiously.
They are all great but they don't even compare to what Marvel has done with these characters.
Vader was boss in the "Vader Down" storyline.

I'll put these in Spoiler Tags as footage of The Last Jedi was screened for Disney Shareholders this morning and it reveals Luke's first words to Rey.....

Cut to a Disney shareholders' meeting in Denver, Colorado this morning (Wednesday, March 8), where Disney CEO gave the assembled audience a brief taste of footage from this December's The Last Jedi. According to a series of tweets from Los Angeles Times reporter Daniel Miller, who was at the meeting, the footage started out almost as a joke, with Rey handing the saber to Luke and the screen going black just as he was about to take it.
Before any real disappointment could set in, however, the throngs of investors got to see more immediately, including the first words spoken by Luke in the film, which may also be the opening line in the movie:

"Who are you?"

The fact that Luke doesn't appear to know who Rey is might have just knocked out a whole slew of fan theories, including that Rey is Luke's child and/or that Rey was a student at Luke's Jedi Academy before Ben Solo/Kylo Ren betrayed him and put that Academy out of business. Also, why would he not feel or know who she was simply through her presence in the Force?

Presumably those questions will be answered over the course of the film. As for the rest of what the shareholders saw, Miller reported that there was a brief shot of the late Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa, along with glimpses of Chewbacca and a conscious Finn (John Boyega) -- I mean, you didn't think he was going to stay in a coma for the whole movie, did you?

entire article with tweets
http://www.blastr.com/2017-3-8/star-wars-the-last-jedi-luke-skywalker-first-words

Back
Top Bottom