Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guess I'm in the minority but I was always on board with the Solo film.

But the director change has me questioning a lot of things. If it's just a solid film, then I'll rock with it.

Itd be funny is Howard got in there, saw what Lord and Miller had did, and agreed with it.

Or maybe he'll just stay on brand and do what Kennedy and kasden want

Plot twist: George Lucas is back to finish the film

Doubt George would want to come back at this point :lol:

This is probably what he meant when he called Disney, "White Slavers". Quality of the movies aside, SW has gone from essentially independent movies made outside of the system to studio-controlled ish. Directors getting fired left and right for not following the agenda.

I'm still watching though :nerd:

Its about damn time Howard came through for a SW flick.

Always felt it took too long for Howard, Spielberg, and Scorsese to do George a solid.

Last edited:
lord and miller seem more like the type of han solo humor

ron howard?

gonna make this movie into a romantic comedy :lol:

disney lucas film turning into deathrow records

Creative differences is the PC translation for "they didn't do exactly what we told them to do, so we fired them"

They can't be hiring a no-name director for this new Han Solo series.

So Lord & Miller were going towards a direction of a comedy movie? lol How do things like this happen?

What do you mean? the guys did Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, The Lego movie and the 21 jump street series, how does that not happen?
What I mean is, how did Lucasfilms not know that they would go towards the direction? Their resume shows straight up comedy lol Couldn't they have avoided this by hiring another director?

well han has always been the comic relief in star wars so....

the idiot they cast as han solo prolly got butt hurt cuz he didnt understand han solos character and wanted it to be a serious bad ***

i probably would have hired shane black to direct and make it a han lando version of lethal weapon in space

Last edited:
Creative differences is the PC translation for "they didn't do exactly what we told them to do, so we fired them"

They can't be hiring a no-name director for this new Han Solo series.
Eh, I see it more as we agreed on one thing, then you started doing it, and it was either some extra added we aint like or what we thought you were gonna do isn't to our liking.

What do you mean? the guys did Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, The Lego movie and the 21 jump street series, how does that not happen?
What I mean is, how did Lucasfilms not know that they would go towards the direction? Their resume shows straight up comedy lol Couldn't they have avoided this by hiring another director?
A lot of comedic actors and directors are surprisingly great at doing other genres.

So I can see if they were going for that.

"Ehrenreich’s performance has been described to us as being an interesting new take on Han that stands out on its own while still honoring the essentials of the character, and that it’s a worthy interpretation of the iconic scoundrel."

View media item 2473329

I kinda feel like by the time we met Han on Tatooine in ep4, he was a bit of a idiot goofball smuggler who ended up in over his head. The serious Han didn't appear until later, years later in universe. Why is it so hard to imagine a younger him and lando as somewhat screwball space pirates doing funnier things in the Star Wars universe.

I kinda feel like by the time we met Han on Tatooine in ep4, he was a bit of a idiot goofball smuggler who ended up in over his head. The serious Han didn't appear until later, years later in universe. Why is it so hard to imagine a younger him and lando as somewhat screwball space pirates doing funnier things in the Star Wars universe.

I'm thinking they were going too zany. Something that tonally doesn't fit the universe.

Its like Kirk Lazarus says "You never go full ******."

Last edited:
It literally is a universe though, it should have different tones. That was one of my interests in the anthology series films, to see them told in different styles.

Spaceballs, the OG Star Wars parody, was released in theaters 30 years ago on Saturday. 

Last edited:
Listening to the Bob and Tom radio show this morning and they joked about Ron Howard's Star Wars with Opie Wan Kenobi and Aunt Bee Threepio.

Spaceballs, the OG Star Wars parody, was released in theaters 30 years ago on Saturday. 

I jumped on a list for a Dark Helmet replica helmet earlier this year and then realized I would've have space to display that big-*** thing so I had to sell my spot :lol: Hoping Hot Toys or someone makes an action figure some day.

Back
Top Bottom