Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TRU has BOGO free Black Series figures this week(I think, I wasn't even aware until the first two were scanned). Picked these up this morning:
IMG_3249.JPG

Where did you order from?

I'm buddies with the owner of figure_shop from eBay so he hooks me up. Paying retail with EMS shipping from HK also comes out a few dollars less than ordering from Sideshow so I've been going straight to him for over a year now for all my Hot Toys.

Best part is he doesn't need a stupid "shout out" on IG like some of the other Asian sellers I used to deal with previously.

Think Disney was just a prisoner of the moment(like with Lord and Miller) with the jump he made from Safety not guaranteed, to Jurassic World(A movie I hated) and it's success, that they had faith he would be a great choice to close out the trilogy. I think he's also close friends with Kennedy.

There was some quote from him that just rubbed me the wrong way where he said something about after TLJ opened it would be the last SW film he could watch as a fan before the real work started and that he was happy to be able to enjoy the experience with his son for one last time. While it seemed innocent and good natured, in my mind I was thinking you should've already let that portion of your life go and should've been prepping(more preparation) the close out to easily one of the greatest movie sagas of all time. I dunno I just read that, and shook my head man.

Was never a fan of the choice to begin with and I'm hoping Rian just finishes it up. It's hard to put that pressure again on him though since he seems satisfied with TLJ and got to make the SW film he's always wanted to. I remember the same quote from Sam Mendes when he made Skyfall "the Bond film I've always wanted to make." only to follow it with the dud Spectre. I'm sure that won't happen with SW, but as a filmmaker myself I love hearing that original enthusiasm from directors, lets me know its in the right hands. So if Rian left it all on the floor with TLJ(sounds like he did) I hope they get someone(not JJ) with capable hands. I'm torn because Rian is a guy I'd love to see more original material from.

I'm assuming that Kennedy was smart enough to already secure Rian, and is chess moves ahead with him emphatically on board to close it out. I hate hearing that they'd have to wait to see how TLJ does, seeing as the heads at Disney have already seen a cut and it seemed universally welcomed. Plus it's gonna do numbers as it's Fisher's last bow in an iconic performance, couple with seeing a seasoned Luke in action

but like i said I have unrealistic expectations for this film

Admittedly, I'm not hugely familiar with Rian's work... have watched all of Breaking Bad though... but how do we know he's really the right guy for the job?

I feel like I'm the only one who never gets excited whenever a director is announced. The only time I'd ever react is if James Cameron/Michael Bay ever gets casted as a director. And my reaction will be complete opposite ends of the spectrum :lol:

Anybody else, I've never really cared nor will ever.

I feel like I'm the only one who never gets excited whenever a director is announced. The only time I'd ever react is if James Cameron/Michael Bay ever gets casted as a director. And my reaction will be complete opposite ends of the spectrum :lol:

Anybody else, I've never really cared nor will ever.
I'm like that too... I mean, I'll read about the director news and will be like "oh, ok... cool", but for TFA, I was cautiously excited about JJ cuz it was a big name.

Had it been Michael Bay, I woulda been like "ugh... another Michael Bay blockbuster" :lol:
I remember watching a Youtube video on "Bayhem" and agreed with all of it.

I guess I'd be excited for someone like Fincher... always enjoyed his movies. And Tarantino.

Admittedly, I'm not hugely familiar with Rian's work... have watched all of Breaking Bad though... but how do we know he's really the right guy for the job?
we dont. another prisoner of the moment move by them

but we shall see how this movie turns out

I'm like that too... I mean, I'll read about the director news and will be like "oh, ok... cool", but for TFA, I was cautiously excited about JJ cuz it was a big name.

Had it been Michael Bay, I woulda been like "ugh... another Michael Bay blockbuster" :lol:
I remember watching a Youtube video on "Bayhem" and agreed with all of it.

I guess I'd be excited for someone like Fincher... always enjoyed his movies. And Tarantino.
tarantino would be fired by kathleen and lawrence day one on set :lol:

tarantino :lol:

dude would have a mini crawl for every major scene change titled in Chapters, movie would be told out of order, would have a shot from the inside of an Xwing(like those trunk shots) a portion of the film in B&W, a mexican stand off between stormtroopers and the rebellion
on the other hand we might get a pam grier cameo and/or Mace Windu ressurected or sam jackson playing a droid. Christoph Waltz as Snokes 2nd in command

I'm extremely curious to see what Rian has made TLJ out to be. He's stated that Luke Skywalker was his favorite character growing up and that he wants to explore a realistic approach to what Luke would be doing after RotJ That's why I'm kinda convinced Rey is Luke's child. It seems like a mature theme to explore with him. The man with the absentee father growing up to be an absentee father

Back
Top Bottom