Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You seen Yoda and Obi Wan refuse to train someone?

Movie has a lower audience score than AotC. It has the lowest audience score of all Star Wars movies....you’re not realizing your in the minority?

“He’s too old. Yes, too old to begin the training.”

“The boy is dangerous.”

Alright, I have mixed feelings about the movie. I wanna like it, but I'm not in a rush to see this again.
How did kylo and rey connect in the end if snoke is dead?
I got completely fooled with the Luke fight scene. I totally forgot his saber broke and he was wielding it in his projection. I can see why they went with the astral projection route and I like they chose that instead of Luke actually being there.
Could've just had fin recuperate the whole movie, and focused on snoke's Story and Luke's camp.
If kylo killed supreme leader, I hope to see a stronger kylo in 9. He seems to be on the path to a Sith Lord even though he didn't have the balls to kill Leia.
This movie could've been a whole lot better man.

I was pumped to see this but it was complete let down.

Negative:

Nothing on Snoke.

Snoke taking the L like that

Rey giving herself over to Kylo like Luke did to Vader.

Leia in space...smh

The whole fleet run out of gas story line

Luke not going out like Obi Wan and being a projection. Only to die like Obi Wan after.

Dropping bombs in space? LOL

12 rebels left and the mil falcon

Positive:

Luke's projection

Kylo/Rey team up

RT audience score.

RT Audience scores can be very hit or miss though. Justice League is rated at 80% audience and that's no way better than this movie.

That being said, this movie had some high highs but some LOW lows. Space Leia smfh. The art direction in general was on point the whole film though.

1st hour of the movie was trash
2nd hour was great

Wasn’t feeling I️t for the most part. Casual fan here just seemed really forced.

might have to watch it a second time, my cousin was saying Luke’s feet didn’t leave footprints in that scene vs Kylo. Unlike everyone else that was walking on that planet.

might have to watch it a second time, my cousin was saying Luke’s feet didn’t leave footprints in that scene vs Kylo. Unlike everyone else that was walking on that planet.

No footprints and
he was using the lightsaber that had just been destroyed in the previous Rey/Kylo fight

Just got back from my showing. I actively avoided spoilers, scores, this thread and everything Star Wars related for about two weeks.

And I gotta say, I'm pretty bummed and disappointed :frown:

Just some thought to put down before bed:

• Luke :smh: did not feel like the Luke I grew up with. And to add to it, he was gonna kill Ben in his sleep? Sure he retracted those feelings, but ****. Y'all can miss me with that ****.
  • The entire Finn & Rose storyline. What a waste of ******* time that was. If you deleted their scenes from the movie, I don't think you would miss a thing.
  • When Leia got blown out the bridge and used the force to pull herself back....that **** was hella cheesy and forced (no pun intended)
  • This just didn't have that Star Wars feel to it for me. I know they were ambitious and trying to go after something new, but the feel of the movie just wasn't there for me.
End rant. For now.

Yep, I was able to notice it during my 2nd watch. They showed Ben moving his feet and the red appearing... then later, Luke also moving his feet, but still white. It's lasts a second or so, but it's noticeable.

Other hints were, as mentioned, Luke's look (shorter hair, darker goatee), his Lightsaber hilt... and of course, the logistics of it. His X-Wing was sitting in the water for, what must have been, 30 years, so for sure he wasn't gonna fly out in that.

And during his moment with Leia, you could tell she knew too, I think. Which was why she left the dice behind.

Left the movie feelin like Ben:
IMG_3302.GIF

I also forgot to mention I don't like how they did my dude admiral akbar should've at least had him yell "IT'S A TRAP! " when the star destroyers came out of hyperspace behind them

With Carrie Fisher’s passing they should’ve done some reshoots and used that scene where she got blown out the ship to write her off instead of having her use the force to fly back into it. It would’ve worked out perfect. Have Luke die in episode 9 if u really wanted to kill him off.

Finally catching up past couple day's worth of posts and just way too much stuff to react. Starting to feel like a Reddit Thread or the Yeezy Thread. Not down with that. So I'm just going to add this one important thing: here's how you use the Spoiler Function on the New NT. And I'm a Spoiler type of guy so doesn't bother me either way.

[ spoiler ].................[ /spoiler ]

(Remove the spaces inside the brackets)

Back
Top Bottom