Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m sorry fam. I’m right there with you. I didn’t think I could get this emotionally invested in a film but I feel like I part of me was taken. Leia flying through space, Luke being a hopeless bum. Like why? For the sake of being “edgy”? FOH

Here are some quick ones that had me like REALLY BRO?
Space floating Leia
Casting of the girl who fell for Finn
Yoda looking like one of my photoshop jokes I make in the Supreme thread
Attempting to open up like a Def Jam King’s of Comedy tour
Pointless shirtless scene with Khilo
The return of the Jedi whiney Luke
Captain Phasma being easier to beat than E Honda in Street Fighter 2
Lack of Snoke info + his death
Make up crew straightening Rey’s hair in some scenes and the next it’s not
Inconsistencies of Luke/Khilo flash back from last film to this (Knights of Ren vs Sleeping scene)

It was a bad film dude. Super bummed. Don’t get me wrong, cool scenes and it’s still Star Wars… but geez they should not have approved this script.

:lol:

What about the jump to light speed sacrificial thing? Seemed like it was a fairly simple way to take out the Supremacy...Why in the hell didn’t literally ANYBODY get the idea to have a droid use one of those support ships running on fumes, and complete the same maneuver? Suspension of disbelief I know but damn...

I didn’t understand the purpose Laura Dern’s character other than KK giving her old Jurassic Park buddy a quick gig in Star Wars. They could have had Leia commit the deed to give her performance and passing that much more gravitas but Leia doing her “I’m Marry Poppins y’all!” bit needed to make the film in order to purge off the hardcore fans. No way you can tell me that’s not what they set out to do with this film

All the moaning in this thread is accelerating my timetable to see the movie. Maybe I'll see it by Tuesday. I refuse to believe a movie rated 93 on rt is THAT bad :lol:

All the moaning in this thread is accelerating my timetable to see the movie. Maybe I'll see it by Tuesday. I refuse to believe a movie rated 93 on rt is THAT bad :lol:

It's not.......unless you ran your mouth for two years that Rey HAS to be Luke's daughter and now you're scorned about it. :lol:

You know how it goes...Thinking they're screenwriting magicians...

:lol:

Im 1,000% positive I could have written a better script for TLJ than Rian. I could have even written every decision that he made and actually give reasoning. He’s a hell of a cinematographer though, I’ll def give him that.

the more i think about it the worse i think this movie was. just going back and forth remembering things with friends in a group chat it’s become a roast fest.

thank god i can’t find the spoiler button on this new **** niketalk format or i’d be here a while lol

It's not.......unless you ran your mouth for two years that Rey HAS to be Luke's daughter and now you're scorned about it. :lol:

I’m sure everyone in here would have rather seen Rey be Luke’s daughter than Rey and Kylo touching hands. But you think Rey and Kylo touching hands is better than Obi Wan and Qui Gon vs Darth Maul so we know there’s no proving to you this movie is trash :lol:

It feels like some dudes were going into the movie expecting to hate it, and then got mad when they hated it. Can't please everybody, but I think Rian did great. If he had full control I'm certain some certain characters wouldn't have survived the film.

Talking loud & ain’t saying nothing... Put up or shut the @#%* up... :lol:

You’re trying to defend a movie that turned Luke into a sassy old man and Leia into silver surfer? Really?

No, you couldn't have.

You think I would have left out an explanation as to why the Skywalker lightsaber called to Rey and not Kylo an actual Skywalker? I don’t think you would have even done that EU guy >D

As I have said since last night. It is not a bad movie but there is points that make you say wtf. That makes no sense in the star wars lore. But imo it is not a bad movie but I still rate TFA over this along with a few other star wars movies

You’re trying to defend a movie that turned Luke into a sassy old man and Leia into silver surfer? Really?

You think I would have left out an explanation as to why the Skywalker lightsaber called to Rey and not Kylo an actual Skywalker? I don’t think you would have even done that EU guy >D

Seriously, get the **** over the stupid lightsaber already. :lol:

It was merely JJ's way of saying Rey was strong in the Force. YOU read so much into it, it warped everything in your own head. I told you for two years to let it go. I've told you over and over and over, if you were wrong, you'd be bitter as **** about, now here we are.

From jump, minute one, I told you I was fine if she was Luke's, Han's, Ben's, some random bird, it wouldn't matter to me, she was a great character no matter what. I had a belief, sure, I always felt she was Kylo's sister, but it wouldn't bother me if they went another route. You've been DEAD SET on one answer and one answer only, now you cryin cuz you didn't get it.

And you still could. My entire point. Kylo COULD be messin with her. Rian could be pushin us off the scent, and 9 will reveal the truth. Maybe Leia had another man outside of Han. :nerd:

You can hate it all you want, it was really well done, better than the prequels, better than a rehashed TFA, better than Jedi. That leaves ESB, R1 and maybe ANH. Nothin wrong with slotting there, nothin at all.

It feels like some dudes were going into the movie expecting to hate it, and then got mad when they hated it. Can't please everybody, but I think Rian did great. If he had full control I'm certain some certain characters wouldn't have survived the film.

Some dudes? Pretty sure this thread was predominantly positive until folks started seeing the actual movie:lol:

OHHHH! SPOILER!!!!

I forgot to mention how mad I got with how they handled Phasma.....ughhhhh. I cheered when she came on screen and then....well you know.

1.ESB
2.ROTS
3.ANH
4.TFA
5.Either TLJ or ROTJ
7.TPOM
8.ATOC. Done

We aren't all that far off for all your barkin at me.

ESB
R1
TLJ
ANH
TFA
RotS
RotJ
AotC
TPM

I wouldn't argue over slotting TFA down 1, or ANH up 1, etc. Even if TALK went down 1-2, still not far off.

Seriously, get the **** over the stupid lightsaber already. :lol:

Here’s the thing about the lightsaber; Luke doesn’t need it. Look at what he did at the end of the movie. Luke is beyond the lightsaber at this point. He’s reached Yoda levels; beating you while not even lifting a single finger or being in same planet as you.

Bruh. Luke broke Kylo down; and he wasn’t even on the same planet :smh:

Damn I knew I shoulda backed out of this thread. Broooo I was expecting that too, but it ain't no big deal if she's not.

We aren't all that far off for all your barkin at me.

ESB
R1
TLJ
ANH
TFA
RotS
RotJ
AotC
TPM

I wouldn't argue over slotting TFA down 1, or ANH up 1, etc. Even if TALK went down 1-2, still not far off.
The barking was more about the duel so I apologize about that one. Whatever you and lame got going on is between you two. I didn't include R1 but it be right around ANH for me

Back
Top Bottom