Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TLJ wasn’t perfect but what "fanboys” don’t understand is that we can’t cater to the same fans from the last 40 yrs. Expanding the fandom to me is great and we can pass on what we have learned to the next generation.

the SW franchise will make $$$ regardless of what you guys think, im glad my kids and their kids will be introduced to a new generation of characters and not drag on the Skywalker Legacy for 100 years.

its time for the OG fans to end.

I'm an OG fan, and I loved TLJ. I don't think it's any one group of fans. Least I don't notice a pattern of them yet.

Loved the OG's
Hated the prequels (1-2, 3 was fine)
Pissed Disney erased the EU
Loved TFA + TLJ
LOVED Rogue One (spin-off)
Looking forward to the Solo movie + Rian trilogy
Praying for an Old Republic film(s)
Desperately want a Fett movie(s) made
Would love an Obi Wan spin-off

Iono, there's lots of categories, and many people agree with me on some, but not others, seems like a broad mix of people like/love different things within the same franchise.

i deadass thought luke (at the end when he was facing kylo) was gonna go ham with his jedi skills and **** like an old yoda bouncing around killing everyone.

but then it turns out it was just a hologram.....

movie sucks brah

Such is life. She helps me focus on the positives, so I saw a lot of awesome things in the movie. As an adult, I could see some issues, but when you have a beautiful 7 year old telling you about the cool stuff, all the Bulls hit goes out the window.

The one thing that got my daughter was when Laura Dern said "God Speed" That was the only "complaint" she had, she didn't think God was a part of Star Wars lore. She found that small piece of dialogue confusing.

Interesting what they catch that we don't, and vice versa.

For me at least, having been a Star Wars fan for at least 20 years, I understand that they have to bring in new characters and move things in a different direction. The problem is that what the TFA was building towards is not what TLJ is about. They bring in Snoke, interesting character, everyone's wondering about his back story-- dead. Build up Rey as a possible Skywalker, nah random junker fam. After Han died, I knew Luke and Leia were going to go too. But Luke's sendoff with the Pac Hologram was a joke. I have no problems with moving away from the old material, but their execution was horrendous.

My kids know the previous 6, and have been enjoying the upcoming ones. We are excited for star wars land, and share that excitement as a family. It has stretched from one generation to the next, and down to the next, staying relevant throughout. To see the excitement on my daughters face was awesome. It always will be. Always.
20171120_120616.jpg
Awesome

The one thing that got my daughter was when Laura Dern said "God Speed" That was the only "complaint" she had, she didn't think God was a part of Star Wars lore. She found that small piece of dialogue confusing.

Very good point. To suggest god suggests something other than the force.

Blasphemy!!!!

Reactions: ARK
My kids know the previous 6, and have been enjoying the upcoming ones. We are excited for star wars land, and share that excitement as a family. It has stretched from one generation to the next, and down to the next, staying relevant throughout. To see the excitement on my daughters face was awesome. It always will be. Always.
20171120_120616.jpg
Man that pic of kylo is dope! Wish Disney would release legit helmets and clothing they make the employees wear or even the movie quality fo is to purchase

Hahahah I caught that!! I’m with your daughter. I’m a Christian but I mean I agree don’t think it’s part of SW lore

Palpatine, in the OG trilogy, never had a back story until 16 years later ...
Was Palpatine killed off in the middle of the Empire Strikes back?

If he was, I think I would have with that. Especially if his death meant little to Vader's character development.

Showed up briefly for ESB and killed off in JEDI... Still didn't know a damn thing about him fully until the prequels.( How he became the Emperor, came to power, etc..)..
I edited my post.

Think about how his death help move the story forward, compare to Snoke.

Vader killing him was meaningful to his character and the story. Kylo is still the same lame he was before taking out Snoke. Except maybe he might be in love.

That's the allure of Kylo...he's a ******* wannabe, loose cannon...

Whereas Vader was stoic and he can never be his grandfather even if he tried...
Allure

Famb he is a poorly written awkwardly acted antagonist

And the fact they made Rey be like Wonder Woman from the jump, there is no tension of if she would be able to defeat him. When Luke went to meet Vader for the last time, it was a toss up to whenever or not he could take ole boy.

There is nothing frightening about the main vilian in the story. What a time

Edit post above previous...

Agree to disagree. He's not supposed to be frightening... AT ALL... He can't be like his grandfather. He tries but fails miserably. That's the point..
Loose cannon can be frightening. He is poorly written, that is the point.

Two movies, he has killed three major characters, had has not developed much as a character. Dude is washed

Palpatine, in the OG trilogy, never had a back story until 16 years later ...

True but the advertising was correct. He was in fact a powerful being that loomed over The Empire. He was built up as the Final Boss and he lived up to it. Emperor nearly killed Luke until Vader risked his life to save his son. His death wasn't just some cheap ploy. Snoke was similarly written as the OG Emperor up until he was killed off too easily by his apprentice.

This might be what JJ wanted all along- use the first film to fulfill everyone's hunger for nostalgia but then pull the rug from under them with the 2nd one. I think that's just poor writing on their part. I think the fanbase is ready for a new direction but at least set it up better.

I like disgruntled, jaded Luke but goddamn give him a proper send off. I *** with the main hero being female, but where's the training? Where's the struggle to hone her skills? I actually would have preferred if Leia died. Before Carrie Fisher died, I figured her and Luke would both die in TLJ. Having her survive that blast to the ship and using the Force to surf back--- WTF?! Phasma is great- powerful, female, stormtrooper leader but she just takes L after L. If anything that makes her a real Stormtrooper. At least in that regard Rian was being faithful to Star Wars.

Back
Top Bottom