Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In real life, a lot of so called legendary groups weren't the real deal either.

Knights Templars? Religious zealots, rapists, and murderers.

Arthur and the knights of the round table? Rapists, murderers, etc.

So and so forth.

Lucas was smart to go braoder with basing some of the Jedi mythology on samurai but even they weren't the most honorable.

I actually felt it was a good choice - and I do believe it was a very aware choice and not a **** up like he I tended something else - for Lucas to portray the Jedi the way he did in the prequels. To me it challenged viewers and long time fans that gave it any real thought. All plays in to Anakin's heel turn as well. Like you see these Jedi during peace time entering an era of chaos and their downfall and they're revealed to be either rigidly unjust or corrupt in some ways. Just like all things they aren't as rosy as you assumed or thought they were in hindsight. A direct real life reflection of so many institutions and renowned groups that fall short of the near fictional idealism placed on them or that they set as the standard that they do not live up to.

Now Genndy's Clone Wars series was great. I love it. He pretty much can't do any wrong but one of the reasons he was able to have the Jedi live up to what they were painted as was cuz it was a series. You get to take such care and attention with a series that you can't with a movie even if its a trilogy even if its a series of trilogies cuz 18 hrs of 9 movies that isn't solely focusing on that group still ain't beating the 2hrs of 25 eps dedicated to one group in a war testing their principles and ideals and then thorough character development of Anakin.

The thing with this is that Luke Skywalker's actions in the OT serve to embody and validate the ideal of the Jedi for us the viewer in the first place.

The prequels retroactively claimed they were trash, and the sequels are saying "well since they were retroactively trash they still gone be trash now" :lol:

Luke in ROTJ was actually the shining example of "Jedi" but we won't really be seein' him no more!

The more I think about this subject the more I think that no, Rey is NOT a damn Jedi no matter what Rian Johnson says.

The thing with this is that Luke Skywalker's actions in the OT serve to embody and validate the ideal of the Jedi for us the viewer in the first place.
I feel like Luke was fooled thinking he was basically embracing and continuing/restarting the rose tinted glasses version of the Jedi. At the very least they stand against tyranny and opression. He never got the full grasp in the OT of how their noble ideals and principles were flawed in application

So the viewer with a child like mind is rooting for a pretty simple and easy to get good guy underdog in Luke. Not so much the ressurection of the Jedi order.

The prequels retroactively claimed they were trash, and the sequels are saying "well since they were retroactively trash they still gone be trash now" :lol:

Luke in ROTJ was actually the shining example of "Jedi" but we won't really be seein' him no more!

The prequels were trash but I don't think part of it was cuz the order had a bunch of sticks up their asses. I mean in reality they were cautious against the slippery slope argument of ending up on the dark side. They were just really extreme about it.

To me the message sent in the OT is that Luke would be better than the Jedi order that failed and brought about the empire which yeah would embody the ideal Jedi sans the Jedi Order flaws.

TLJ basically says nah that Luke was wrong. Even though He's doing it without his predecessors influence he's no different. He's gonna repeat their same mistakes for some reason.

I feel all of it was flawed writing more than anything if we're talking about elevating this franchise. Sucks the energy out of Luke's character. He for some reason was willing to see past his father's evil but considered on killing his nephew to the point of entering his tent while he slept before he changed his mind. All that made him hesitant with Rey. Like what he did I OT don't even matter.

The more I think about this subject the more I think that no, Rey is NOT a damn Jedi no matter what Rian Johnson says.
Well even less so than Luke she had some light training and also some books to read but I'd agree.

Besides its time for the rise of the Dark Jedi anyway :pimp:

All good or all evil is too extreme. It'll never work across the board. Gotta find that middlepath.

^^ Should have had Lucas write or at least jump off of his pitches for the sequels and whoever they wanted direct them

Another underrated aspect of Clone Wars 2003 is how it depicted the Palpatine/Sidious/Dooku dynamic and helped calcify the Anakin/Palpatine relationship

Finally watched..

Movie is a mess

I didn't mind the ending with Luke or even Luke being disillusioned or what went down with Luke/kylo

Movie had moments, but they felt completed wasted by the scene that would follow it and/or the build up/development to that scene

Also some things felt purposefully odd/cringeworthy.. and wasn't a fan of decent enough amount of Luke's dialogue and even that shoulder brush off moment

When Emillia Clarke says "I know what you really are"

If Alden was a real one, he wouldn't need to say anything, he would just hit her with a smirk and her and every women in the theater would know what time it is. :lol:

Instead he dribbles out that weak delivery of "whats that?" :lol: :smh:

Im tellin yall Alden kid doesn't have it. :lol:

Watching ROTS, the dreams Anakin was having, I feel that Palpatine was the one who put those nightmares in his head, similarly how Snoke connected Rey and Kylo through the force.

JJ Abrahms is saying people who disliked The Last Jedi are threatened by its strong female leads

http://collider.com/jj-abrams-the-last-jedi-women/

Final stretch of Rebels episodes start tonight.

I feel like Rebels just kinda came and gone. I was never motivated to watch it the way people motivated me to watch the second Clone Wars.

I did see some of the moments on youtube and the show does seem cool, I'll check it out eventually, but I hope the next SW animated series is a bit more removed from the same old story.

Rebels definitely felt like a filler show. The only person whos fate I cared about is Rex. Pretty sure Wolffe and Gregor won’t make it out alive so I’ll be sad when they go.

Jabba's barge is 4 feet long?!

It’s a crowdsourcing piece, which is actually pretty cool. They need 5000 backers for $500 each until April 4th.

It opened the other day and they’re already at about 1,300+ so they should hit that goal with no problem.

It’s a crowdsourcing piece, which is actually pretty cool. They need 5000 backers for $500 each until April 4th.

It opened the other day and they’re already at about 1,300+ so they should hit that goal with no problem.
Yeah... just didn't see the specs... cool seeing the actual prototype.

Rebels Spoilers that I need to get off my chest:
- Beautifully done back-to-back episode. Cant even go to sleep thinking about my dawg Kanan.
- Went out like a true G. My dude Kanan got a better death than Luke :smh:
- Drunk Hera was funny.
- Zeb bout to murk the bounty hunter by beating his *** was :wow: sometimes I forget this is on Disney XD :lol:
- I thought Sabine spray painting the Bounty Hunter was wack. But it is a kids show, so I know I understand...
- Not sure how I feel about the wolves. I know Ezra's backstory to just animals in general runs deep, but I hope they somehow wrap that storyline up nicely.
-When Chopper was holding Hera's hand :frown:

RIP Kanan Jerrus.

Back
Top Bottom