Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Disney wouldn't throw money at Alden and this movie if he didn't play the part well.
I'm VERY optimistic, I hope I'm right.
Don't confuse Disney for Lucasfilm.

Top guys at Disney have had a hands off approach with all of their recent acquisitions. Especially the already established ones. Pixar and Marvel basically been getting blank checks. Pretty sure its the same for Lucasfilm.

Also a studio like Lucasfilm probably has leeway for one bomb or two. Only if they begin to consistently suck would they step in to remove some ppl. Probably wouldnt micromanage something like casting.

Since they weren't caring about the look, should've cast dude from Baby Driver.

oh damn. we'll see then. but honestly, what type of performance are we expecting/predicting?
Even the Joker has MULTIPLE versions. I'm hoping for a good and smooth performance but
not looking for specific things. I want something new.

Are we going for the Harrison Ford performance? Because I think that's stupid and restrictive.
Trust this: It will not be the same as young Ford.
Why is the go to comparing to comic book characters? This is not the first time I've seen it either.

They're not comic book characters. Not to mention the different versions in each movie were in a different continuity.

No need to reach for excuses and try to rationalize away any doubt.
ewan was a great kenobi. wait for the movie until passing judgment on yung solo.
Ewan McGregor is a great actor though.

Yall would be better off making a Heath Ledger Joker argument :lol:

Last edited:
Han better damn well shoot first in this scene...

86AC8EF1-9947-45E1-AF6B-70350597A6F8.jpeg

don't ask for people's expectations cause if they're wrong, we'll have to hear about how Disney ****ed the whole thing up

They did my boy Luke dirty in TLJ tho. That's like benching your best defensive player in the biggest game of the season or something, with no clear reasoning behind it.

They did my boy Luke dirty in TLJ tho. That's like benching your best defensive player in the biggest game of the season or something, with no clear reasoning behind it.

Luke at least made it into the movie, mayne

Considering how young he looks in this movie and how pristine/different the Falcon still looks, I dont see it ending off leading into ANH. But obviously, nobody ever knows anything.

It was kind of like watching the best defensive veteran at the tail end of his career get benched for a rookie who did well enough to make the team.

I don't think they make it a perfect transition, they did that with Rogue One because the story was so close to ANH in the timeline.. I think there's no reason to do that for Solo other than fan service.

I saw Blade Runner 2049 for the first time last night.

Now I really can't believe people are hyping up TLJ like it's some artsy experimental sci-fi essay that we don't get.

He also directed The Dilemma and the Da Vinci Code...

Mostly great things from the guy but he definately has bad movies in him...He’ll always get a pass from me for Apollo 13, but I’d rather temper my expectations just in case...

This ain’t Ron Howard’s movie though. He came and took the reigns after a fourth of the movie was filmed, storyboards were made and scripts were written. Alden has the troll man meme face. It weirds me out. Curious to see what his acting is like as well since he needed an acting coach in the middle of filming to play such a deep and complex character like Han Solo :lol:

The kessel run scene looks cool though, can’t lie.

This is a weird question but I've been thinking about this for a while.

Does anyone here actually feel that we have been delivered the "Jedi" as they were idealized in the OT by the characters and Lucas himself?

As in the incredible mixture of knight, military leader, superhero, wizard, monk, strategist, and philosopher that made Luke such a threat to the Empire and whose legacy that Obi-Wan and Yoda were so proud to pass onto him?

I feel like in the prequels they were just a bunch of stuck-up elitists who do nothing but get outsmarted and killed, and TLJ, for obvious reasons, did not deliver on this front to me either.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Genndy Tartakovsky's legendary 2003 Clone Wars series, to me, is the truest interpretation of what the Jedi were meant to be. This series was genius.

clonewars2.jpg

The Anakin in Clone Wars 2003 is a totally different Anakin than that in the movies themselves, and a character who acts as an actual valid precursor to Darth Vader. I have the strong feeling that this Anakin is the Anakin that Gendy envisioned as a kid who grew up watching the original movies.

Everything about him, from his mannerisms to his attitude, make it clear that this is Vader, only on the "good" side.

star-wars-clone-wars-volume-two-20051118031944309-000.jpg

The battle sequences help you understand why a bunch of monks with laser-swords were capable of maintaining order in a futuristic galaxy with all kinds of advanced weaponry and adversity.

jhtU7fc.gif

giphy-13.gif

giphy.gif

LIhl65WA0SGQ91HQ3BVuLb_seIRsMoOu0p5oB-cEh2c.gif

tumblr_nocxmixolO1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

khWigIR.gif

I feel like quality and thoughtfulness in storytelling is a rare commodity these days. I wish I worked at LucasFilm.

Positive spin, but who knows. It's still too early. Don't want to get cornered into unrealistic expectations. Just going to go in and take for what it is.
The Mastercraft Ad on Ron Howard directing at beginning of vid was more interesting. Gives you glimpse into how he loves the work. Hoping the Kasdan story telling comes through.

Yeah I'm coming in the theatre with an open mind and no checklists.
#1 they didn't get a Ford clone, if they wanted to they coulda Tarkin'd him.
#2 this is a fresh take on Solo's backstory

I think I’ll try to forget about Solo until May, then go into it with zero expectations.
That’s what kind of killed TLJ for me. I thought we were getting Johnson’s dark gritty version of Star Wars. The trailer was fantastic and I fell victim to the hype but it ended up coming short of my expectations.

Back
Top Bottom