Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As far as any mystery about Qi'ra getting off of Correlia I just assumed those ppl they double acrossed while attempting to escape sold her to Crimson Dawn in some way or she basically kept working for that criminal element and kept working her way up while still under their thumb so she couldn't just leave. Along the way doing horrible things and becoming a darker person morally.

Just got out of the theater and without someone saying “Han”, “Chewie”, or “Lando” every 5 minutes or so I might’ve forgotten I was watching a Star Wars movie ~Sarcasm~ :smh:...

Seriously can someone go through and count how many times those 3 names were used? Had to be in the multiple dozens of times...

The laughable character dialogue is just the tip of the iceberg as far as this things problems go...Though the dialogue is easily as bad as the prequel trilogy...

I’ve got a whole list of issues but damn that...My head hurts after trying to piece together this nonsensical abortion of a movie...
You know if I was a big fan of Han Solo maybe i'd be trashing this movie like crazy.

I get the forget this was a Star Wars movie while watching if it weren't for certain names being mentioned.

I felt that way during the Kessel Run part and later with the weak Infant's Nest reveal.

But I stepped back and asked myself what makes a Star Wars movie a Star Wars movie especially one that does not involve any Jedi, the force or direct ties to the empire? And I realized it pretty much is the Jedi, the force, and the shadow of the empire looming over most stories. I'm not well versed in the previously canon EU but its clear what makes Rogue One a SW movie, the prequels are obvious and have almost everything the OT had element wise. Even this current sequel trilogy while not as good has the same stuff in it to make it a SW film.

This was tangential. If it wasn't based on Solo but some other smuggler it'd be barely SW adjacent.

I kinda feel regardless of the quality of the movie or the script repetitively throwing in names and places to remind you this takes place in the SW universe that without those aforementioned elements you could say that about any SW movie lacking those things.

I’m cool with it but if anything, it gets me scratching my head bc his Arc was completed in the Animated Series:lol:
That's the part I liked

It was complete there but its like he turned around and recovered from that end in Rebels or since Solo takes place in the past everything with Maul and Crimson Dawn takes place before Rebels which is also kind of cool.

The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Clone Wars
Revenge of the Sith
Solo
Rebels
Rogue One
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi
IX

Is the timeline.

The Faverau TV show, Fett spinoff, the GoT trilogy, and Rian Johnson trilogy TBD

That's the part I liked

It was complete there but its like he turned around and recovered from that end in Rebels or since Solo takes place in the past everything with Maul and Crimson Dawn takes place before Rebels which is also kind of cool.

I could be wrong but I remember reading that Solo was 5 years before ANH with how much “younger” Han was whereas Rebels was only a year or so from ANH and that’s just around when he gets killed again.

So if I’m right, I’m assuming he breaks out of Sidious’s Prison right before Ep. 3, becomes a crime-boss again, Solo takes place 16-18 years after that, and then he ends up on Malachor for his Rebels run somehow.

Movie was alright

Donald and Alden exceeded my expectations

Stakes never felt high though

Also L3 was unbearable.

Man, I need me a new movie with Ezra and Thrawn already.

A trilogy even.

The "GoT trilogy" makes it sound like it's already pure greatness :lol:

Gotta remind myself of who the creators are and that I don't really know what to expect.

That Coogler trilogy need to be announced and confirmed already too.

Last edited:
I’m cool with it but if anything, it gets me scratching my head bc his Arc was completed in the Animated Series:lol:

This is the issue with going back in time. As soon as the movie was over, I just wanted to know where we were in the timeline :lol:

Gotta be before the latest season of Rebels. Like way before.

Man, I need me a new movie with Ezra and Thrawn already.

A trilogy even.

The "GoT trilogy" makes it sound like it's already pure greatness :lol:

Gotta remind myself of who the creators are and that I don't really know what to expect.

That Coogler trilogy need to be announced and confirmed already too.

I don't know their names, so I just use GoT and everyone knows what I mean. :lol:

I fully believe Thrawn is coming, soon.

I'm not 100%, but I kinna think the reason they start with Solo is the introduction to the "underworld". Fett is coming, we heard Bossk referenced, Maul/Qi'ra/Crimson Dawn, Jabba, then Han/Landon/Chewie, maybe this Nest character, you throw Thrawn in there, there's a lot to love going forward.

And that's just that 18 year window between 3-4.

Ezra very well could play at some point too, but not sure.

I’m convinced Kathleen Kennedy really doesn’t really give a damn about any book/cartoon characters so I won’t hold my breathe to ever see Ezra or any of the Animated folks in a movie.

I’d love to be proven wrong but until that day comes, I just won’t even do that to myself.

I fully believe Thrawn is coming, soon.

I'm not 100%, but I kinna think the reason they start with Solo is the introduction to the "underworld". Fett is coming, we heard Bossk referenced, Maul/Qi'ra/Crimson Dawn, Jabba, then Han/Landon/Chewie, maybe this Nest character, you throw Thrawn in there, there's a lot to love going forward.

I started thinking this as well. This re-introduction of Maul can only tie into the Fett movie, since Han has no belief in the force in ANH. Han cannot be involved with anything Maul...

I wish they would edit L3 out of the film and just have a directors cut without it. It was so pointless and unnecessary and annoying.

I’m convinced Kathleen Kennedy really doesn’t really give a damn about any book/cartoon characters so I won’t hold my breathe to ever see Ezra or any of the Animated folks in a movie.

I’d love to be proven wrong but until that day comes, I just won’t even do that to myself.

I’d rather keep Ezra, Thrawn, Sabine and Ashoka with Pablo.

How you mess up Luke Skywalker? :smh:

I started thinking this as well. This re-introduction of Maul can only tie into the Fett movie, since Han has no belief in the force in ANH. Han cannot be involved with anything Maul...

Agreed. Han and Maul shouldn't meet each other.

I'd give anything to see Talon Karrde introduced into this era as well. Long shot, but he'd be a perfect character to add with Thrawn.

L3 didn't bother me much on the movie.

I kinda found it ironic that a droid would be on that droid rights issue at that point in the timeline. Given the unspoken fact they all seem to be slaves.

I can see how L3's voice could get annoying for some though.

I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have preferred a younger Lobot in that role though.

I’d rather keep Ezra, Thrawn, Sabine and Ashoka with Pablo.

How you mess up Luke Skywalker? :smh:
To me that wasn't Kathleen. That was Rian.

She just okays the stories and some character directions. Same way she okayed Rogue One.

To me that wasn't Kathleen. That was Rian.

She just okays the stories and some character directions. Same way she okayed Rogue One.

Don’t forget she also fired the original directors of Rogue One and Solo because they weren’t following her vision(or whatever nicely worded PR statement they used). She does more than just ok the stories.

All I wanna know is if Daenerys is lookin good enough in the flick that it's worthy of a ticket? If not, I got a copy I can just watch at home.

Could Qi'ra be Rey's mother?

Not junkers selling her for drinking money, but moreso dropping her off cuz she couldn't have a kid around for the life she was in?

Voss wasnt Jedi or Sith, but maybe had some Force skill?

Longshot, I know. Just wondering out loud.

Lol dont think so imho

Rian Johnson kept on reiterating how Rey is special but still different because her parents werent nobodies

Revealing their identities would make them less of nobodies

Don’t forget she also fired the original directors of Rogue One and Solo because they weren’t following her vision(or whatever nicely worded PR statement they used). She does more than just ok the stories.

And Colin Trevorrow and Josh Trank

Could Qi'ra be Rey's mother?

Not junkers selling her for drinking money, but moreso dropping her off cuz she couldn't have a kid around for the life she was in?

Voss wasnt Jedi or Sith, but maybe had some Force skill?

Longshot, I know. Just wondering out loud.
Voss for sure couldn't be her father. Doesn't work in the time line right?

Back
Top Bottom