Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Return of the Jedi opened in theaters 35 years ago today.

return_of_the_jedi_ver2_xxlg.jpg

There's NO WAY TLJ is worse than the Phantom Menace, or Attack of the Clones. NO. WAY.

You a bold face mother ****in liar if you try to argue that.

It's a very hard argument to have. People say the prequels were bad movies but what made them very interesting is the fact that we new what became of anakin/Vader, obi, palpatine and yoda. The movies had faults but watching what lead up to the OT always kept in interesting.

Palpatines rise to the top was straight boss

Solo.....

I had ridiculous expectations for Rogue One. And they were met. I didn't have crazy expectations with Solo, and they were far exceeded.

That, was really good. A space western, heist-y, gritty, complete with character re-introductions, the origins of Han and Chewie meeting, them meeting Lando, the Sabaac game(s) all of it, really well done.

The blaster, the Falcon, the dice, the cameo ( :wow: ) the ending for Q'ira (proving that these characters will be around for a while)

Lando was terrific. I mean, damn. He was perfect. Billy Dee shook. The way he even said Han's name was perfect.
Q'ira was beautiful as ever, charming, always felt mischievous, but certainly worth risking it all.
Chewie was doin work, and now we see a little of why he is so loyal to Han who freed him, AND saved his life, hence, life debt.
Kessell run was outstanding, but I've never been a big fan of the huge alien things they love, but we are in space, we've seen a million diff species already, so I get it. I would rather have kept that just ships tho, like if that was a Star Destroyer sucked into the maw instead of a giant alien. But that's a small complaint.
The humor was very much toned down after TLJ. I don't know if that was on purpose, because I felt like Rogue had a lot of humor in it for such a depressing movie, this one had just a dry sense of humor, not the over the top stuff. (like Han saying he had 30 armed men and then the Falcon taking off :lol: )
Woody did a great job as Beckett. Dude was slick with those blasters.
Correllia :wow: :pimp:

I thought the Star Destroyer in the maw was going to be Dalaa. :lol: :nerd:

The numbered films all have the sleek, stylish, sexy sheen to them, the gleaming color, the brightness, all of it feels the same.

Rogue and this one both had a grimey-er feel about them, muted colors, not the pristine visuals, like this is what they are going for, is a tonal difference in the standalones.

With the way the film ended, and the news of Mangold/Fett, we now have a younger Han, Chewie, Lando, Q'ira, Maul, Fett, Jabba, Boskk, Enfys Nest all in play. To me, that feels like a completely separate world/universe they can use to show the underground so to speak, and still use the Empire/rebellion as non central pieces which I thought they did great in Solo. The Empire was around, but not the presence of all the other films. Just additional obstacles the heros/villains need to work around.

I still believe with that set of characters in play, a potential Vader cameo with Fett, if you add Thrawn into that mix, we could play in that 18 year gap playground for a looooooonnnnnnngggggg time.

Then you throw in a distinctly different Old Republic era to the mix, alternate films every 6-8 months, and you will have a tremendous "new" generation built.

As for the kid that played Han. I was impressed. He was ALWAYS going to be the weak link, we all knew he was not Harrison. But he did a great job, despite all the rumors, acting lessons, etc etc, he did fine. (minus the speaking wookie :lol: ) One thing I was kinda expecting was a punch or cut on the chin to kinda tie that together, kind of an Indy nod to Harrison's scar. He wasn't great, but he was tasked with an impossible role and held his own. He isn't worn down yet, he's not the grizzled vet, he's just a gifted, brave pilot who walks his own path. I thought he handled that well. Kept the humor down, didn't try to one line everything, and just played his part. 2-3 movies from now, we may see some more of the Han humor, the wiseness, etc.

7/8

Box office is not looking healthy

Nobody can really be surprised. This movie was setup for failure since Day 1. And I agree with your score too, but I doubt I'll ever rush to see this movie again anytime soon. Replay-ability is at a zero for me.

Actually, this movie reminds me of how I feel towards Prometheus, as an Aliens fan. Like, it's there but it feels like one small piece to a new trilogy they're trying to squeeze inside of a small time-frame.

Nobody can really be surprised. This movie was setup for failure since Day 1.

Yeah the hype was just never there for general audiences. Like at all.

I saw the articles projecting 170m+ for the 4-day weekend and had no idea what they were talking about :lol:

Even up till last week, people were predicting big numbers, but it’s looking like Solo might do less than Justice League.

Yeah and word of mouth is not great. This is not a great movie. It was an ok movie. I’ve seen every Star Wars movie besides rogue one in the theater at least 3 times which I saw twice. If I don’t get back to the movies to see this one I’ll be ok waiting till Blu-ray

I had ridiculous expectations for Rogue One. And they were met. I didn't have crazy expectations with Solo, and they were far exceeded.

This is exactly how I feel.

Didn't have huge expectations for Solo and it blew them away. Felt like Indiana Jones in space. A super fun movie.

So far, the Anthology series is ****ting all over the Saga series since Disney took over. These are the Star Wars movies I've been waiting my whole life for :pimp:

Definitely seeing it again in theaters.

Being a Star Wars fan, the movie was fun to watch. It was cool seeing Han meet Chewbacca and Lando, but other than that, plot left a lot to be desired. Huge impossible task actually turned out to be pretty easy. Glover was great as Lando, but Han was too corny. His dialogue and the way it was delivered didn’t seem to fit. While Rogue One was great as a fun stand-alone story, this one only has value as exposition.

I liked it. It wasn't anything special, but enjoyable

Not sure if it seemed like a Star Wars movie. I sort of forgot until dude popped near the end.

Solo.....

This. It was a fun and enjoyable film to watch. After Rogue One and this, and post Episode 6 Star Wars movies, I like Star Wars side stories/spinoffs better than their main storylines.

Back
Top Bottom