Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stop waving your hand around trying to move sht.
Bathrobe Hippies.

10f13db119cdc296bc3b3e4770220e2a.jpg

Semi-related: I went to see the Rian Johnson film, Knives Out tonight. I thought it was great. Definitely worth watching regardless of what you think of The Last Jedi.

Stop being dramatic, millions of people give a ****, they'll all be there Thursday-Sunday night.

I will be updating the thread with box numbers and comparisons to the two previous films of the trilogy.

Ochi :smh: convoluted mess

Reactions: ARK
Semi-related: I went to see the Rian Johnson film, Knives Out tonight. I thought it was great. Definitely worth watching regardless of what you think of The Last Jedi.
I don't doubt Rian's a great director. His Star Wars project just didn't work for me. ️🤷‍♂️

Biggest mistake was not conceiving this 'trilogy' as an actual trilogy and sticking with the same director and story line. Episodes I-III were weak but Lucas at least kept things consistent and (somewhat) improved on each one.

Considering that TFA made an 'ish ton of money the onus should've been on Disney to retain J. J. Abrams for all 3 joints and pay him whatever the hell he wanted to ensure his time commitment to all 3 films.

Imagine LoTR with different directors and each one being given liberty with their scripts. :smh: :smh: :smh:

I will be updating the thread with box numbers and comparisons to the two previous films of the trilogy.

Ochi :smh: convoluted mess

Totally fine. We all know how it works, huge numbers first weekend, 60% drop the 2nd week (But still a ton of money) another huge drop week 3 etc, and in the end, it will reach a Billion and you'll be deeming it a fail while I laugh heartily. Same as TLJ.

Tossup among Sith Troopers, Knights of Ren and Emperor.
Who is going to disappoint us most with their movie roles.

Edit:

Last edited:
So as of 4-5 hours ago, Rian Johnson trilogy is still happening. :pimp:

I know that can change, quickly, ala GoT guys, but I'm glad he's still proceeding for now.

Tossup among Sith Troopers, Knights of Ren and Emperor.
Who is going to disappoint us most with their movie roles.

Edit:

The assumption here is that any of us expect anything from those 3 in this movie from JJ.

Lowered expectations should be the theme going in to this. I specifically expect to be disappointed with the Emperor. He showed out in RotJ and RotS. This just might be some convolutedness.

Last edited:
1575403956753.png

Disney+ has just announced a new original game show coming to the streaming service next year.

Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge is an exciting new game show set in a galaxy far, far away, which tests young contestants’ abilities in the core Jedi principles of strength, knowledge, and bravery as they face thrilling and fun obstacles in an attempt to achieve the rank of Jedi Knight!

From lightsabers, to hyperspace, the Force, and the dark side, Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge transports viewers and contestants into the Star Wars galaxy like never before.

The show is hosted by Ahmed Best, who will play a Jedi Master and mentor to the contestants. Known to many fans as Jar Jar Binks from the Star Wars prequels, Best’s unique set of skills as an actor, dancer, martial arts expert, STOMP musician, and Star Wars fan make him the perfect choice as the show’s host and mentor.

Best is joined by a hilarious humanoid droid companion, voiced by Mary Holland (VEEP, Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre).

“This is definitely a kids game show like no other,” says Lucasfilm’s senior director of Online Content & Programming, Mickey Capoferri. “The various challenges will test a Padawan’s connection to the Force in three locations — a forest planet, on board a Jedi star cruiser, and inside a Jedi Temple — immersing them and the audience in a fun, humorous, and exciting competition.”
“Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge brings together the best of Star Wars – competitive spirit, harrowing obstacles and a hero’s triumph over challenges – in a totally new format for the franchise,” said Dan Silver, vice president, Originals – Unscripted Content, Disney+. “A game show set in the Star Wars galaxy is a perfect fit for Disney+.”

Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge is executive produced by Lucasfilm, Dean Houser, and David Chamberlin and Mike Antinoro from Endeavor Content.

The show will launch on Disney+ in 2020.

Lots of new footage in this one and the second half features what sounds like it could be part of the new score from John Williams :nerd:

i'm california so we wont get it here til december but it looks amazing from what i could see in clips

full ride vids should be coming in from vloggers later today

Back
Top Bottom