• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
giphy.gif

One of the greatest scenes in cinematic history :pimp:

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker to introduce new Force powers that will “infuriate some people,” says J.J. Abrams

There's been an awakening. In a galaxy far, far away, the Jedi and Sith have learned some new Force powers, ones that have never been seen before. At least, that's what Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker director J.J. Abrams has promised.

Speaking to Vanity Fair, the filmmaker revealed that Episode 9 will introduce a host of new Force powers – including some that will "infuriate some fans." Reasoning why, he told the publication: “It was really important that we not just redo the things you’ve seen, but add new elements—which we knew will infuriate some people and thrill others."

That's not to say that the old ways have been forgotten, with Abrams confirming that they have simply found "new ways of doing sort of traditional, must-have sequences" such as "chases or lightsaber battles". He continued: “We wanted to make sure that this picture also showed aspects of the Force in ways that go beyond what you’ve seen before.”

One such new power may be Rey's ability to jump huge distances. In a recent TV spot, the hero of our story was seen attempting to launch herself from a Death Destroyer onto an escape ship that's a very long way away. Could she use the Force to jump that huge distance?

Abrams, of course, remains tight-lipped over what exactly is in stall for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Previously speaking to our sister publication Total Film about Episode 9, he spoke about learning from Rian Johnson's Star Wars: The Last Jedi – a movie that also introduced new Force powers, such as Luke being able to make an illusion of himself of the salt planet Crait.

“Rian helped remind me that that’s why we’re on these movies – not to just do something that you’ve seen before,” Abrams said. “I won’t say that I felt constrained or limited on 7, but I found myself wanting to do something that felt more consistent with the original trilogy than not. And on 9, I found myself feeling like I’m just gonna go for it a bit more.”
Not steeped in SW fandom but the one thing I remember fans in unison saying would piss them off is if the force somehow allowed for time travel.

Cant even think of anything significant enough to infuriate ppl. I know there are super annoying things that can contradict continuity.

Like Rian's suicidal dropout out of hyperdrive in to a first order star ship. Could spam that kamikaze attack for every rebellion/resistance/revolution.

Rian did do the Leia Mary Poppins save herself while everyone else dies move. I can see its posted now :lol:

Last edited:
What an exciting Star Wars day today, A lot of the Mando Merc costumers are getting worked up about it being ok to remove their helmets and JJ just opened up the can of worms about LGBT's being represented in Episode 9.

tenor.gif

Is this a real thing? Like are they upset in real life about the helmet thing? I keep seeing memes but I thought it was a joke.

Is this a real thing? Like are they upset in real life about the helmet thing? I keep seeing memes but I thought it was a joke.

Yeah, I checked in on a few posts from social media and comments seem like they were getting pretty heated. It's one aspect of the fandom I could do without. That's why I don't associate with the Merc groups. I feel like talking Mando is the equivalent of learning Klingon or learning Elvish or whatever its called in Lord of the Rings, but that's just a nerd bridge I can't cross:lol: No offense to those that are into that stuff though.

Not steeped in SW fandom but the one thing I remember fans in unison saying would piss them off is if the force somehow allowed for time travel.

Cant even think of anything significant enough to infuriate ppl. I know there are super annoying things that can contradict continuity.

Like Rian's suicidal dropout out of hyperdrive in to a first order star ship. Could spam that kamikaze attack for every rebellion/resistance/revolution.

Rian did do the Leia Mary Poppins save herself while everyone else dies move. I can see its posted now :lol:

Makes you wonder why a Jedi master like Mace couldn't survive his fall.

I can see them introducing self healing or some other type of regenerative powers.

I literally hollered out "are you f'n serious dude" as I was watching that scene my cousin elbowed me to tell me to keep quiet but he was thinking the same thing lmao

Couple of us looked at each other when we saw that scene - literally a twilight zone moment.

Work booked a screen at the local cinema for a corporate event so we saw the joint at 9 in the morning. The look of confusion and disgust on everyone's face after the showing won't be forgotten easily. I'm a casual SW fan and I think most of us at work are the same and we literally expecting a sequel to TFA, not that Spaceballs-like nonsense. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Wait, wasn't "time travel" introduced in Rebels?

I can see them introducing self healing or some other type of regenerative powers.
if you read the spoilers you would know the power and it absolutely is wasted in the movie 🤣

this movie might actually be worse than the last jedi lol

Since this trilogy has become a financial success I've come across so many fan theories and ones from actors that undo so many prequel deaths.

According to Samuel L. Mace isnt dead. He survived, went in to hiding, and is biding his time :lol: Even now. He just waiting for Disney/Lucasfilm to tell him when they're doing his movie/show :lol:

Wait, wasn't "time travel" introduced in Rebels?
My memory is hazy on Rebels.

But if you're talking about the whole thing with Hisoka being last seen facing Vader and missing the rest of the series until Maul and Ezra and the holocrum or holocrux and some special Sith/Jedi temple yeah that was sort of time travel but more of a payoff of Palpatine's promise to Anakin that with the force you could reverse death and change past events.

The thing about that whole arc though is nobody knew what it was until they were in it and not one single person was controlling it through the force or by other means. Then the whole thing collapsed.

:lol: I'm not even against the idea of floating/flying, makes sense the way they can propel themselves as the next evolution, and her being an unconventional Jedi would make sense her discovering new ****. But why have her die in space for like 10 mins first.

Just got spoilers from a reliable source...there is going to be mayhem in here on the 20th:rofl:

Lando’s daughter being the reverse of Rey’s story and essentially Finn’s story, Grandpa Palapatine, clones of Snoke, Kylo falling to his death never to be heard from again. They completely dismantled Star Wars :smh:

:smh:

leaks been out for months. Might as well post it so we can corroborate
>Rey arrives on Exogol to confront Sheev. Sheev is attached to his life support chair.
>Sheev talks to Rey, nearly reciting word-for-word his speech to Luke from ROTJ.
>Sheev confirms that Rey is his granddaughter, but doesn't go into detail about which one of her parents was his offspring.
>Rey asks Sheev how he's still alive if Vader killed him 31 years ago. This is an alteration from the "Kylo meeting Sheev" scene.
>PLOT TWIST: Sheev reveals that he's the REAL one. The Sheev who died in ROTJ was merely a clone. Sheev knew that Vader would ultimately betray him, so he prepared several clones in advance for such an occasion while he hid himself on Exogol, tricking the galaxy into thinking he was dead. The Knights of Ren are also implied to be clones. During this revelation, another clone walks in, appearing to be far younger than the current Sheev. This clone is played by Matt Smith.
>Kylo Ren approaches the throne room, but the Knights of Ren stop him. Rey "force teleports" Leia's lightsaber to him. Kylo kills all the Knights and enters the throne room.
>Sheev smiles and states how Rey and Kylo have finally been brought together, almost mirroring Snoke's speech in TLJ. This is one of the things that JJ meant of "honoring" TLJ.
>Sheev says "Execute Order 67" through a hologram. The Sith Armada of Star Destroyers mounted with Death Star cannons arises from the water.
>Leia and Hux join forces & assemble the Resistance Fleet. They engage with the Sith forces over Exogol.
>Jannah and Finn lead a cavalry aboard General Pryde's flagship to disable it as regular ships can't destroy for some reason. They must take out the flag ship in order to send the Sith Fleet into a disarray. Finn and Jannah kill Pryde and take out the flagship.
>Sheev cackles and shoots out force lightning to disable the entire Resistance Fleet. The Millennium Falcon gets blown up. Leia, Lando, Chewie, 3PO, and R2 die. This is supposed to be the "saddest" part of the movie.
>Rey and Kylo try to fight off Sheev. Sheev kills Kylo with force lightning and sends him into the abyss. This causes Rey to get angry and channel every Jedi ever. Sheev shoots lightning at Rey, but she deflects it back at him. Sheev blows up, dying once and for all.
>Rey then shoots a torrent of lightning into the sky and disables the rest of the Sith Armada. The remaining Resistance ships finish them off. Victory ensues, and everyone cheers for Rey.
>The ending involving Tatooine and "Rey Skywalker" is the same. They go to Tatooine to bury the Skywalker family's stuff, and a stranger walks up to Rey and asks her who she is. She takes on the surname "Skywalker" as a title, for she has "found her place in life" and whatnot. The End.

Back
Top Bottom