Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got the Disney elite 10" Vader for Christmas. Not bad for $20, not up there with sideshow or hot toys, but detail and build is honestly good for $20. I did a few mods like tucking in his cloth under the armor. The toy had the cloth over since it was marketed as A new hope Vader, but I went with the rogue one look and it makes his shoulders a bit more broad as compared to the cloth being over. But it may have to do with the cape which I tucked in to his head to make it pop more. Anyways, super cool and budget sideshow Vader
View media item 2275847

anakin

gets limbs sliced off and almost burned to death.............. Patch him up with robot parts.

padme.

broken heart.................dies

Anakin was a trained Jedi and a master of the force.

Women die during childbirth. That's not that unusual.
You can rationalize it so it is reasonable but the phrase died of a broken heart stuck.

They could've just said she no longer had the will to live and didn't fight after complications with the pregnancy.

Problem is Leia is suppose to remember her mother. So what did she remember of her mom when she died after giving birth to them? :lol: She mistake a smile for a corpse? Plus newborn memories? That's a new force ability? :nerd:
anakin

gets limbs sliced off and almost burned to death.............. Patch him up with robot parts.

padme.

She didn't die from childbirth. She died cuz she was sad. Literally, that was written into a screenplay.
"Medically, she's fine....She's lost the will to live"
Yeah those lines ruined it. They could've connected the two.

Even then, there are some inexplicable deaths that can't be explained medically.

Regardless, I still like the Palpatine had her killed head canon :lol: Force assassination can't be detected medically.

Last edited:
Took my 8yr old son to see R1 yesterday and we both loved it..I absolutely hated the girl that played Jen, but other than that I thought the movie was an awesome prequel to ANH..The ending to R1 was fantastic..The action scenes were great..And I really loved how they kept the look and feel of the original films..That's probably the most annoying thing about the 3 prequel movies to me..All the ships and cities looked way to shiny and smooth compared to the originals..

Can't wait for that Han Solo stand alone movie..

anakin

padme.

You can rationalize it so it is reasonable but the phrase died of a broken heart stuck.

They could've just said she no longer had the will to live and didn't fight after complications with the pregnancy.

Problem is Leia is suppose to remember her mother. So what did she remember of her mom when she died after giving birth to them? :lol: She mistake a smile for a corpse? Plus newborn memories? That's a new force ability? :nerd:
anakin

padme.

She didn't die from childbirth. She died cuz she was sad. Literally, that was written into a screenplay.
"Medically, she's fine....She's lost the will to live"
Yeah those lines ruined it. They could've connected the two.

Even then, there are some inexplicable deaths that can't be explained medically.

Regardless, I still like the Palpatine had her killed head canon :lol: Force assassination can't be detected medically.

Really this is all they needed to do, because Padme surviving obviously doesn't help Palpatine's plans to get his Apprentice to fully commit to the Dark Side. Even as someone who loves ROTS, I can admit that the explanation they gave was weak.

I actually liked the idea of Padme just dying of a "broken heart". Her whole existence is essentially to be the mother of Luke and Leia. Lucas never made her a strong heroine type female as much as she essentially made Padme an enabler for Anakin joining the darkside. Anakin killed Tuskegee women and children and she marries him. She visibly sees him on the darkside and still tells him to run away with her and leave everything behind. She was letting the kid hit raw and she knew he was crazy. The force just needed her as a vessel to carry the chosen ones seeds and allow the prophecy to manifest since Anakin had took the long route. Her existence only coincided with the innocence of Anakin.

Darth Vader doing his first ever force choke on his wife....priceless.

movie was dope..went back and watched rebels
pimp.gif
...would be dope if they tie the two together at the end around the battle on Scarif

Vader last scene in the dark breathing then lightsaber melee
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I actually liked the idea of Padme just dying of a "broken heart". Her whole existence is essentially to be the mother of Luke and Leia.
This is exactly why it's terrible. That is just poor short sighted planning and writing for a supporting character that vital to the story and plot.

You also seem to be ignoring all of the alleged important Senate busy work Lucas had Padme doing until ROTS. She couldn't be the independent type of heroine Leia was for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Padme was directly involved in the fighting in both Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, all while being a part of the Senate as well. Yeah, she's Luke and Leia's mom, but it's not as if Anakin pumped them into her and she just sat around letting them marinate for 9 months, without ever doing anything else.

Can't think of another time Anakin used
the force choke in the prequels

Not in the prequels, during the television series'. And books and comics if we're going to count them.

Last edited:
Shout out to the dude who recommended watching this in Dolby Cinema. Rewatched it this morning at the Metreon and it was AMAZING. Loved the display on the wall and sound effects right when you enter.

Got the Disney elite 10" Vader for Christmas. Not bad for $20, not up there with sideshow or hot toys, but detail and build is honestly good for $20. I did a few mods like tucking in his cloth under the armor. The toy had the cloth over since it was marketed as A new hope Vader, but I went with the rogue one look and it makes his shoulders a bit more broad as compared to the cloth being over. But it may have to do with the cape which I tucked in to his head to make it pop more. Anyways, super cool and budget sideshow Vader
View media item 2275847

Vader w the gucci link. Make it gold :pimp:

Since Vader got his castle chillin in Mustafar. Do you guys think Kylo will discover papa's pad in episode 8. He did leave his helmet at star killer when it collapsed. Kylo I gonna get ahold of Vaders pad and behold all the Vader suits that exist. And he's gonna head to the basement and find snoke/ Vaders apprentice just chillin there. We'all get to see Vader on screen again but just Kylo under the suit.

Watched it for a 2nd time last night and loved it even more

Final scene 
eek.gif

K2SO moments 
pimp.gif

R2 and Threepio cameo 
eek.gif

Michael Giacchino score was amazing as well.

just got done seeing this joint.

first off, it was weird not having a star wars film start off like a star wars film.

the cinematography was excellent, that first scene where ben mendelson touches down in that field.
i thought forrest whitakers character could have been more developed, i get the purpose but it seemed like a throwaway character.
The first half was just okay to me...it was like okay we have to go here for this, then here for this etc etc......it looked good but i kind of settled in after 45 min.

I thought the character development was okay, but not great.

2nd half was great. Action, pace, grittiness that wasn't really present in any star wars films. I think this has to be the most amount of hero casualties in a star wars film, has to be. I liked how the death star blew up planets in this film, as opposed to others where the planet kind of blew up like a bomb...here it was more realistic, kind of "beautiful" like mendelson said.

the initial scene with darth vader was kinda odd to me. Its like he now lives in the castle on the planet he got deformed on lol...kinda mythical there....that line about choking....vader don't say **** like that.

Now the final scene....kicked the seat in front of me when that red lighsaber lit up. That was ******* awesome. The most visceral vader scene probably ever.

this film was exactly what i expected but the end was a nice surprise, i had no idea it would end right where a new hope begins.

another huge thing to me was the CGI oh my god the cgi. grand moff tar kin was amazingly done....i think thats the bar for that technique right there.

all in all id give this film a solid 6.4982/8

Glad to see the boba fett movie is looking like it's back on not sure I like the premise of it being a origin story , seems a bit unnecessary considering aotc and all I'd much prefer a look at the sw universe underworld involving crime lords and cartels and rival bounty hunters competing with each other and have it be completely separated from empire vs rebellion politics

Back
Top Bottom