Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him in chokehold

The reason I ask the question is that the boyc
I just don't ever see this happening.

"Hey guys, we've been noticing all the injustice, and we do admit we have been ******* with you guys for a really long time.. So are we cool? We good now? We've complied with your demands and we can all just live in peace."

I don't think one time in history we've seen a case of this. The only way we'd have equality is if a general consensus of whites decided to relinquish themselves of their advantage.. Not happening. We could try to take it by force... Also not happening, we have neither the numbers or the arms. Separate economy? RIP Child of Lil' Africa.

Personally, I've just been slowly approaching the conclusion that it's best to just leave while you still can. I've been giving that thought some heavy play for post-graduation.

That's my point, there's no way these guys who see us as worthless now will all of a sudden care and undertand that we are equals because we boycott. Understand that I know boycotting will have a dramatic change once we get it rolling and stand firm on those changes, but it's not going to charge these old guys hearts. which is why we need to become more politcally aware and get those guys out and put more appropriate men in

As far as leaving...man I can't think of a country that doesn't view African Americans as bad if not worse than they way America views us. I've heard from numerous people that even native Africans hate us and think we are embarassments

Quote:

"Hey guys, we've been noticing all the injustice, and we do admit we have been ******* with you guys for a really long time.. So are we cool? We good now? We've complied with your demands and we can all just live in peace."

I don't think one time in history we've seen a case of this. The only way we'd have equality is if a general consensus of whites decided to relinquish themselves of their advantage.. Not happening. We could try to take it by force... Also not happening, we have neither the numbers or the arms. Separate economy? RIP Child of Lil' Africa.

Personally, I've just been slowly approaching the conclusion that it's best to just leave while you still can. I've been giving that thought some heavy play for post-graduation.
but where do we go?
When you find out let me know.
I don't like to deal with what-ifs when it comes to history.. It always repeats itself, always. Even if we did manage to have a short victory, as we've had in the past, a new system would rise up to take it place. This is what history has shown.

Nothing has proven otherwise.

Last edited:
NYPD officer who choked EricGarner not charged but Ramsey Orta, man who filmed incident, was

Okay, so what are the protesters here in NYC trying to accomplish with their marches this evening? According to 1010, it's simply to disrupt traffic. Nah, it can't be that simple, can it?

I guess I'm a little ignorant to the effectiveness of protests. Let me stand back and observe it's effectiveness (or lack thereof).

Last edited:

As far as leaving...man I can't think of a country that doesn't view African Americans as bad if not worse than they way America views us.

I've heard from numerous people that even native Africans hate us and think we are embarassments
Just go on WSHH, mad videos of Africans getting beat TF up in other countries because they don't want them there.

As far as the African thing... FACTS. Not all but a lot of them. But it's no different than anyone coming from nothing, to the US and working hard and belittling people here who don't.

Quote:

but where do we go?

When you find out let me know.

[thread="601000"]
Quote:

That's my point, there's no way these guys who see us as worthless now will all of a sudden care and undertand that we are equals because we boycott. Understand that I know boycotting will have a dramatic change once we get it rolling and stand firm on those changes, but it's not going to charge these old guys hearts. which is why we need to become more politcally aware and get those guys out and put more appropriate men in

As far as leaving...man I can't think of a country that doesn't view African Americans as bad if not worse than they way America views us. I've heard from numerous people that even native Africans hate us and think we are embarassments
[/thread]

I don't like to deal with what-ifs when it comes to history.. It always repeats itself, always. Even if we did manage to have a short victory, as we've had in the past, a new system would rise up to take it place. This is what history has shown.

Nothing has proven otherwise.

the above exchange is super depressing...do people really believe that the issue is that black & brown are seen as "worthless" or somehow less than? granted the history reflects some of that as truth & the system is still very much biased and being that these cases have basically involved white officers and black victims it makes the race angle the easy "hot take," but honestly i don't see it that way entirely...

the "us" vs. "them" isn't along racial lines, nor is it law enforcement. i think it comes down to many white folk or even just affluent people generally don't really understand or know what it is to have this confrontational relationship to law enforcemnet; and that is ENTIRELY due to how different their communities are policed. so when they sit on a jury about to convict an officer of an intentional crime, they don't have the same frame of reference. i really think it is/has been a class thing, which actually does trickle down into just many/if not all aspects of life...it is definitely hard to deny the disparities but that has a lot to do with how communities are policed, which has a lot to do with the economics...

all that being said i was not really outraged by either decisions in the brown & garner cases as the trayvon martin outcome; to be clear i do not think in neither case was the force used justified necessarily, especially given the offenses involved but to say either cases were clear cut cases of officers intending harm/death seems a stretch & the nature of these cases in some ways obscures some of the other things at play (you don't have to be informed really to feel a way about these type of cases, the reaction(s) are almost visceral, whereas things like economics & education in these communities, health care, a living wage, the criminal justice system in general-these thing are just as skewed & arguably just as important but people don't generally have the same reactions to) & just puts the spotlight on race; when it really seems to be larger than that, but it definitely isn't at the point where anarchy is necessary, because while the recent frequency of these incident clustered together.seems like a low point in the american experience for african americans...it isn't and while there is much progress to be made, the historical trend of less violence & more understanding will hopefully continue...

mean.gif
Charged for what?
They caught him with a strap a few days after the Gardner incident.
yea that **** is hella misleading......not a fan of it cause that's what the other side do every day with them conservative times articles

how does son's arrest record change anything that happened in the video?

this is become genocide, a cleansing of america 
mad.gif

Seeing as how my answer is yes, I have no problem admitting I stopped reading at that point.

I'm proud of all the cities out there really protesting i went out on Wednesday night and the energy was something special. Literally thousands walking the streets, all ages, colors, peacefully but forcefully getting a message out. Protesting isn't gonna get anything to stop but its Forcing people to talk about it, forcing people to see that their are bigger things. It's hopefulness.

Okay, so what are the protesters here in NYC trying to accomplish with their marches this evening? According to 1010, it's simply to disrupt traffic. Nah, it can't be that simple, can it?

I guess I'm a little ignorant to the effectiveness of protests. Let me stand back and observe it's effectiveness (or lack thereof).
if you agree in any way that the protests in nyc were to simply disrupt traffic then i don't know what to tell you. it shouldn't be that difficult to figure out on your own, but 

as has been explained many times over protests aren't going to change anything overnight, but they do make people pay attention to the issues

they got deblasio to talk about it with bratton, they got the media talking about it, they got your neighbors talking about it, etc

let's be honest, voting really doesn't do much. the system is skewed & stagnant. waiting every 4 years and such to choose between the lesser of two evils doesn't work, so we need to push things along a little more forcefully to make them work for us

Last edited:
Seen they were doing mass arrest last nights...226 i think got arrested...

Police using LRAD and pepper spray last night...

Wtf is this? It keeps flowing the protest. And It messes up my phone when it drives by #ericgarner
View media item 1289946

“There’s a widespread pattern in American policing where resisting arrest charges are used to sort of cover – and that phrase is used – the officer’s use of force,” said Walker, the accountability expert from the University of Nebraska. “Why did the officer use force? Well, the person was resisting arrest.”

http://www.wnyc.org/story/can-the-nypd-spot-the-abusive-cop

This shirt is pretty darn accurate. I know its exxageration but still.. theres a "tier" like sentencing structure for colors in the US

Last edited:
theyre giving their audience what they wanna see

men like to look at the women

women feel empowered by seeing professional women

Eric Garner's daughter is probably the only sensible person that i've heard speak on the situation and verdict. Agree 100% with her

Last edited:
Eric Garner's daughter is probably the only sensible person that i've heard speak on the situation and verdict. Agree 100% with her
im still throwing the race card in this one.. black criminals should start dying their skin white and put on white masks..lol

whats the point of throwing the race card in when race had little to nothing to do with the situation? Crying wolf isn't gonna help.

Back
Top Bottom