Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Durden7

Back from suspension camp....
30t6p3b.gif
What'd you do
nerd.gif

Allegedly started a "flame war" in the Jay Cutler knee thread. 

Finally got completely over mono and other things preventing me from working out.

About to hit the gym tonight after about 4 months of not being able to. 

All my progress is lost and I'll be starting over 
frown.gif
 but I'm excited to start working out again. 
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I know im a week late, but wrist curls wont help with grip or forearm strength.
Dammit. Are you cereal? I mean, my grip did get better, afterall...I think...I do look like a tool doing those though. Maybe I should stop.

Originally Posted by syxth element

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Did some bench press last night. Tried out single arm flat DB press... crazy exercise

The front of my shoulders are absolutely killing me!

Did you keep the dumbbell outwards when pressing? you may have done more shoulder work than chest depending on form

I love national chesticle day (monday workout), the pump in the pecs is like no other
DAMN
that's exactly it... I found I could press heavier DBs with the weights at a 45 degree angle and closer to the inside of my body. 
eyes.gif

Did rack pulls for the first time. Should I be setting the bar below or above my knees???? MY LATS were getting the pump 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by syxth element

Did some bench press last night. Tried out single arm flat DB press... crazy exercise

The front of my shoulders are absolutely killing me!

Did you keep the dumbbell outwards when pressing? you may have done more shoulder work than chest depending on form

I love national chesticle day (monday workout), the pump in the pecs is like no other
DAMN
that's exactly it... I found I could press heavier DBs with the weights at a 45 degree angle and closer to the inside of my body. 
eyes.gif

Did rack pulls for the first time. Should I be setting the bar below or above my knees???? MY LATS were getting the pump 
nerd.gif

Slightly below the knee.

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

30t6p3b.gif

Dammit. Are you cereal? I mean, my grip did get better, afterall...I think...I do look like a tool doing those though. Maybe I should stop.
Kelloggs cereal.

Isometric grip exercises will help with grip strength, but curls won't help much.

The DOMS on my front shoulders is legit unbearable.

If I don't do something about it tonight I won't be able to get out of bed tomorrow. This is by far the worst workout hangover I've ever had.

Advice????

been a good month away from the gym.

im so weak right now its ridiculous.

was able to get 120 lb dumbells up with ease 2 months ago...

can barely do 80 right now

i shouldnt even have tried smh

ac injuries ftl.

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

been a good month away from the gym.

im so weak right now its ridiculous.

was able to get 120 lb dumbells up with ease 2 months ago...

can barely do 80 right now

i shouldnt even have tried smh

ac injuries ftl.
sig check
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Team[/color] [color= rgb(0, 0, 204)]Fitness[/color] 
[color= rgb(0, 255, 255)]No more excuses.[/color] 

grin.gif

Decided to test my max on bench again after my epic fail a few weeks ago...... Got 275x4 pretty easily... then when I was gonna bump it up to 295x1, or even 315x1, my spotter left me
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Hey NT,

I've been lurking through this and other workout threads trying to figure out whats best for me. Im 5'11' and 160lbs. Im def not overweight but I'm not in shape (gotta gut)

I started doing Insanity and Im a week in. Will doing that get me looking leaner or should I be following a plan like this? http://www.simplyshredded.com/fitne...el-okunola-talks-with-simplyshredded-com.html
Son's abs look like intestines.  I say stick with the insanity if you can keep up or look into a beginner strength training program.  That right there is an advanced routine.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Hey NT,

I've been lurking through this and other workout threads trying to figure out whats best for me. Im 5'11' and 160lbs. Im def not overweight but I'm not in shape (gotta gut)

I started doing Insanity and Im a week in. Will doing that get me looking leaner or should I be following a plan like this? http://www.simplyshredded.com/fitne...el-okunola-talks-with-simplyshredded-com.html
Son's abs look like intestines.  I say stick with the insanity if you can keep up or look into a beginner strength training program.  That right there is an advanced routine.
I can imagine a baby alien ripping out of that guys stomach through his abs

Originally Posted by Club29

my diet has been in check and the results are finally showing

tumblr_lfwj2hCNpV1qdh2uso1_500.jpg

eat your heart out kids
this guy best have been showing a strap in the original
30t6p3b.gif

Breaking your plateaus and the sudden feel of increase strength, is a great feeling keeps you motivated...

Originally Posted by Al Audi

A gym regular I see a lot asked me today was I on a fat burner.......I said no, Keto.

by any chance...have you been taking pics of yourself?  just to see what kind of affect the keto diet has. 

or if you could just tell us the changes you've seen in your body?

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

for those who take Mass gainers to help them out, what would you say the best product there is without creatine?
I don't want to be taking this for 4-5 weeks and then when i don't have it for a while just lose all of the weight since its from the creatine water-weight.
someone's gotta be able to help me out here....
1. creatine doesn't equal water weight. creatine has developed a lot since inception and any monohydrate shouldn't do that.

2. no one here takes mass gainers. They are unhealthy and pointless. the key component is malodextrine i think and its just gonna make you fat.

3. the only mass gainer you need are REAL and WHOLE calories. if you want to gain mass then eat more. drinking a lot of milk can help tremendously 
Basically what I was trying to say before my edit, is for those who've taken creatine is how big is the drop off of weight should i expect to lose if i were to stop taking it after 5-6 weeks
Ahh, honestly man. Some people don't even notice a difference with creatine.
It's definitely not going to give you noticeable and temporary gains to any degree of concern

Ive taken Mutant Mass and ive gained quite a bit of mass.  Its not a long term thing, but mutant mass + food + crazy workout + cardio = lean to me.

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

30t6p3b.gif

You should take a look at "Mastery of Hand Strength" by John Brookfield for a good look at grip strength. Wrist curls are useful, but they're only a part of a good grip training program. Heavy deadlift holds, fat bar work, pinch gripping plates, crushers, extension work, farmers walks, etc. are all good moves
Anyone do snatch grip deadlifts? I tried them out today and it felt pretty good. Harder than a conventional deadlift at the same weight, and I did them super light too.

I've been looking at all the deadlift variations lately and I'm interested in adding a few to my routine. Suitcase deadlift, snatch grip on a platform, and behind the back deadlifts in particular.

Originally Posted by SdotCAR619

Quick question, are meal replacements good for you if you're trying to lose weight?

Yes. It's a quick meal fix that gives you good amounts of protein that is optimal when gaining muscle, which we know is a catalyst for burning fat.

Originally Posted by dgk3188

Originally Posted by Al Audi

A gym regular I see a lot asked me today was I on a fat burner.......I said no, Keto.

by any chance...have you been taking pics of yourself?  just to see what kind of affect the keto diet has. 

or if you could just tell us the changes you've seen in your body?
actually i do have a pic i took after the first week.....thing is i dont have a before pic..........

gimme a sec

Back
Top Bottom