Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Working out legs question:
If my goal is to be faster/jump higher/be more "planted" to stand my ground while playing basketball, how should I work out my legs? High weight, low reps? Low weight high reps? Or medium/heavy weight 6-8 reps?
Don't even bother going with high reps for basketball. You gotta be strong as heck to battle in the paint. Work on developing strength in squats (parallel or past) and deadlifts, and once you can lift a sufficient amount (around 1.5x bodyweight squats and 2x bodyweight deadlifts), then you can work on power by doing your squat and deadlifts as fast as possible with good form to work on explosion.

Originally Posted by akuratl02

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Can one of you 3 "studs" recommend me a good ab work out since you guys are so fancy now ... I want my abs dancing too!

Not one of the 3 studs but I'm like Joe camel I don't do much Ab work at all. I've gone years without doing any. Squats and deads will give you great abs.

Gonna start playing college baseball next year..Time to get into baseball shape
pimp.gif

I played basketball yesterday. I really am out of shape. Gonna skim through this thread because I want to get back in shape and put a lil muscle on.

If my goal is to be faster/jump higher/be more "planted" to stand my ground while playing basketball, how should I work out my legs? High weight, low reps? Low weight high reps? Or medium/heavy weight 6-8 reps?
Squats, deadlifts, power clean.
Especially power clean.  And after you get proper form down on power clean move to squat cleans.

Originally Posted by joree85

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Whey Protein Isolates have Dangerous Forms of Protein 

All whey protein isolates are devoid of nutritional co-factors including alkalizing minerals, naturally occurring vitamins, and lipids, which are lost in the processing... This renders them deficient and overly acidifying. Unlike whole protein food concentrates which does not acidify your body due to it's alkalinizing minerals, whey protein isolate are over acidifying. 

Whey isolate can be a serious liability.

If chronically consumed in large amounts (such as with bodybuilders or athletes) without alkalizing foods, it can acidify your body and over time may lead to metabolic acidosis with consequences that include waste of muscle and bone tissues, total metabolic shut down, and increased vulnerability to degenerative disease.

Many cheap whey protein isolates are produced from acid cheese; they're byproducts of acid processing, which is a cheap way to separate whey from the curd. Most of these whey products are rated below pet foods because of the inferior quality of the protein, which is actually more of a nitrogen waste product than one that will produce health benefits that are mentioned in the featured study.

Additionally once the fat has been removed from whey protein isolate, you lose some of the most important components of its immunological properties, such as phospholipids, phosphatidylserine and CLA. All of the IgG immunoglobulins, which are an excellent source of glutamine and glutamylcysteine, are also bound to the fat globule, and therefore lost in the processing of whey isolates.

So the bottom line is that if you want to use whey protein, PLEASE do not use an inferior whey isolate as there is no doubt in my mind it will cause more damage to you than benefit.

I've been using Optimum Gold Standard 100% Whey...am I good?

074312443206.jpg

i have this..

am i good?

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Originally Posted by chuck67

Originally Posted by needsomejays

do you feel like you've lost any muscle mass at all? or does it seem to all be fat? cause im thinking about trying out oep as well

Nope haven't lost a lick of muscle. All the weight lost has been from the fat on my chest/stomach. i can finally see my six pack now that was covered in bodyfat lol. and i do agree about having to pee alot but i do drink about a gallon of water a day so.. Definetly give it a try bro. iwas skeptical at first aswell but this stuff is the real deal. 
I was thinking about incorporating that into my diet and routine.  But whats deterring me from buying it is those side effects
ohwell.gif

I haven't really noticed anything bad. it actually gives me a little energy boost. i weighed myself today and im down to 170. i think some places give out samples of oxy elite.. try it see how it makes you feel then go from there..
on a side note i was with my girl and her friends and they had dominos and i just couldnt resist. 
ohwell.gif
 ate like 5 large greasy !%* slices.. *sigh* dieting is tough. 

I made a douche of my self and stated that I can *easily* drink 2L of milk in under 5 mins and not puke at all.

Can you guys give me advice.. serious. I was thinking 3hours fasting + cardio to 'require' liquid replenish... there has to be a bit of a science to this. what foods to consume prior to etc. what to eat immediately after to prevent vomiting.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Squats, deadlifts, power clean.
Especially power clean.  And after you get proper form down on power clean move to squat cleans.
But how many reps should I be aiming for?

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I made a douche of my self and stated that I can *easily* drink 2L of milk in under 5 mins and not puke at all.

Can you guys give me advice.. serious. I was thinking 3hours fasting + cardio to 'require' liquid replenish... there has to be a bit of a science to this. what foods to consume prior to etc. what to eat immediately after to prevent vomiting.
Maybe try lifting before and let the milk be your source of protein after..? 2L is a lot of milk bro 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kidUFC

All whey protein isolates are devoid of nutritional co-factors including alkalizing minerals, naturally occurring vitamins, and lipids, which are lost in the processing... This renders them deficient and overly acidifying. Unlike whole protein food concentrates which does not acidify your body due to it's alkalinizing minerals, whey protein isolate are over acidifying. 

If chronically consumed in large amounts (such as with bodybuilders or athletes) without alkalizing foods, it can acidify your body and over time may lead to metabolic acidosis with consequences that include waste of muscle and bone tissues, total metabolic shut down, and increased vulnerability to degenerative disease.

Many cheap whey protein isolates are produced from acid cheese; they're byproducts of acid processing, which is a cheap way to separate whey from the curd. Most of these whey products are rated below pet foods because of the inferior quality of the protein, which is actually more of a nitrogen waste product than one that will produce health benefits that are mentioned in the featured study.

Additionally once the fat has been removed from whey protein isolate, you lose some of the most important components of its immunological properties, such as phospholipids, phosphatidylserine and CLA. All of the IgG immunoglobulins, which are an excellent source of glutamine and glutamylcysteine, are also bound to the fat globule, and therefore lost in the processing of whey isolates.

So the bottom line is that if you want to use whey protein, PLEASE do not use an inferior whey isolate as there is no doubt in my mind it will cause more damage to you than benefit.

074312443206.jpg

i have this..

am i good?
^ I have the same as well

"Milk is for babies"-Arnold
Seriously though...I don't see why drinking that much milk is important to you

Cable Crunches and Hanging Leg Raises are the two best ab exercises IMO.
ya i do these the most......honestly have no clue if theyre good or not but if you say so.....i feel like ab isolation isnt as important as doing compound stuff

Great source of fat, protein and even a bit of carb (when I throw in choco milk).
It has seriously helped me in the small gains I've made. I have a hard time eating enough food in a day.

Why did Arnold say this? What the hell does he suggest?

Originally Posted by kidUFC

http://www.overstockdrugs...mages/w/074312443206.jpg src="http://www.overstockdrugstore.com/product_images/w/074312443206.jpg">

i have this..

am i good?

Best bang for your buck if you ask me.

Great source of fat, protein and even a bit of carb (when I throw in choco milk).
It has seriously helped me in the small gains I've made. I have a hard time eating enough food in a day.

Why did Arnold say this? What the hell does he suggest?
oh ok good info.. lol the full Arnold quote was "Milk is for babies, I drink beer" -Pumping Iorn (but seriously he didnt drink milk at all)

This is the progress I have made from February to the end of April (excuse the dirty mirror
laugh.gif
).  Unfortunately, I seem to have plateaued a bit.  I just started the EC stack, but I don't see or feel  any difference.  Any diet suggestions or cardio/lifts any of you would recommend?

EDIT: I have been on the EC stack for about 2 weeks

so what the hell is the deal with these protein shakes? I'm taking ON Natural whey and now it's toxic? FML.

Also is post workout carbs necessary? Especially in the dextrose form if your trying to lose some overall body fat? I take 50 grams of dextrose postworkout...am I overdoing it if I'm trying to both burn fat and add some lean mass?

Back
Top Bottom